• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gone full Kas. You never go full Kas

Why is Mannings hand so damn big? the fuck?

0ap3000000627911_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

Angle is funny.

Maybe Alex Smith has regular sized hands, he's just small in comparison.

Spinluck

What advice could Michael Jordan possibly give Cam? Cam is an NFL QB, Jordan was a basketball player and terrible GM, and a terrible person.

Godslay

Banned
Brady can still throw the ball.

Manning can't.

Normally in the NFL a qb was done as soon as his legs went because you were a sitting duck and were going to die on the field if you kept playing. With the new rules you can be a statue out there and get protection (especially if you are Manning or Brady). Manning could still play football if his arm had any strength left in it, but he is just too fucked up to play. In a weak AFC Brady can probably get away with this shit for another 1-2 years. As long as he is not getting hit though I think he can make those dink and dunk throws for longer than that. They are not asking him to slide around the pocket and throw lasers 40 yard down the field. He throws short passes 90% of the time and occasionally will look to Gronk downfield or in the end zone.

Yeah, I think we are all well aware of Manning's limitations and in turn what effect that will have on his longevity and viability in the league.

This could very well be his last game in the NFL. His body isn't going to hold up over the course of an entire season. His passing repertoire is limited. He's mentally there, it just took him some time to realize that his body can't match what his mind is seeing.

There's nothing new to be said there, we all get it.

I know it gets said every year, but it feels like the era of the Patriots riding specifically on Brady's shoulder is going to come to a close. He had a great year sure. I think this is his last great year, he'll slow down and age will catch up to him to some degree. That's a given no matter the player.

The real reason I think that we'll see decline is that I think Bill will retool this team in the image of the early 00s. Build up the defense, reestablish a run game, have Brady be the ace in the hole if needed. You're not going to win games throwing 90% of the time. They've become too imbalanced, and it's not sustainable. You'll become Chip Kelly 2.0, if you continue this way. They need to mix up the formula. It would also segue nicely to allowing a new QB to step in and be effective if need be.

I'm just guessing though, they very well could try and prop up the Lombardi via Brady's arm again.

MechDX

Interesting rumors from Walter Football and the Senior Bowl
One area scout of a team picking in the top 10 that doesn't need a quarterback was gushing over North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz. The team has given him a first-round grade and thinks that Wentz is the real deal. They say that Wentz has a good arm, size and athleticism, and they love him off the field. They like his pocket presence, field vision, experience under center, making play calls in the huddle, and potential to grow in the NFL. The scout said that he will fill out his frame in a NFL strength and conditioning program. That area scout said the big challenge for Wentz will be the drastic change in the speed of the game coming from North Dakota State's opponents compared to the NFL. This week at the Senior Bowl could vault Wentz high in the first round.

How high? Extremely high. In speaking with sources at the Browns, Wentz is definitely in play with Cleveland. He's viewed as a first-rounder despite a small sample size of starts in college. Sources say the Browns really like Wentz. There are some who believe that Wentz is the best quarterback prospect and they say the only reason why Wentz isn't the consensus No. 1 quarterback is the helmet he wears (i.e. coming from a small school). Assuming the Browns move on from Johnny Manziel and draft a quarterback, it sounds like they are focused on Wentz or Cal quarterback Jared Goff. Both are rated ahead of Memphis' Paxton Lynch, and Wentz could be the early lean.

Start doing your research Kave and BG! Or is it.......

Sources with multiple teams have been extremely critical of Penn State head coach James Franklin and his handling of quarterback Christian Hackeneberg. Just to be clear, none of these sources are with the Houston Texans. They say that Franklin was a terrible coach for Hackenberg. These sources have known Franklin for years and feel he is responsible for a lot of the problems with Hackenberg. Franklin tore down Hackenberg and hurt his confidence. They say that Franklin is a rah-rah type of coach who showed a lot of favoritism toward the players he brought to Penn State over the players he inherited from Bill O'Brien and Joe Paterno. On top of Franklin's poor handling, Hackenberg was sacked 103 times in his 38 collegiate games with the vast majority of those sacks coming in the two seasons with Franklin. The offensive line was pathetic, but teams feel that Franklin set up Hackenberg for some failure because he tried to fit a square peg into a round hole from a scheme perspective. They feel a good coach would have adapted their scheme to Hackenberg and the other pro-style players O'Brien cultivated. They say that Franklin never embraced Hackenbarg as his guy to lead the program.

Interesting

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2016rumors.php#AOzW54vyKKWuekgs.99

Someone still has to be first and overspend the most
I hate to say it but I don't think the Dolphins will be able to defend their offseason title this time around. Repeating a championship is a rare feat so I'm choosing to be thankful for last year's win.

#stillblest

Hunter S.

DeMarcus-Ware-laughs-e1443715169465-696x237.jpg

Thanks for choosing Denver DeMarcus.

I am at work with big natural high, hard to concentrate, a feeling shared by many. It is pretty nice when sports pays off!

Still everyone is more cautious than last time.

Speaking of podcasts, know if any great NBA or general sports podcasts? I'll need something new to listen to while working out now that NFL is over

MechDX

I hate to say it but I don't think the Dolphins will be able to defend their offseason title this time around. Repeating a championship is a rare feat so I'm choosing to be thankful for last year's win.

#stillblest

Mentioned it in this thread last night: Dolphins cap is soooo damned fucked this year. Lot fo work to do

I thought the consensus was that every team is overpaying in free agency this year? Too much cap space out there and not enough talent right?

Exactly. Good time to be a FA. I would much rather the Eagles "overpay" a guy who showed he could play at a very high level, rather then roll the dice in a super weak draft and hope that maybe one day he will be good.

So Bruce Arians had something to say about yesterday.

So while I agree it's not 100% Palmer's fault, dropped passes, muffed punt, O-line collapsing and causing fumbles. Even so he was throwing high even on little 5-10 yard dunk passes. Oh well hopefully we can reinforce our O-line and provide Palmer more protection next year.

Man they were killing Bruce for not pulling Palmer on the radio this morning.

Crisco

Banned
So Bruce Arians had something to say about yesterday.

So while I agree it's not 100% Palmer's fault, dropped passes, muffed punt, O-line collapsing and causing fumbles. Even so he was throwing high even on little 5-10 yard dunk passes. Oh well hopefully we can reinforce our O-line and provide Palmer more protection next year.

Not all his fault, but he definitely didn't help matters. The three biggest plays of the game, IMO, were Peterson's muffed punt, Ginn chasing down Peterson to prevent a TAINT, and the INT Palmer threw right after that.

Exactly. Good time to be a FA. I would much rather the Eagles "overpay" a guy who showed he could play at a very high level, rather then roll the dice in a super weak draft and hope that maybe one day he will be good.

Pulling him... Man that's crazy. Palmer had an MVP-calibur season and had a bad game against the best team in the NFL.

You know what else is funny. All season myself and others said as long as Palmer stays healthy the Cards are good. Panthers deserve alot of credit, but damn the Cards fucked up.

It couldn't have made things worse, but that might fuck Palmer up even more. I have to trust Bruce on this.

Not all his fault, but he definitely didn't help matters. The three biggest plays of the game, IMO, were Peterson's muffed punt, Ginn chasing down Peterson to prevent a TAINT, and the INT Palmer threw right after that.

Yeah that muffed punt return took all the winds out their sails. The defense was tired of being on the field at that point.

Bread

Banned
pats won the super bowl less than one year ago

malcolm butler became a house hold name that day :')

*looks in the back of closet at butler jersey

Keanu Reeves and that Gabbert from Remember the Titans.

Keanu was useless under pressure, so poor that he audibled to a run he knew would get stuffed because he was scared to have the ball in his hands when the game was on the line.

I need to see more than one good half if I'm to be convinced that he deserves to shed the "Footsteps" nickname.

He did have the hottest girlfriend though.

under throws were due to being rushed to throw

overthrows is what i hate about Brady now, he can't throw deep anymore
why Josh draws plays like that boggles my minds

You have to attempt the odd deep throw, even if you know the ball will land in the stands, just to remind the defence that they should keep a safety or two over the top.

Without the occasional deep pass there is no room in which the noodle arm can operate.

Fantomex

I'm looking at the Denver game again, and they got Ware covering Edelman on the slot, and Linebackers covering White on 4 receiver sets. Philips crafted an all in plan. This could of easily been a blow out in some way with NE winning. But then he has his Safety on Gronk doing bump and run coverage.

Basically Wade had some guts with the game plan.

Hindl

Mark Eckel says the Eagls' will extend Lane Johnson sometime this week

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/what_does_zach_ertz_contract_mean_for_eagles_futur.html

I read his year end review of the season, and he and I are in agreement about Rodgers' leadership and pouting. Internet doctor in good standing he stays

Nice along with Ertz that means Vinny Curry is the last of the rumored 3 extensions. Good to lock up these young guys early. Now we just need Fletcher Cox

I said last night it can be fixed but being over the new cap of 153 million before the new league year even starts falls squarely into the fucked category.

I mean I guess...but that's just because we haven't made the obvious cuts/restructures that are coming, once you get those out of the way we are looking at least at 30 million to work with. Other than guards there are no FAs that I see worth spending big money on, we'll have to do our best in the draft.

effzee

Damn glad we locked up Ertz. Good price too, he really started to come into his own this year. Once he had that hernia surgery and healed up, he played really well down the stretch. Also become a nice blocker this season. He's also still really young, so hopefully he develops even more next year.

Unfortunately, this probably means Celek is gone. Shame, he's a great guy and has always been dependable, but Ertz has basically been groomed to take his spot.

Celek is gone more because Trey Burton showed he can be a viable 2nd TE than what Ertz was able to do.

I'll miss Celek. Always showed up.

I just want a real QB. :(

For the love of god can I have a fucking QB!?

Sam. Bradford.

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975
Ertz: Sam Bradford is excited. I know he wants to be back in Philadelphia. Jordan and I want to play w/him but it's a business. #Eagles

This means nothing. That's about the most standard non answer you get from NFL players.

Of course publicly Sam wants back. He loves the fans and the city blah blah blah

In reality he prefers money, lots of it, and possibly playing closer to home in the South. He is a Texan already its about time we all learn to accept it.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, I think we are all well aware of Manning's limitations and in turn what effect that will have on his longevity and viability in the league.

This could very well be his last game in the NFL. His body isn't going to hold up over the course of an entire season. His passing repertoire is limited. He's mentally there, it just took him some time to realize that his body can't match what his mind is seeing.

There's nothing new to be said there, we all get it.

I know it gets said every year, but it feels like the era of the Patriots riding specifically on Brady's shoulder is going to come to a close. He had a great year sure. I think this is his last great year, he'll slow down and age will catch up to him to some degree. That's a given no matter the player.

The real reason I think that we'll see decline is that I think Bill will retool this team in the image of the early 00s. Build up the defense, reestablish a run game, have Brady be the ace in the hole if needed. You're not going to win games throwing 90% of the time. They've become too imbalanced, and it's not sustainable. You'll become Chip Kelly 2.0, if you continue this way. They need to mix up the formula. It would also segue nicely to allowing a new QB to step in and be effective if need be.

I'm just guessing though, they very well could try and prop up the Lombardi via Brady's arm again.

At this point, Brady's longevity will 100% rely on a healthy offensive line. They definitely have become too reliant on him and Gronk. Their defense is too passive, and has been for 3-4 seasons.

Mark Eckel says the Eagls' will extend Lane Johnson sometime this week, gonna let Bradford walk

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/what_does_zach_ertz_contract_mean_for_eagles_futur.html

I read his year end review of the season, and he and I are in agreement about Rodgers' leadership and pouting. Internet doctor in good standing he stays

The Eagles' plan is to build a good foundation on both sides of the ball. They are going to have draft well — that hasn't been Roseman's strength — to get more impact players on the roster.

As far as quarterback, they'll wait, or try to get lucky with a young guy who will be ready about the same time the roster is. Some call this the "Seattle Way'' because it's kind of how the Seahawks built their championship team. Instead of getting the quarterback and building around him, they fortified the roster, then found a quarterback to insert.

This sounds like a fool proof plan. Thank god they dumped Chip and went with "maybe we will get lucky or something", as their plan.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is no mediocrity coming from Peyton in this game. There will either be a shitshow of epic proportions, or he's going to dig deep into his vat of baby fetusus and super saiyan it up for one last 5 TD performance.

Cam is going to ball the fuck out either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom