• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

What ever happened to him

ovHjMh6.gif

Got Nuked

Pro

There is no mediocrity coming from Peyton in this game. There will either be a shitshow of epic proportions, or he's going to dig deep into his vat of baby fetusus and super saiyan it up for one last 5 TD performance.

Cam is going to ball the fuck out either way.

I was saying Peyton is gonna win this thing or literally die trying. He knows it's his last shot to go out on top. Be on the lookout for an Elway-esque flip dive into the endzone for a TD. He ran for a first down against the Pats faster than I've ever seen him run in my life.

Sanjuro

I was saying Peyton is gonna win this thing or literally die trying. He knows it's his last shot to go out on top. Be on the lookout for an Elway-esque flip dive into the endzone for a TD. He ran for a first down against the Pats faster than I've ever seen him run in my life.

Hopefully his wife brings the large purse to San Francisco.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
At least bionic was treated fairly.

Florida State University has reached a $950,000 settlement with a former student who sued the school after alleging she was raped by Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Jameis Winston, school President James Thrasher said in a Monday statement.

Erica Kinsman has agreed to drop her Title IX lawsuit against the school, the statement said. She will receive $250,000 of the settlement, and her attorney will get $700,000.

eznark

Banned
I read his year end review of the season, and he and I are in agreement about Rodgers' leadership and pouting. Internet doctor in good standing he stays

In light of his month long crusade to get TT fired for not signing any free agents prior to the season I went and looked at his August preview article.
As the Super Bowl favorite, the Packers are rife with talent, devoid of major injury and not sweating much of anything 3½ weeks before the season opener.

You might say the starter hasn't been settled at two positions on offense, tight end and fullback, and two positions on defense, right cornerback and outside linebacker opposite Julius Peppers.

In each situation, however, the Packers have capable options. There are no voids in the 10th season together for general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

He's a fucking hack.

bionic77

Remind me how much the plaintiff won without her lawyer?

And who spent all the money and took all the risk (I am making some assumptions here)?

Granted maybe in retrospect that lunch at CFA didn't cost $10k and one could argue that 5 hookers would suffice and did not have to be flown in from Russia, but in the end you can't question the results!

effzee

This sounds like a fool proof plan. Thank god they dumped Chip and went with "maybe we will get lucky or something", as their plan.

If they don't bring back Bradford to "win now" its the only sensible philosophy.

Sign a guy like RG3 and or Chase Daniels real cheap to compete for the starting job and draft 1-2 QBs early and late and let the best man win the job.

Unless you are in the top 3 in year with a loaded QB class, the only way to land a franchise QB is FA (which never happens) , to try to find someone in later rounds, or to trade for 1 like Chip tried.

bionic77

We did it, bionic! Thank you!

Now go buy all the purses and ugly ass carpets you want!
I wouldn't let that monster get away with that!

Not against you DM!

P.S. My wife thinks the attorney fee was only a few grand. None of you better spoil this shit!!!!!

I wouldn't let that monster get away with that!

Not against you DM!

P.S. My wife thinks the attorney fee was only a few grand. None of you better spoil this shit!!!!!

Let me invest the money for you, and I'll tell her nothing.

Better get it out of your system now. You have two weeks before that reign ends.

The win is forever.

russell wilson threw an interception at the goal line to lose the super bowl

Means nothing to him.

He must not really like football.

bionic77

Let me invest the money for you, and I'll tell her nothing.
Investing is all a scam.

Just like medicine, law and everything else in this country!

That said I did make a lot of money investing in Apple. Though I sold just a tad too early.

I don't have the balls to gamble with my own money though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Let me have some and I'll give you a 10% cut of my resulting poker winnings! Guaranteed* to net you a profit!

*Timeframe to get there may be affected greatly by variance.

Fantomex

Investing is all a scam.

That said I did make a lot of money investing in Apple. Though I sold just a tad too early.

I just put them in IRA's fam. I'm not making that everything in 401k mistake again. Like Wu said, Diversify yo bonds nigga.

If you're wondering why you have 3 viewers instead of 2 it's because I'm watching today.

squicken

Why make a graphic with 6 year historic statistic and include 2 QBs thats been playing for only 4?

Context of graph is to show how bad Brady has been vs pressure. He falls off more than most QBs. But as you can see, no one is any good when pressured

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-couldnt-take-the-pressure/

Stats & Info defines a “pressure” as any instance in which a QB is sacked, hit, forced from the pocket, forced to alter his throwing motion, forced to move within the pocket or otherwise hassled by a defender in his line of sight.
It’s hardly a secret that pressure is Brady’s Kryptonite — the league’s been trying to re-create the Giants’ Super Bowl XLII game plan for years. But while every quarterback sees a dramatic decline in performance with onrushing defenders in his face, Brady is especially susceptible to their deleterious effects. Since 2009, the average QB sees a 61-point dip in Total Quarterback Rating when pressured, compared with unpressured plays. Brady’s QBR, however, dropped 75 points over that span while under pressure — the third-biggest drop-off of any qualified QB, trailing only Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

bionic77

I just put them in IRA's fam. I'm not making that everything in 401k mistake again. Like Wu said, Diversify yo bonds nigga.
I have money in IRAs and my 401k. I do put more in the 401k but if we have money left over we both put it in the IRA. Some goes into the 529 or whatever the fuck the college account is for our kids too.

But unless I am missing something neither is performing the way they should be for me to retire by 65 or pay for my kids college. The accounts have grown, but they are growing slowly. The scumbag investors always tell me that it grows the most when you get closer to retirement but the old guys I talk to say that is bullshit and it is all luck.

Basically don't pin all your hopes on this shit unless you are ok being poor or plan on dying young!

Tom Penny

Let me have some and I'll give you a 10% cut of my resulting poker winnings! Guaranteed* to net you a profit!

*Timeframe to get there may be affected greatly by variance.
I miss playing poker but coming home at 3 AM a few workdays a week was no bueno. No limit cash games are the greatest and worst all at the same time.

Fantomex

I have money in IRAs and my 401k. I do put more in the 401k but if we have money left over we both put it in the IRA. Some goes into the 529 or whatever the fuck the college account is for our kids too.

But unless I am missing something neither is performing the way they should be for me to retire by 65 or pay for my kids college. The accounts have grown, but they are growing slowly. The scumbag investors always tell me that it grows the most when you get closer to retirement but the old guys I talk to say that is bullshit and it is all luck.

Basically don't pin all your hopes on this shit unless you are ok being poor or plan on dying young!

You definitely right might friend. But don't knock option #3. Let ya man Tweetie from High School borrow a couple grand into his mobile business on 134th and Washington. He don't ax questions, you don't ax questions. And you get the wife a nice necklace in 3 months.

ON the real though, when the market crashed 8 or some odd years ago, I remember my boss being 62 and saying she lost like 110K in 2 days, just like most people. and Merryl Lynch was acting like pats DB's when they get caught holding "What I'd do? What I'd do?"

Sanjuro

Investing is all a scam.

Invest in a good pair of New Balance, you youngins.

Caja 117

Context of graph is to show how bad Brady has been vs pressure. He falls off more than most QBs. But as you can see, no one is any good when pressured

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-couldnt-take-the-pressure/

Yeah, I wouldnt doubt his number to be any different in that graph regardless of the time frame, I think is a more diservice for Arodgers compared to RWilson.

Anyways I just hate seen graph with missing data, I think the small sample size for Wilson and Kapernick helps them to be that high.

You definitely right might friend. But don't knock option #3. Let ya man Tweetie from High School borrow a couple grand into his mobile business on 134th and Washington. He don't ax questions, you don't ax questions. And you get the wife a nice necklace in 3 months.

ON the real though, when the market crashed 8 or some odd years ago, I remember my boss being 62 and saying she lost like 110K in 2 days, just like most people. and Merryl Lynch was acting like pats DB's when they get caught holding "What I'd do? What I'd do?"

Yup, fuck that, I have 401k and some investment accounts I kept but I also have money in an interest baring savings account that just grows and stays safe. I don't trust those fuckers.

XiaNaphryz

I miss playing poker but coming home at 3 AM a few workdays a week was no bueno. No limit cash games are the greatest and worst all at the same time.

Gotta stick to the times when the more loose passive fish are out. Friday and Saturday evenings/nights are best in the cardrooms here for that. You'll get mainly regulars otherwise - can be more predictable depending on the game, but often results in less profitable games due to them either being tougher or too tight.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I wouldnt doubt his number to be any different in that graph regardless of the time frame, I think is a more diservice for Arodgers compared to RWilson.

Anyways I just hate seen graph with missing data, I think the small sample size for Wilson and Kapernick helps them to be that high.
Four years is a pretty decent sample, it's a longer time period than the average NFL career.

Sanjuro

My 401k kicks in next year at new gig. Still in training. Company wide though, everyone full time received bonuses a smidgen under 3k. Not too shabby.

XiaNaphryz

My 401k kicks in next year at new gig. Still in training. Company wide though, everyone full time received bonuses a smidgen under 3k. Not too shabby.

Do you get a match?

Company match is the best part - even in a down market year the "return" just from that can be enough to make it a net positive.

As much as we (and by we I mean Panthers fans) shat on them I've been impressed with the Panthers WOs this year.

Ginn and Brown get open every play
Cotchery is as reliable as they come
Funchess is always willing to stick in there and make the tough catches.

We should sell Benji for spare parts

Can we get the thread for the winners?

We've got to slum it down here for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom