• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah but it's still more economical to keep him. Someone correct me but it Looks like it's $8M to keep him vs $13M to cut. May as well keep him on and hope he gets better. No one is taking that contract

I looked at the details on sportrac. I dunno. Did the contract guarantee his salary this year? If so, then there is no way he gets cut.

Bread

Banned
I hope my Chargers, Texans, and Browns all get a new franchise qb in the draft. Although the Texans have one already name of Savage Tom who knows if Billy BOB will give him a shot.

Hindl

I looked at the details on sportrac. I dunno. Did the contract guarantee his salary this year? If so, then there is no way he gets cut.

Yeah his contract + signing bonus ($8m) is fully guaranteed. Plus on sportrac it's saying he's $13M in dead cap so there's an extra $5M we'll pay out too

gutshot

Rapoport says to keep an eye on the Raiders, Seahawks and Cowboys with regards to the Murray situation.

I have to imagine any trade will come with a restructured contract. And the Eagles will be lucky to get a 5th rounder, at most.

Draxal

Just make the jump to the adult version of Fire Emblem.

XCOM_2_cover_art.jpg

That's not Crusader Kings.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
In a few minutes on @nflnetwork, I'll shed some light on the murky future in Philly for #Eagles RB DeMarco Murray...

hmm not around a TV to watch this but wonder what the deal is

e: eh a lot of maybe. Maybe Demarco gets cuts. Maybe he takes a pay cuy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gles-appear-headed-toward-staredown-on-future

I guess the notable thing is that Pederson doesn't really see him as a fit for his offense, which isn't surprising.
Dougie doesnt think a guy that lead the league in rushing 12 months ago is a fit for his offense? wtf!

Sort of yeah. I'd rather they cut him than Sproles. I'd rather trade him for like a 4th or 5th round pick to Dallas. I just would rather have a body than nothing and a $10m cap hit. Same reason Riley Cooper has been around so long.

Boy that Cooper contract sure was a great move by Howie.

Going to rent and try Rainbow Six tonight on the One. Anyone play it?

I love it, it is fantastic.

RBH

Posting this for jakncoke:

mls-atlanta-united.jpg

Atlanta United’s season-ticket prices will range from $20 per game to $225 per game and the process of going on sale will start next week for Founders’ Club members in the order they joined.

Atlanta United’s most expensive tickets can be found in the SunTrust Club section of Mercedes-Benz Stadium at midfield behind the team’s benches. The total cost for 18 home games is $4,050. The team, owned by Arthur Blank, will begin play in 2017.

The least expensive tickets will be sold in either the Supporter’s section behind a goal, or on the other end of the stadium behind the opposite goal, described as Goal on the season ticket pricing map released by team. The total cost for 18 home games in the least expensive sections is $360 per ticket.

For comparison sake, the Seattle Sounders – the top MLS team in attendance and the franchise that Atlanta United officials have consistently referenced as a model franchise – have season-ticket prices for this year ranging from $23.50 to $69 per game for 19 games, according to the team’s website. Those don’t include the Sounders’ four-seat field-side tables that cost $275 per seat per game, with additional amenities included.

The league has twice declined to provide average season-ticket prices for its teams.

Atlanta United becomes the third Atlanta team selling season tickets in new stadiums slated to open next year.

Falcons tickets in Mercedes-Benz Stadium range in price from $55 to $385 per game, plus one-time personal seat license fees ranging from $500 to $45,000 per seat.

The Braves’ season-ticket prices in SunTrust Park range from $6 to $475 per game.

For Atlanta United, the conversion process of purchasing season tickets will start with an email that will detail the availability of seats. Approximately a week later, the Founders’ Club member will receive a phone call. Every member should receive a phone call no later than July.

A member may purchase as many as eight season tickets. The team says it has received pledges for between 29,000-30,000 season tickets.

Only Founders’ Club members can purchase season tickets at this point. The cost to join is $50 and will count toward the cost of a season ticket.

Construction on Mercedes-Benz Stadium will not be complete when the MLS season starts in March, 2017. Blank said the stadium will open in July, 2017, but said he expects to play 17 regular season home games at the $1.4 billion stadium.

Between the Supporters Section and Goal Section and Mercedes-Benz and the SunTrust Club are six levels of pricing.

A season ticket in the Sidelines section will cost $630. A family of four sitting in that section would see a cost of $2,520.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-sports/atlanta-united-releases-season-ticket-prices-for-2/nqJmp/

IMG_0063.jpg

C'mon, you and I both know that was a Chip move. He loved the guy for some unknown reason.

Cooper signed his contract Chip's first year. I have no doubt Chip told Howie to get him signed, but no one on Earth has ever suggested that Chip was in charge of contracts then. The problem with Coopers contract was it made him uncutable for years after.

Hindl

Rapoport says to keep an eye on the Raiders, Seahawks and Cowboys with regards to the Murray situation.

I have to imagine any trade will come with a restructured contract. And the Eagles will be lucky to get a 5th rounder, at most.

If we could get a 5th for him I'd be ecstatic.

Dougie doesnt think a guy that lead the league in rushing 12 months ago is a fit for his offense? wtf!

We have an O Line designed for zone running, Murray is a downhill runner. It's a bad fit in our scheme. We don't have linemen that are strong enough to push down and create lanes for him to power through.

C'mon, you and I both know that was a Chip move. He loved the guy for some unknown reason.

He was a good blocker. Chip loves his WRs that can block. Same goes for Huff too

If we could get a 5th for him I'd be ecstatic.

We have an O Line designed for zone running, Murray is a downhill runner. It's a bad fit in our scheme. We don't have linemen that are strong enough to push down and create lanes for him to power through.

He was a good blocker. Chip loves his WRs that can block. Same goes for Huff too

Eagles are going to have 2 new guards for sure this year. Maybe get some bigger guys.

MechDX

I hope my Chargers, Texans, and Browns all get a new franchise qb in the draft. Although the Texans have one already name of Savage Tom who knows if Billy BOB will give him a shot.

Savage Tom gives no damns if you draft 12 QBs! He is winning the starting job!

NickCagelaugh.gif

Seahawks? Does this even make sense? We got Rawls for cheap and Michaels possibly. Interesting.

Bread

Banned
Real talk: How do Massholes explain to their children why some of the people on the Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots have darker skin than everyone else?
The Boston area is kind enough to ship inner city kids out to the suburbs for schooling so we get a little taste of diversity.

RBH

920x920.jpg

The Houston Texans are expected to play a regular-season game against the Oakland Raiders in Mexico City next season.

It is an obvious choice to have Oakland play a home game against the Texans in the international series that's being expanded beyond the United Kingdom, according to league officials familiar with negotiations.

The Raiders were hoping to move to Los Angeles but were left out, and they have yet to sign a new lease in Oakland.

Owner Bob McNair and president Jamey Rootes have told the league for a couple of years how much they would like for the Texans to be involved in the international series, preferably in Mexico City because they have a growing fan base in Mexico.

McNair has insisted he won't give up a home game at NRG Stadium but would like to play a road game in Mexico City. Oakland is a natural because of its current circumstances.

Rootes, who was part of a Houston group of business and political leaders that visited Mexico City during the season, addressed the subject of playing there after the trip.

"We've always expressed that we have an interest in participating internationally as a road team (and), we've made it clear that we were most interested in doing that in Mexico," Rootes said after the visit. "It's an amazing opportunity for teams and the league.

"Mexico City is a logical choice for a team like the Texans. We'd be a great ambassador for the league."

In 2005, the NFL played a regular season game at Estadio Azteca, where Arizona defeated San Francisco before a crowd of 103,467.

The largest crowd to watch an NFL game was in the 1994 preseason. The Oilers beat the Dallas Cowboys before 112,246.

Estadio Azteca was renovated in 2013, and capacity has been reduced to 95,500.
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...next-season-6806549.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Frankly I would gladly take a 5th because it would free up a lot of cap. It would free up cap to keep Thurmond and Carroll, which seems highly unlikely if they actually want Bradford.

BigAT

Real talk: How do Massholes explain to their children why some of the people on the Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots have darker skin than everyone else?

I remember there was a Boston caller on Opie & Anthony a few years ago that said he had to listen to Celtics games on the radio now because it pained him too much to look at the players.

Line_HTX

Doug Martin was just on Houston's 610 saying the Bucs should've won that game.

At the time the way they were playing, I'd say he was right.

Spinluck

Going to rent and try Rainbow Six tonight on the One. Anyone play it?

I have it on the Sony unfortunately.

I would've loved to get on and talk shit behind Dega and Line's back.

Last year? Because Tannehill has been the leader since they both came into the league.

If I remember correctly, Tannehill was the most sacked and Luck was the most hit overall.

He might've passed Luck last year because Luck didn't play as many games.

I have it on the Sony unfortunately.

I would've loved to get on and talk shit behind Dega and Line's back.

If I remember correctly, Tannehill was the most sacked and Luck was the most hit overall.

He might've passed Luck last year because Luck didn't play as many games.

Yeah he did pass Luck this year and Tannehill has yet to miss a start

Tannehill>>>>Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom