• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Thomas are going to have a bonding moment this week. Thomas will stop dropping his passes. And he'll put up 250~ yards and 3 touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

BANK ON IT.

The things I would do to see this outcome...

New England needs to figure out how to run the ball again. I know they are empty here but Denver did this a few times with a RB back there

The Broncos can get away with this because they have extremely fast linebackers that tackle well.

bionic77

I think Steve Nash is my new workout goal. I've already got a nice crop of chest hair coming in. Just need the pecs to support it.
Chest hair actually makes your pecs look bigger than they actually are. I am not sure how that works but that is definitely true for me.

I had a similar bod to Nash prior to the kids. :(

Now I think I might pull a Matty Lite and slink a little down a bit in the sausage pool if I was getting my pic with guys in shape.

eznark

Banned
Dan Quinn is a coward like his quarterback

D. Orlando Ledbetter @DOrlandoAJC
#Falcons HC Dan Quinn likes both SB50 defenses. Going with winner of TO margin to win the Super. #HeWouldntMakeAPick @ZachKleinWSB

squicken

Every day that goes by I doubt more and more that Bradford's coming back. The combination of the Eagles' cap, impending FAs, and other teams having a lot of cap money makes me think it's unlikely we bring him back.

I don't think he is going to give the Eagles any sort of discount, which is how I took that tweet by PK. Though PK is tight w/the Rams coaches and FO, who were salty Bradford would never take a pay cut, and has aired some of their problems with him

Hindl

You don't think they're going to tag him? I understand we have big needs all over the place, but we're not going to be competitive next year anyways, so why not give Bradford one more year to see if he is indeed the guy.

I only see a transition tag to fish for a trade. There was a rumor earlier this week that Ertz, Johnson, and Curry were all in extension talks, and Ertz just got one and Johnson is rumored next, so it follows that Curry gets one too. And I definitely want to extend Cox this year. Next year he's a FA, and he's been dominant in a scheme that has been holding him back. With Schwartz letting him run wild in a one-gap 4-3, I expect him to have a phenomenal year, and I want him locked down before that happens. Then consider that we're looking at a max of ~$34M in cap space, and using the tag on Bradford is unrealistic, since that leaves us barely anything for FA.

You bring Bradford back if you think that your team is good enough that all you need is a mid-tier QB to be a contender.

That just ain't the Iggles right now, friend. Maybe if you had given Chip one more year.

Yeah I know, that's why I wish we did. I feel like he really would've sealed up the O Line. If we did that I feel like next year Chip's scheme could've worked. But now with this new scheme we have no idea which players will thrive and which will fail. So yeah I agree, if Chip were back and Schwartz was a DC, bring back Bradford and get some O Line in there and we could compete. But with a new scheme and personnel I just don't know.

Doug was praising Bradford during his conference, but that doesn't mean much. If we let Bradford walk we'll basically be building the team around the QB like Seattle was doing before Wilson. That's honestly probably the better choice, because we'd probably be able to bring back Walter Thurmond too, while having around $20M in FA. That's probably the better option, but I'd hate to waste some of our players' prime years searching for the franchise QB

Much like the Panthers, who I have loved for a long, long time, I gave up approximately eleventy billion points in the second half to put Bread within touching distance of a comeback.

Yankee and Pep will be heartened to hear that it was a Bradford long bomb which led to the explosion of points from the Chargers, your boy needs to get paid on the evidence of that throw.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I also think the whomever wins the turover ratio will win because I also live on the edge.

Dan Quinn is a coward like his quarterback

Basically:

Twitter_Picture_400x400.jpg

Bread

Banned
Much like the Panthers, who I have loved for a long, long time, I gave up approximately eleventy billion points in the second half to put Bread within touching distance of a comeback.

Yankee and Pep will be heartened to hear that it was a Bradford long bomb which led to the explosion of points from the Chargers, your boy needs to get paid on the evidence of that throw.
Bradford threw a nice Flacco ball! BJ is still my prince though.

Booked our honeymoon this week... Is it bad that I'm looking forward to our honeymoon more than the wedding...? We're not doing anything too special because we're paying for the wedding, but going down to the Gulf coast of Florida for a week (my parents have a timeshare at Marriott in Marco Island) and then going to Orlando for a 5 days at the end.

I haven't had a week+ off of work in 4 years so I'm really looking forward to the break, especially because the goddam wedding stress will be over.

QBR trigger warning

Patriots have won for years with garbage at the Wide Receiver position.

Cam Newton is in the Super Bowl with the Ted Ginn family and Ed freaking Dickson.

Keeping your QB upright > all.

I love how you take out Lovie and throw in the name of the previous two Bucs coaches and it would be just as appropriate.

"Raheem is that you?"

"Schiano is that you?"

"Koetter is that you?"
Gruden is that you??

Let's be honest here.

bionic77

You know why you don't care? Because your garbage team didn't make it. :)

giphy.gif
I am actually glad that my team didn't make it to the AFC Championship game because I am pretty sure we find a way to lose to the Pats.

That said the only reason your garbage team beat my garbage team was because Burfect took out Brown. The Broncos were extremely lucky to the beat the Steelers even without him. With Brown on the field we would have put up too many points for Manning to match.

That said good luck in the SB! It would be nice to see the Broncos rewarded for vanquishing the villains but the Panthers have an elite defense and offense. The Broncos are one dimensional. Unless your defense starts scoring I don't think this will be a close game and your team will unfortunately get blown the fuck out in front of a billion people.

Oh well at least you have IKEA catalogs and East Asian hookers to look forward too!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It doesnt always happen though. Last years NFC championship for example..

First of all, there was no NFCCG last season. Everyone was on vacation.

Second, who can't just imagine Dilfer saying something like "the key to winning this football game is winning the turnover battle and controlling the time of possession"?

I am actually glad that my team didn't make it to the AFC Championship game because I am pretty sure we find a way to lose to the Pats.

That said the only reason your garbage team beat my garbage team was because Burfect took out Brown. The Broncos were extremely lucky to the beat the Steelers even without him. With Brown on the field we would have put up too many points for Manning to match.

That said good luck in the SB! It would be nice to see the Broncos rewarded for vanquishing the villains but the Panthers have an elite defense and offense. The Broncos are one dimensional. Unless your defense starts scoring I don't think this will be a close game and your team will unfortunately get blown the fuck out in front of a billion people.

Oh well at least you have IKEA catalogs and East Asian hookers to look forward too!

Well they do have one of the (top?) scoring defenses, so hopefully they pitch in with some points.

Man DT owes us a game.

But I feel Sanders is going to be the man that makes some big plays.

We need one Manning vintage game.

I feel like Cam Newton can just carve us up like Andrew Luck always does.

bionic77

Loser talk.
You would know about that subject than I would.

As a Steelers fan I just don't have the same experience a Manning fan does with losing in the playoffs.

Just be sure to stick around for the shit you are going to get when the Broncos are getting blown the fuck out. Otherwise I will forever call you a coward.

rando14

I'm thinking of trying that new KFC Hot chicken......

Granted I've had actual real Nashville hot chicken many many times, but... sometimes a man gets thirsty

Anyone tried it yet? Am I making a huge mistake!!

Tabris

Bionic, don't worry, you can cry alone in your boring sub-urban man cave when the Super Bowl is on with dreams of past glory so you aren't embarrassed.

Granted I've had actual real Nashville hot chicken many many times, but... sometimes a man gets thirsty

Ask yourself this, will this put you lower than BG or Kave in life? If not then indulge!

MechDX

Film Study on Hackenberg from Brett Kollman. via Battle Red Blog:

James Franklin is a terrible fit at coach for him. Blitz heavy defenses tee’d off on Penn State because they changed their starting offensive line basically every game, which led to having no continuity. Having no continuity means that he was basically running for his life on every play outside of a few games where they faced lesser front seven talent that matched PSU’s equally shitty OL talent (San Diego State, for example).
To counter blitz-heavy defenses, Jon Donovan (the OC at the time who was later fired for being a stubborn idiot) generally had a philosophy with Hackenberg where he would keep six in to protect while taking shots deep down field in one on one coverage. That worked for the most part against the likes of SDSU and Maryland, but against a good front seven like Temple he just got fucking destroyed all day because they couldn’t protect him long enough to make the DC pay for blitzing.

You see, there’s two ways you can punish defenses for blitzing. You can either try to protect and go over the top for big plays, which usually results in DC’s getting timid and switching from single high shells into two-deep shells, or you can go with the quick game and hit hots/underneath passes to just go with a death-by-thousand-papercuts game plan. Donovan heavily favored the deep ball to try to get a big play against the blitz, but he simply refused to acknowledge that he never had a good enough offensive line to execute that game plan on a weekly basis. In essence…he Mike Martz’d the Penn State offense. When it works, it WORKS (i.e. Penn State vs Maryland)…but you need the right line for it and the right opponent.

Conversely, Bill O’Brien’s philosophy for beating the blitz is more flexible. In New England and in Hack’s freshman year, he generally advocated for countering the blitz with hot routes, quick throws, and occasionally taking a deep shot or working in a pump-and-go if he got the right look for it and his QB was in rhythm. O’Brien was never arrogant enough to think that downfield throws all day would work when the offensive line couldn’t hold up, so naturally Hack had more success against the blitz in his freshman year. Philosophically, O’Brien had a better understanding of how to work with his personnel and his quarterback than Franklin and Donovan did.

Secondly, Hack is not a primarily pistol/shotgun spread quarterback. His accuracy problems were 80-85% the fault of terrible footwork, and based on my charting nearly all of that shitty footwork was in the pistol or the gun. When working under center on pro-style concepts under Franklin/Donovan, Hack’s footwork was more or less impeccable, and as a result his accuracy skyrocketed. In particular, throwing on the run on boots/half-rolls was a huge strength of his on play action. It’s almost like he grew up as an under center QB and never really did anything from the shotgun in his youth, so he never "learned" how to be a shotgun QB. It’s the exact opposite problem that spread prospects like Mariota had considering they had to "learn" pro-style footwork from under center. That was a new world for him under Franklin. It’s almost like when he wasn’t moving his feet during a pro-style 3-5-7 step drop, he completely forgot to move them at all, and that’s where the accuracy mess came from.

It took me about a month of film study to notice that pattern in him, but once I went back and looked at all my logs it made complete sense, and from then on all of his tape had a whole new context. This is a big, strong-armed QB with excellent leadership skills, toughness, football IQ, and work ethic. I don’t remember the last time one of those prospects lasted until the second round just because he had a shitty head coach who refused to accommodate his skillset."

Interesting observations.

Ask yourself this....would it be better than anything at Popeyes?? Probably not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom