• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

It will be fun watching Brady attempt to match Peyton's storybook ending as his skills continue to deteriorate. It will be even more fun watching him fail.

Where the fuck did you dissapear to, FE Special Edition orders opened up at Walmart and you were nowhere to be found.

MechDX

Think I need to stay off twitter and not turn on sports radio. The "See we should have kept Gary and Wade!" nonsense is already going full steam ahead.

Tom Penny

It will be fun watching Brady attempt to match Peyton's storybook ending as his skills continue to deteriorate. It will be even more fun watching him fail.
I doubt Brady has the worst season in history and wins a SB. You think Belichick would let him play with a 1-2 td ratio for season. Doubtful

squicken

Von Miller SB MVP!

CasvZhyWwAA17da.jpg

Think I need to stay off twitter and not turn on sports radio. The "See we should have kept Gary and Wade!" nonsense is already going full steam ahead.

Gary lucked into a team that perfectly matched his cowardice. He needed to punt and play for field position and kick field goals and rely on his defense. Wade is a great coach who totally worked over his opponents the past two weeks. Better players, sure. But he kept finding ways to get his guys in 1v1 pass rush situations. Meanwhile Watt is getting blocked by 3 guys some games

Texans biggest mistake remains keeping Rick

Line_HTX

Now all that needs to happen is to draft a fucking quarterback. They can say all they want about group decision, blah blah blah, but hope it's mostly O'Brien that will make that part.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...rg-iii-to-the-rams-and-bengals-win-super-bowl

Dan Graziano has a mostly humorous look at what will happen in 2016. This one was new to me

9. Six teams change head coaches after the season. This isn’t the boldest prediction, because this basically happens every year. But just wait until we tell you which teams. It’s Buffalo, Tennessee, Detroit, New Orleans and two shockers -- Green Bay, where rumblings about the Mike McCarthy/Aaron Rodgers relationship will have been in the news all year, and Seattle, where Pete Carroll surprisingly announces his retirement to pursue a late-life career as a motivational speaker.

Is there reason to think those two will have problems? Not like Graz to just throw stuff at the wall on something like that

e; oh my

"We don't have to say nothing. We let them do all the talking. We let our pads talk. We talk with our helmets and our shoulder pads. They could do all the media talking, you know what I'm talking about? We're not about that flashy stuff. We're about that grind, putting in that work. Grind it. Work. That's how you get the 'ship," safety T.J. Ward said, via USA Today's Lindsay Jones. "They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-we-want-to-be-champions?campaign=Twitter_atn

harSon

Banned
We would have lost.

Broncos Defense > Steelers defense. This is the playoffs. No way the Steelers O would have styled on the Panthers like they did to teams in the regular season.

We made the Broncos defense look mortal with a 3rd/4th string running back, the best WR in football missing the game and a bum shouldered Ben. It would have been a different kind of game, but we would have definitely stood a chance assuming those pieces were back for the game.

Crisco

Banned
Did we get any posts from Grover and Bowser? I wonder how they're taking the loss. That game had to be infuriating to watch as a Panthers fan.

I posted a bit last night in the Super Bowl thread, yeah it was definitely hard to watch. We had our chances, some huge drops and missed passes early hurt us, I thought it could been a different game had those plays gone the other way. Obviously the sack/fumble touchdown was the biggest play of the game, and our inability to get the ground game going. We knew our tackles would have trouble handling Miller and Ware, but the idea was that the run game would be more effective and slow down their pass rush. They managed to shut down our running game while blanketing Olsen which really no team has been able to do, so kudos.

As for Cam, I thought he played well given the circumstances, especially after bodies started dropping in the second half. His biggest regret should be missing Brown and Ginn on easy wide open throws in the first quarter, both of which would have been huge plays. It just became really tough sledding after that for a variety of reasons, most of which had little to do with him.

I've said all along that the Cam maturing story has been overblown, the main thing that changed was the team around him improved and stopped losing. Through our 8 game losing streak last year, he did everything he was supposed to as a leader, including taking personal responsibility for each loss. This is the Super Bowl though and the last game of the season, there won't be another one for over 7 months, so he let more of his true emotions show. I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with people criticizing him for it because that comes with the territory. I'm sure he knows that too but it's not like he's ever given a flip about what other people say about him.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...rg-iii-to-the-rams-and-bengals-win-super-bowl

Dan Graziano has a mostly humorous look at what will happen in 2016. This one was new to me

Is there reason to think those two will have problems? Not like Graz to just throw stuff at the wall on something like that

e; oh my

1. The Cowboys, Colts and Ravens all bounce back. Drafting a quarterback at No. 4 overall creates controversy in Dallas, but Tony Romo stays healthy all year, Kirk Cousins turns back into a pumpkin and the Cowboys win a still-pitiful NFC East. Andrew Luck returns from injury to resume his stellar career trajectory after the team drafts him yet another first-round wide receiver. And Baltimore drafts a rookie of the year with the No. 6 pick. Don’t even know who that’ll be or what position he’ll play, but Ozzie Newsome with the No. 6 pick feels like cash money in the bank.

I will laugh so hard if the Colts draft another WR in the first and pray for Lucks health at the same time.

squicken

Pats finished the year 3-5 and a lot of Brady's flaws started becoming really apparent. This coming season will be the first where I am not just penciling them in for 10 wins. Jets have a good coach and good front office now. Just need that QB stability

Duxxy3

Patriots sign Mario Williams to a cheap contract and trade chandler jones for a shitload of picks. I like it!

I posted a bit last night in the Super Bowl thread, yeah it was definitely hard to watch. We had our chances, some huge drops and missed passes early hurt us, I thought it could been a different game had those plays gone the other way. Obviously the sack/fumble touchdown was the biggest play of the game, and our inability to get the ground game going. We knew our tackles would have trouble handling Miller and Ware, but the idea was that the run game would be more effective and slow down their pass rush. They managed to shut down our running game while blanketing Olsen which really no team has been able to do, so kudos.

As for Cam, I thought he played well given the circumstances, especially after bodies started dropping in the second half. His biggest regret should be missing Brown and Ginn on easy wide open throws in the first quarter, both of which would have been huge plays. It just became really tough sledding after that for a variety of reasons, most of which had little to do with him.

I've said all along that the Cam maturing story has been overblown, the main thing that changed was the team around him improved and stopped losing. Through our 8 game losing streak last year, he did everything he was supposed to as a leader, including taking personal responsibility for each loss. This is the Super Bowl though and the last game of the season, there won't be another one for over 7 months, so he let more of his true emotions show. I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with people criticizing him for it because that comes with the territory. I'm sure he knows that too but it's not like he's ever given a flip about what other people say about him.
Yeah I did see the posts you made last night. Sorry about the loss man, I'm sure it was brutal to watch.

I think your take is pretty spot on but how do you feel about Cam not going for the fumble?

Crisco

Banned
One positive takeaway from this game was Kony Ealy. I mean, wow.

The second-year pro became the first player in Super Bowl history to have an interception and multiple sacks. He’s also the first since 1993 to record multiple sacks, an interception and a forced fumble in a postseason game.

Had we managed to win the game, he'd have probably won MVP. If this wasn't just a flash in the pan performance and he starts consistently performing like a top flight DE, that could be huge for next year.

MechDX

image.php

I just want to say that is one SEXY avatar you have there
I actually feel bad for making you wear it believe it or not.

Draxal

One positive takeaway from this game was Kony Ealy. I mean, wow.

Had we managed to win the game, he'd have probably won MVP. If this wasn't just a flash in the pan performance and he starts consistently performing like a top flight DE, that could be huge for next year.

Wouldn't have been probably, it would have been a slam dunk mvp vote.

Pats finished the year 3-5 and a lot of Brady's flaws started becoming really apparent. This coming season will be the first where I am not just penciling them in for 10 wins. Jets have a good coach and good front office now. Just need that QB stability

It depends on how they rebuild the offense line. They were hammered by injuries late.

Tom Penny

Every year is the year the Pats will fall off and the Jets bills and Phins will take over.

Syrinx

One thing that stuck out to me was how little Cam ran. Other than a few scramble runs he was pretty much squarely in the pocket and Stewart and Tolbert were pretty much Carolina's entire run attack. Woulda thought they'd have some designed runs for Cam but I guess the speed of the Denver D had them apprehensive. Or my memory is wrong.

The injury that hurt the most was Dion Lewis. After he went down they couldn't run the ball at all. He hurt them more than losing Edelman did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom