• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

CZheieHWwAE47_K.png:large
So quick question about this play.
Wait, never mind. I'm good.

Hunter S.

At least Manning didnt have the killer turnovers like Brady did. Could you imagine what the media would be saying today if Manning had thrown 2 picks like Brady did and his team lost? Every story would be saying that he needs to retire.

I think this is the best post I read all day. They kept it close. It takes blowouts for the really dirty talk to start. Peyton really did have a ton of interceptions this year though. The playoffs have been good for him so the pattern was kind of broken. So far...

Tom Penny

Gotta stick to the times when the more loose passive fish are out. Friday and Saturday evenings/nights are best in the cardrooms here for that. You'll get mainly regulars otherwise - can be more predictable depending on the game, but often results in less profitable games due to them either being tougher or too tight.
I used to be in multiple leagues. After people lost there would always be cash games. My brother is really good. I ran out of the stomach for the ups and downs and bad beats. He could brush off losing hundreds of dollar pots to people chasing knowing he played right.Me not so much but thats poker.

Tabris

Where is Tabris after Manning gets benched halfway through the 2nd quarter when the Broncos are down 30 points?

I don't exist in that alternative universe. I exist in this universe where Peyton Manning wins a Super Bowl.

You should be happy with this, as your boy Jordan is a Carolina fan.

bionic77

I don't exist in that alternative universe. I exist in this universe where Peyton Manning wins a Super Bowl.

You should be happy with this, as your boy Jordan is a Carolina fan.
Do you really want Manning to go out as Trent Dilfer 2.0?

Because that is the only way they win this game.

Tabris

Do you really want Manning to go out as Trent Dilfer 2.0?

Because that is the only way they win this game.

Him and Thomas are going to have a bonding moment this week. Thomas will stop dropping his passes. And he'll put up 250~ yards and 3 touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

BANK ON IT.

ampere

New England needs to figure out how to run the ball again. I know they are empty here but Denver did this a few times with a RB back there

Even when we did run it was a straight up the middle with poor blocking.

Not sure what happened to our god tier run blocking at the beginning of the season... oh wait it was probably just Dion making us look good.

It's been disappointing to see the offensive play calling stall big time for the most part in the second half of the season

Kinda ignores the LB in front of Gronk ready to tip/knock it down

Gronk's pretty tall, he could likely have lobbed it high enough, but yea maybe not.

bionic77

Him and Thomas are going to have a bonding moment this week. Thomas will stop dropping his passes. And he'll put up 250~ yards and 3 touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

BANK ON IT.
I don't agree on the yardage. I do agree on the TDs.

1 for Denver and 2 for Carolina.

Keep in mind I really don't care who wins. I am just picking the team that is far and away the superior team. AFC was clown shoes this year.

Fantomex

I don't agree on the yardage. I do agree on the TDs.

1 for Denver and 2 for Carolina.

Keep in mind I really don't care who wins. I am just picking the team that is far and away the superior team. AFC was clown shoes this year.

Why is everyone forgetting that the Panthers have Ted Ginn Jr though? It’s like, he’s bound to screw this up.

bionic77

Why is everyone forgetting that the Panthers have Ted Ginn Jr though? It’s like, he’s bound to screw this up.
I trust Cam and his no name receivers more than I trust a Denver team that can't throw the ball to the sidelines or down the field. Once Carolina goes up 14 and the Broncos are forced to actually try and score it is going to get fucking ugly really quickly.

This is going to be a clown shoes 1980s style NFC beatdown. But without the cool 3D graphics and beer bowl. :(

cdyhybrid

He's been fucking up all season, hasn't stopped them yet!

So was most of the NFC. I think it's closer to:

Carolina>>>>>>>>>>>NFC>AFC.

Arizona turned into fraudulent pumpkins in the end. That being said, any given sunday and all that...
Nah, Cards were always frauds. Once they started celebrating their win in Seattle like it was the Super Bowl I knew they were done.

Fantomex

I trust Cam and his no name receivers more than I trust a Denver team that can't throw the ball to the sidelines or down the field. Once Carolina goes up 14 and the Broncos are forced to actually try and score it is going to get fucking ugly really quickly.

This is going to be a clown shoes 1980s style NFC beatdown. But without the cool 3D graphics and beer bowl. :(

Peyton does look pretty awful on mid range throws.

I like going in as underdogs. As long as the defense plays well and receivers make plays the Broncos should have a chance.

All the sports big wig analysts thought New England had a free pass to the Super Bowl. Guess things aren't that easy, eh?

bionic77

I like going in as underdogs. As long as the defense plays well and receivers make plays the Broncos should have a chance.

All the sports big wig analysts thought New England had a free pass to the Super Bowl. Guess things aren't that easy, eh?
If the game is close in the 3rd quarter the Broncos got a shot because then the pressure will start to work on the Panthers.

If the Panthers get a quick lead then its going to get ugly as fuck.

Duxxy3

Even when we did run it was a straight up the middle with poor blocking.

Not sure what happened to our god tier run blocking at the beginning of the season... oh wait it was probably just Dion making us look good.

It's been disappointing to see the offensive play calling stall big time for the most part in the second half of the season

Gronk's pretty tall, he could likely have lobbed it high enough, but yea maybe not.

It's a combination of things.

Offensive line never really took shape. It was always in flux throughout the entire season. Kline, Cannon and Fleming were atrocious. It didn't help that we lost James Develin, Dion Lewis and Blount earlier in the season

Solder, Develin and Lewis will be back. Other than that, the front office needs to put together better depth on the offensive line and running back position. We never really replaced Dion Lewis or James Develin. We needed to sign a retired running back to fill out the position after Blount went down.

Two biggest needs in the offseason have to be OL depth and starting running backs. Lewis looked great, but I wouldn't count on him after that knee injury.

John Elway was directly involved in 3 of those beatdowns during the 80's, once as a GM two years ago, this year he has a chance to surpass the Buffalo Bills!

EDIT: Just realized Phil Simms, who QB'd the first Elway beat down, will be present in this Super Bowl too! Could come full circle!

KingBroly

Banned
If the game is close in the 3rd quarter the Broncos got a shot because then the pressure will start to work on the Panthers.

The Panthers have been down and won a few times this season. So...I don't really buy the whole 'they'll struggle under pressure' thing.

The Panthers just feel like they want it right now. Especially Cam.

Absolutely. Two things I'm worried about in this game: Cam Newton and the Denver offense.

Carolina defense is no joke. If they become Seattle 2.0 and just rough everyone up then it's over for the Broncos. Broncos defense needs to keep one guy on Cam to stop him from breaking free and making plays with his legs.

Godslay

Banned
I trust that the Broncos will be ready. The bulk of the team saw how it ended last time, the memory is still fresh.

They are okay with being the underdog and not getting much in the way of respect. Win or lose, just show up. That's all we can ask for.

bionic77

The Panthers have been down and won a few times this season. So...I don't really buy the whole 'they'll struggle under pressure' thing.
Pressure does strange things to people.

See Carson Palmer.

I didn't say the Panther could not win under those circumstances, but that is the only way I could see the Broncos winning unless Cam goes straight up Scam and gives it away.

What is it with former Eagles QBs and driving intoxicated? McNabb, Vince Young... even Kolb got in on that. Granted it was drunk driving a boat, but still.

Hunter S.

The two previous years it was almost completely even between the AFC and NFC. This year the AFC lost by 6 games. Broncos did go 4-0 versus the NFC again.

AFC records

East: 9-7 North: 8-8 S: 6-10 W-6-10

It seems the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers all did bad against the NFC North.

However, in the stat that matters most, the NFC leads the AFC in Super Bowl victories, with a 24-21 record.

Does the AFC’s domination of the NFC surprise you?

I have always had a hunch that the AFC usually gets the better of the NFC in head to head competition, but did not expect them to fare better in 25 of the 42 seasons played! In the other 17 seasons, the NFC won more games against AFC opponents in 9 years, and the two conferences won the same number of games against each other in the remaining 8 years. The overall interconference record between the AFC and NFC is 1160-1041-11.

Even when looking at preseason games, the AFC holds a distinct advantage, leading the series against the NFC 975-943-14.
http://www.osmguy.com/2011/12/nfl-interconference-records-afc-versus-nfc-year-by-year/

KingBroly

Banned
Pressure does strange things to people.

See Carson Palmer.

I didn't say the Panther could not win under those circumstances, but that is the only way I could see the Broncos winning unless Cam goes straight up Scam and gives it away.

Panthers have held to hold to win several games they should've won handily too. They've won all kinds of ways this year, and I feel like just how the nearly blowing it against the Seahawks made people question Carolina's ability to play a full game, this Cardinals win is throwing people off on the fact that they've gotten the job done in tough situations as well.

Also, Cam is the most mobile QB the Broncos have faced all year. The next most mobile QB they've faced is probably Alex Smith, lol.

Every day that goes by I doubt more and more that Bradford's coming back. The combination of the Eagles' cap, impending FAs, and other teams having a lot of cap money makes me think it's unlikely we bring him back.

You bring Bradford back if you think that your team is good enough that all you need is a mid-tier QB to be a contender.

That just ain't the Iggles right now, friend. Maybe if you had given Chip one more year.

bionic77

Meanwhile in a hot tub...

nash_leinart_owens_marion.jpg

Matty Lite won.
I like how Mat is sinking as low as possible so no one can see how fat and flabby he really is.

Mat please stop going into giant hot tubs filled with men who are in great shape.

And if you are going to be fat, be proud about it.

ACE 1991

Every day that goes by I doubt more and more that Bradford's coming back. The combination of the Eagles' cap, impending FAs, and other teams having a lot of cap money makes me think it's unlikely we bring him back.

You don't think they're going to tag him? I understand we have big needs all over the place, but we're not going to be competitive next year anyways, so why not give Bradford one more year to see if he is indeed the guy.

I like how Mat is sinking as low as possible so no one can see how fat and flabby he really is.

Mat please stop going into giant hot tubs filled with men who are in great shape.

Mat is living the life. You leave him alone, fat shamer!

I think Steve Nash is my new workout goal. I've already got a nice crop of chest hair coming in. Just need the pecs to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom