• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975
Ertz: Sam Bradford is excited. I know he wants to be back in Philadelphia. Jordan and I want to play w/him but it's a business. #Eagles

I want to see him back, but he has not at all earned a big multi year contract yet. Put the franchise tag on him and give him another year to prove it in an offense that is better tailored to his talents.

Defense was fine better than that since they kept them in the game. Brady and the offense were bad. Having a RB block was certainly something I Was expecting after the 10th or so hit.. Oh well.

No no no, they needed White to go out so that Brady could target him 16 times. Tom gets the ball out so fast no pass rush can get to him.

Godslay

Banned
Brady's fine.

Belichick will throttle him down to game manager status, like when he first came into the starting position.

He'll then phase in Jimmy at some point if/when Brady can't do it anymore.

That's the thing with hitting the wall. You'll see cracks and crevices of age poking through, and then boom the shit hits the fan. The question is do you try and deny it like Manning did early in the year? Or do you accept it as he has recently? Might be easier to accept for Brady as that's how he started his career, so it's not a leap to see him go back to being a game manager.

bionic77

Keanu Reeves and that Gabbert from Remember the Titans.
I am pretty sure that Reeves would get tackled by 9 players 10 seconds after he would hand the ball off in The Replacements.

Someone needs to make a Hollywood football game. I guess Blitz was the closest we came to that, but it was still too close to reality compared to NFL movies.

I want to see him back, but he has not at all earned a big multi year contract yet. Put the franchise tag on him and give him another year to prove it in an offense that is better tailored to his talents.

WHAT?!?!?!?!? Have you not watched Chip's offense the last 3 years. There is not an offense in the league that does a better job getting guys open. Nick fucking Foles put up big numbers in this offense. This was the perfect offense for Bradford, guys get open quick and he has super easy reads. There is a 0% chance that the offense doesnt take a big step back next year no matter who they bring in.

Hunter S.

The Broncos and Panthers have zero history of trash talk on here. Looks like Patriot fans will take up the job. This is like if the US (Broncos) got in a fight with New Zealand.

bionic77

Brady's fine.

Belichick will throttle him down to game manager status, like when he first came into the starting position.

He'll then phase in Jimmy at some point if/when Brady can't do it anymore.

That's the thing with hitting the wall. You'll see cracks and crevices of age poking through, and then boom the shit hits the fan. The question is do you try and deny it like Manning did early in the year? Or do you accept it as he has recently? Might be easier to accept for Brady as that's how he started his career, so it's not a leap to see him go back to being a game manager.
Brady can still throw the ball.

Manning can't.

Normally in the NFL a qb was done as soon as his legs went because you were a sitting duck and were going to die on the field if you kept playing. With the new rules you can be a statue out there and get protection (especially if you are Manning or Brady). Manning could still play football if his arm had any strength left in it, but he is just too fucked up to play. In a weak AFC Brady can probably get away with this shit for another 1-2 years. As long as he is not getting hit though I think he can make those dink and dunk throws for longer than that. They are not asking him to slide around the pocket and throw lasers 40 yard down the field. He throws short passes 90% of the time and occasionally will look to Gronk downfield or in the end zone.

And the Colts just hired him as an o-line coach...

py6iKj4.jpg

ACE 1991

WHAT?!?!?!?!? Have you not watched Chip's offense the last 3 years. There is not an offense in the league that does a better job getting guys open. Nick fucking Foles put up big numbers in this offense. This was the perfect offense for Bradford, guys get open quick and he has super easy reads. There is a 0% chance that the offense doesnt take a big step back next year no matter who they bring in.

Dude, Kelly got figured out in Philadelphia.

The offense was horrible this year, and Bradford is the not the read option QB that Chip Kelly wanted deep down in his heart. If he is back next year, you can bet that Peterson and the rest of the staff are going to try and build around him in a specific way that Chip Kelly did not. Plus, the Eagles couldn't catch anything this year, could barely establish the run, and the offensive line was pretty bad most of the season. On Nick Foles: I maintain that he was great that first season because their wasn't any tape on him and the league didn't know how to handle Kelly's system.

Brady lives on the short/intermediate throws and occasional deep ball (that's overthrown). He can probably play at least a year or two more. Who knows, maybe one injury will do him in or just father time.

Manning seemed good up until week 12 last season. Once he made that block against San Diego bruising his thigh he's struggled since. The foot thing didn't help either.

Jimmy Garoppolo is the future of Patriots fuckball?

Line_HTX

Really though, I never expected Gostkowski to miss a PAT there. The two turnover on downs aside, that one was a back breaker.

I've been a fan of this team since I was born. Terrible is a subjective term and you need optimism. Relative to our division of course we'd have a difficult time. We trotted out Darren Chiaverini and gotdamn Tim Couch to begin our new era in a division with elite defenses and solid commendable QBs. One team has to underperform in a division with three perennial playoff teams. Sucks it has to be us but that's life.
Its hard to fight off despair sometimes.

I would like to take a moment to vent about the Dolphins offensive line. Per PFF:

How can anyone evaluate Tannehill when he has to deal with this and a bottom 10 defense?

On another note, the Dolphins have spent so many draft picks on O-linemen and they still find themselves in this position. Garbage talent + garbage coaching = garbage results.

Can I make that excuse for kap too? We were winning playoff games when our OL was decent

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought the consensus was that every team is overpaying in free agency this year? Too much cap space out there and not enough talent right?

So Bruce Arians had something to say about yesterday.

Bruce Arians said:
"Carson didn't lose the damn game. Nothing wrong with his damn finger," Arians said. "You can keep all them questions. We just didn't play well enough. Our best players especially didn't play well enough."

So while I agree it's not 100% Palmer's fault, dropped passes, muffed punt, O-line collapsing and causing fumbles. Even so he was throwing high even on little 5-10 yard dunk passes. Oh well hopefully we can reinforce our O-line and provide Palmer more protection next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom