• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So assuming Peyton is done, what the hell are the chances we see a QB pile up the raw numbers Manning did and reach 200 wins? A Super Bowl on two different teams is cool, but 2 rings isn't nearly as bonkers as the numbers Manning finished with. Either way, win 200 being a Super Bowl is pretty cool.

I thought Luck had a chance after the first few years but I don't think that's happening anymore.

I think Russell can put up the wins but stats probably not. Actually Luck put up the stats without the wins and Russell put up the wins without the stats.

I'm okay with this!

As much as I hate to say it, I'd take Brady over Manning as well. Manning just wilted WAY too many times in the playoffs for my liking. Don't get me wrong, he's an all time great, and probably the best regular season QB of all time

Yabo

Banned
As much as I hate to say it, I'd take Brady over Manning as well. Manning just wilted WAY too many times in the playoffs for my liking. Don't get me wrong, he's an all time great, and probably the best regular season QB of all time
I have him second all time now. Brady, Peyton, Montana.
Manning has all the stats, all the wins(for now) and 2 sb rings on two different teams...
But i take Montana over Manning if I start a franchise or need to win a game.

LOL DeAndre Jordan made free throws vs the total amount of field goals in the Super Bowl was an actual bet. I want to see the salt of the people who lost on Jordan shooting 3-14 from the line.

cdyhybrid

I have him second all time now. Brady, Peyton, Montana.
Manning has all the stats, all the wins(for now) and 2 sb rings on two different teams...
But i take Montana over Manning if I start a franchise or need to win a game.

Oh Pats fans. You never fail to entertain.

LOL DeAndre Jordan made free throws vs the total amount of field goals in the Super Bowl was an actual bet. I want to see the salt of the people who lost on Jordan shooting 3-14 from the line.
Nah that's an easy bet... Vegas lost on that. I predicted total TD's combined > DJ's FT and ended up pushing. 3 to 3

jman2050

I don't know if I'd take Montana over Manning but I would in a heartbeat take Manning over Brady. Not even a question.

Jopie

It is like 213 days until the regular season starts again. Feels bad. Really wish there was a minor league that ran during the offseason.

The retirement run comes through again.

Peyton Manning's legacy - greatest regular season QB of all time, carried to both his Super Bowl wins. Dilfer no longer the worst Super Bowl QB.

Really wish Peyton retired on the podium. Now all postseason is going to be marred with "will-he-or-wont-he" Garbage despite the fact that there's no way he's Denver's Starting QB opening day.

KingBroly

Banned
The retirement run comes through again.

Peyton Manning's legacy - greatest regular season QB of all time, carried to both his Super Bowl wins. Dilfer no longer the worst Super Bowl QB.

Really wish Peyton retired on the podium. Now all postseason is going to be marred with "will-he-or-wont-he" Garbage despite the fact that there's no way he's Denver's Starting QB opening day.

He's going to milk it. He'd rather plug Budweiser and Papa John's one last time first. Which he did.

SonnyBoy

With the way Peyton was hyping BudWeiser and hugging the Papa Johns CEO after he won... I wouldn't be shocked if he already has a gig bagged with ESPN and they asked him to leave it up in the air for their ratings.

Talamius

So, after a night to process...

The worst thing about this choke is that the game was there for the taking if the offense gets it together for even a quarter. The Panthers D put up an all time performance that no one will ever talk about. Holding the Broncos to under 200 yards was an awesome feat and every time Cam and the offense fucked up the defense was there to limit the damage. A lot of that is credit to Denver creating turnovers but damn. Of all the games to not show up for...

Again, GG Broncos GAF. You guys earned it.

Rflagg

Go Seahawks

Not sure who to hope for in the draft, but I hope we get a real NFL o-line and at least one more cb. I would also like us to improve our pass rush which seemed to disappear at times.

I will miss watching beastmode,but for his sake I am so glad he is retiring he just wasn't ever even close to the same this year. Next man up lets go Rawls.

demigod

Looks like Norman is salty and blaming the refs. Officiating wasn't that bad imo. Bad call/no call could've went both ways. The only one im glad didnt happen was ejecting Talib for face mask and spinning it. That would've been a gamechanger.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Looks like Norman is salty and blaming the refs. Officiating wasn't that bad imo. Bad call/no call could've went both ways. The only one im glad didnt happen was ejecting Talib for face mask and spinning it. That would've been a gamechanger.

That would have been egregious. Facemasks happen every game. They don't eject fools for throwing actual punches.

Hunter S.

I ain't worried about nothin!
gty_508990182_79502894.jpg

WanderingWind

Can't even be mad at Cam for taking the loss hard. I would want my QB to be pissed off after losing the Super Bowl. Winning it is the only reason for any of it, the pressers, the practices, the drafts, the combines, the moving and shaking in the offseason, the actual games...a QB that isn't pissed off doesn't give enough of a shit. He didn't throw his teamates under the bus, blamed himself as part of the reason they lost and peaced out after giving the media at least a usable quote. You can't ask for more. They're humans, not robots.

So, after a night to process...

The worst thing about this choke is that the game was there for the taking if the offense gets it together for even a quarter. The Panthers D put up an all time performance that no one will ever talk about. Holding the Broncos to under 200 yards was an awesome feat and every time Cam and the offense fucked up the defense was there to limit the damage. A lot of that is credit to Denver creating turnovers but damn. Of all the games to not show up for...

Again, GG Broncos GAF. You guys earned it.

No it wasn't.

Peyton was one step above warm body in that Super Bowl, just as he has been this whole postseason run. He couldn't have been carried by a defense more succinctly.

All the Panthers offense had to do was perform to a moderate standard and they win. That Denver D was absolutely ferocious though, and the refs swallowed their whistles which gave them an even bigger boost. Of course Cam and the Panthers compounded the loss even further by acting like little bitches in defeat.

bionic77

Maybe my eyes need to get checked but I thought the officiating was below average last night and they seemed to screw up a lot of spots.

I was relying on the yellow line in making that statement though.

I agree with you though that the calls had no influence on the outcome of the game. Miller won that game when he burst through and ripped out Cam's soul for that TD. Carolina could never make any plays consistently once they got behind.

Broncos wanted it more and won the game in addition to having the better game plan. The one thing I was wondering about with Carolina is why they didn't go no huddle or change things up more in the 2nd half. They were still fucking running the ball with like 3 minutes left and down 6. I was expecting more of a halftime adjustment from them on offense but they didn't do shit. Cam was a little shaky in the first half too when the game was still in the balance.

I was initially happy when we lost to the Broncos because I thought they had a better chance to beat the Pats and I wrongly thought that the NFC was going to curb stomp the AFC, but now I wonder if we could have beaten this fraudulent Panthers team in the SB? We clearly had the Broncos number if we had Brown playing. Burfect wins again!

Maybe my eyes need to get checked but I thought the officiating was below average last night and they seemed to screw up a lot of spots.

I was relying on the yellow line in making that statement though.

I agree with you though that the calls had no influence on the outcome of the game. Miller won that game when he burst through and ripped out Cam's soul for that TD. Carolina could never make any plays consistently once they got behind.

Broncos wanted it more and won the game in addition to having the better game plan. The one thing I was wondering about with Carolina is why they didn't go no huddle or change things up more in the 2nd half. They were still fucking running the ball with like 3 minutes left and down 6. I was expecting more of a halftime adjustment from them on offense but they didn't do shit. Cam was a little shaky in the first half too when the game was still in the balance.

I was initially happy when we lost to the Broncos because I thought they had a better chance to beat the Pats and I wrongly thought that the NFC was going to curb stomp the AFC, but now I wonder if we could have beaten this fraudulent Panthers team in the SB? We clearly had the Broncos number if we had Brown playing. Burfect wins again!

We would have lost.

Broncos Defense > Steelers defense. This is the playoffs. No way the Steelers O would have styled on the Panthers like they did to teams in the regular season.

jmdajr

Congrats on the ex Houston Texans winning the superbowl!

Joining the ranks of Don Capers, David Carr, Jacoby jones..etc.

eznark

Banned
Can't even be mad at Cam for taking the loss hard. I would want my QB to be pissed off after losing the Super Bowl. Winning it is the only reason for any of it, the pressers, the practices, the drafts, the combines, the moving and shaking in the offseason, the actual games...a QB that isn't pissed off doesn't give enough of a shit. He didn't throw his teamates under the bus, blamed himself as part of the reason they lost and peaced out after giving the media at least a usable quote. You can't ask for more. They're humans, not robots.

No one has said Cam should be happy. But when you constantly pimp for the camera if things are good, you should be big enough to face the music when you get destroyed.

Answering a question about your cowardice on the field by running away from the question is toddler tier garbage.

Beach

Why did the Panthers win the toss and decide to kick it when they were facing a team that is not built for comeback?

If the Panthers won and Luke Kuechly got the deserved Superbowl MVP award over Cam how much hate would have we had received?

bionic77

We would have lost.

Broncos Defense > Steelers defense. This is the playoffs. No way the Steelers O would have styled on the Panthers like they did to teams in the regular season.
Yeah I was thinking that. We probably would have lost to the Pats and the Panthers. Yet we may have been the one team that could beat the Broncos if we were healthy.

That dirty son of bitch Burfect might have swung the playoffs. Then again if he was not a dirty moron we probably lose that game anyways...

WanderingWind

No one has said Cam should be happy. But when you constantly pimp for the camera if things are good, you should be big enough to face the music when you get destroyed.

Answering a question about your cowardice on the field by running away from the question is toddler tier garbage.

That's kind of dumb. When you score a touchdown, you celebrate. When you get intercepted, you do not celebrate. It's no different anywhere else. And he did do the press conference and did more than beloved Marshawn Lynch did at nearly any of his. And what cowardice on the field? Are we trying to rewrite him as a player who is afraid to get hit? He misdiagnosed the bounce of a ball on a fumble. "Must be cowardice," says internet warriors.

Pls.

Yeah I was thinking that. We probably would have lost to the Pats and the Panthers. Yet we may have been the one team that could beat the Broncos if we were healthy.

That dirty son of bitch Burfect might have swung the playoffs. Then again if he was not a dirty moron we probably lose that game anyways...

Yeah, we have Bell, Brown and a healthy Ben and I still think we have a puncher's chance. Who knows. Foxboro would have been a dogfight though, what with the Pats scrambling communications and everything.

I would like it if next year the Patriots win again.

That would be cool, right guys?

Also, to help us achieve that the GOAT Oline coach is rumored to join the Patriots coaching staff again next year. #ComeOnHomeScar

eznark

Banned
That's kind of dumb. When you score a touchdown, you celebrate. When you get intercepted, you do not celebrate. It's no different anywhere else. And he did do the press conference and did more than beloved Marshawn Lynch did at nearly any of his. And what cowardice on the field? Are we trying to rewrite him as a player who is afraid to get hit? He misdiagnosed the bounce of a ball on a fumble. "Must be cowardice," says internet warriors.

Pls.

Misdiagnosed the bounce of the ball? That's the spin for not diving on a fumble?!

Amazing.

I'm not saying he should celebrate, or really that he should have stuck around for the press conference. I'm just saying that it shows a lot about who he is that he was incapable of handling that situation.

It's ok to be a childish sore loser. It's also ok to call him out for it.

Yeah, we have Bell, Brown and a healthy Ben and I still think we have a puncher's chance. Who knows. Foxboro would have been a dogfight though, what with the Pats scrambling communications and everything.

Hey

Eat shit

Misdiagnosed the bounce of the ball? That's the spin for not diving on a fumble?!

Amazing.

I'm not saying he should celebrate, or really that he should have stuck around for the press conference. I'm just saying that it shows a lot about who he is that he was incapable of handling that situation.

You're one of this angry soccer moms who wrote a Letter to complain about Cam aren't you

WanderingWind

Amazing.

It's way more amazing that people who claim to watch the game suddenly think he was scared to jump on a ball. Even though he he spent the entire year trucking defenders, leaping over the goal line, etc. This isn't Randy Moss dropping to the ground with a defender 5 yards away.

eznark

Banned
You're one of this angry soccer moms who wrote a Letter to complain about Cam aren't you

Nope. I liked all the antics except for first down celebrations, which I despise probably because HoFinley was one of the progenitors, and I have routinely said so. I had a bigger issue with Ron Rivera's wrestling bullshit than Cam Newton's having fun out there.

Tom Penny

It's way more amazing that people who claim to watch the game suddenly think he was scared to jump on a ball. Even though he he spent the entire year trucking defenders, leaping over the goal line, etc. This isn't Randy Moss dropping to the ground with a defender 5 yards away.

Doesn't matter what you call it. He stared at a football in the biggest game in his life and ran away from it like a grenade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom