• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

It's Thursday, isn't it?

"But if Tennessee wants, it could trade the No. 1 overall pick to Cleveland (No. 2), San Diego (No. 3), Dallas (No. 4), San Francisco (No. 7) or any team looking to leapfrog the others to draft a quarterback. Cleveland has been in this position before, trying to go up one spot to secure the player it wants. Back in the 2012 draft, Cleveland traded multiple picks to Minnesota to move up one spot, from No. 4 to No. 3, to secure the draft rights to Alabama running back Trent Richardson. The Browns were worried that the Buccaneers wanted Richardson at No. 5. But former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik confirmed Richardson never was an option, and so the Browns gave away picks for nothing."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14709420/five-biggest-nfl-offseason-storylines

Bucs fucked over The Cleve :)

if Russ had that o-line...

although most of his plays are generated by bullshit, so who knows!

If Cam had a top ten defense of all time...

I'm not dogging Russ over that btw, I have no problem with people picking him as he is the less inconsistent, more reliable QB of the two without a doubt.

But up until this year, Cam has always been asked to do more for his team than Wilson has for his.

eznark

Banned

I'm not dogging Russ over that btw, I have no problem with people picking him as he is the less inconsistent, more reliable QB of the two without a doubt.

But up until this year, Cam has always been asked to do more for his team than Wilson has for his.

And up until this year Cam has been mediocre.

Greg

Watt would be an awesome teammate for the Super Bowl. He'd volunteer to do all the media events so you can just enjoy your week and prep for the game.
for once I'd feel bad for the reporters!

defense had a big influence in the success for both teams

if only Rodgers didn't suck this year, the defense could've been the deciding factor for the Packers too :((

Current young QB rankings

Wuss
Scam
Carr
Cousins (no Gata not that kind of cousin)
Luck
Botles
why can't a QB just be a QB?!

BigAT

Hot Fuzz is fantastic and so is Shaun of the Dead. World' End was a huge letdown however. Complete letdown.

It was the opposite for me, I found Hot Fuzz really disappointing but liked World's End a lot.

Shaun of the Dead is the GOAT, obviously.

MechDX

tom-savage-nfl-preseason-san-francisco-49ers-houston-texans.jpg

You will all rue the day you didnt put Savage Tom on your top young QB lists!! He will go out this year and prove God exists!

96231-wind-blowing-Nicolas-Cage-hair-GPA9.gif

Welcome to the Super Bowl, Cam

One day after saying he was tired of talking about race, Cam Newton is now tired of talking about everything else, too.

The usually chatty quarterback turned a bit cranky on Wednesday morning, just four questions into his latest press conference, complaining about the repetitive questions he has been getting from the media during Super Bowl week. Oddly, the one that set him off was an unusually easy one — about what it means to him to be leading a team into Super Bowl 50.

“You know what’s confusing? How can I reword questions I’ve been asked so many times?” Newton said. “Golly. Nothing pretty much has changed since I’ve seen you guys 24 hours ago. I had an unbelievable sleep, but yet I’m up here again. It’s cool. It’s like, I don’t know how you want to say it.

Later in the press conference, though, he sounded annoyed at the media again when he was asked if winning a national championship at Auburn prepared him for the “media pressures” of the Super Bowl stage.

“It’s not necessarily the media pressure, it’s just media requirements that (are) getting up under a lot of people’s skin,” Newton said. “I think I’ve got to meet with you guys another time and nothing’s going to change. I’ll be walking out in this room, walking up those stairs, going to another meeting, going to practice, probably playing a couple of video games, talking to my parents, making sure they make it here on time, waking up, brushing my teeth — obviously — go to another meeting. Depends on what the breakfast looks like, if I may eat it or not. Go to the team meeting, come back to you guys and talk.

“I don’t get it. I don’t know what you guys want to know, man. But it is what it is.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=RVacchiano+Twitter

Current young QB rankings

Wuss
Scam
Carr
Cousins (no Gata not that kind of cousin)
Luck
Botles

As much as I like Cam, I don' think he would be above Luck in terms of building a team around. If the Panthers continue to use to him the way they have (i.e., running draws and shit) he won't last a long time.

Spinluck

As much as I like Cam, I don' think he would be above Luck in terms of building a team around. If the Panthers continue to use to him the way they have (i.e., running draws and shit) he won't last a long time.

Oh yeah, most definitely, he's gonna get fucked up if he keeps surrendering his body on some of these runs.

Vick used to get destroyed playing in a similar way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Well that's not going to win him any arguments under all this scrutiny.

I'm also curious to see if Cam can keep his level of play up into next season. If he does, they'll be incredibly deadly because they're getting Kelvin Benjamin back on top of it all.

I'm still skeptical that this hasn't been a flash in the pan that many QBs go through in their careers.

Either way, Panthers will probably roll in the Super Bowl and we'd all take a one year wonder if it meant winning an owl. Hopefully Tolzien or Hundley will get their chance!

WedgeX

Banned
There was a lawyer in front of me in mental health court today on his laptop reading his animes.

I can only assume bionic was doing some pro bono work in DC today. Sorry I didn't say hi, bionic.

Godslay

Banned
Blew up the Broncos with one kidney tied behind his back and bleeding

I think saying he blew up the Broncos is generous. He had the same game Manning did, minus the 2 turnovers.

And as we all know Talib boned any chance for a drive to tie up or win the game.

Crisco

Banned
Oh yeah, most definitely, he's gonna get fucked up if he keeps surrendering his body on some of these runs.

Vick used to get destroyed playing in a similar way.

Injuries are definitely a concern with the way Cam plays, but the Panthers aren't going to stop using him on designed power runs. That's the secret sauce for our entire offense, having a QB who can pull in a safety on run support and also complete deep balls. You can account for a mobile QB who scrambles with a spy, but with Cam you're talking about any play potentially being a designed run where the best athlete on the field gets the ball with 7-8 blockers in front of him.

I don't think his long term durability will be an issue though, as long as we keep him protected when he's looking to pass in the pocket. He's also become smarter about sliding and running out of bounds lately, doesn't do that weird head first forward fall as much. The only time you really see him give up his body on runs is at the goal line.

squicken

I wonder if Denver can pay both Malik Jackson and Von Miller this offseason. They are losing so much talent. Helps to have Peyton and Ware off the books but Ware is still earning his money.

Spinluck

Luck got fucked up bad this season, but the season ending injury he obtained this year was on a run against the Broncos.

I think he's a durable guy, but he's been the most hit QB since entering the league. Cam's hits will add up too, maybe they need to take a pages out of the Panthers book when it comes to fixing that line. I remember the Panthers o-line being garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom