• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Broncos wanted it more and won the game in addition to having the better game plan. The one thing I was wondering about with Carolina is why they didn't go no huddle or change things up more in the 2nd half. They were still fucking running the ball with like 3 minutes left and down 6. I was expecting more of a halftime adjustment from them on offense but they didn't do shit. Cam was a little shaky in the first half too when the game was still in the balance.

Actually they were down by 14 points around the 3minute mark unless you're talking about 2nd quarter. What I don't understand is why they punted the ball, used up all their timeouts, then when they got the ball back they didnt even attempt to throw hailmarys. I guess Cam was too beat up to scramble by that time.

bionic77

Yeah, we have Bell, Brown and a healthy Ben and I still think we have a puncher's chance. Who knows. Foxboro would have been a dogfight though, what with the Pats scrambling communications and everything.
I really hope Brown gets a ring before he hangs it up.

I love that guy. It would be sad if one of the best Steelers ever (and that is say if something) retires without a ring.

I don't like that we are preseason favorites though...

Hunter S.

50-manning-superbo_3569992b.jpg

d09tsIz.gif

The super bowl MVP couldn't have been a bigger cunt. Dude is such a disgraceful fucking toddler who's grabbing his dick every chance he gets.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Doesn't matter what you call it. He stared at a football in the biggest game in his life and ran away from it like a grenade...

Have you ever actually seen a fumble? They take odd bounces. Here are the two choices. You think Cam was scared to get hit. Even though he's proven to not give a shit about that and continues to take hits the rest of the game without panicking. Or two, he misjudged where he thought the ball was going to go like every single player in a scrum that doesn't end up with the ball.

Now, we want to talk about the little hissy fit he threw on the sidelines during the game, tossing hisself on the ground? That shit was childish. I still understand the reaction though. Some dudes (Norman) cry, some do nothing, some get angry. I don't think being pissed off after losing is this terrible fucking thing. It's what you do with it. He didn't blame the coaches, tell the fans to suck it, didn't shit on his team and took responsibility for the loss. I don't know what else people expect, tbh. Do you really want the same canned set of responses? It's entertainment.

bionic77

Actually they were down by 14 points around the 3minute mark unless you're talking about 2nd quarter. What I don't understand is why they punted the ball, used up all their timeouts, then when they got the ball back they didnt even attempt to throw hailmarys. I guess Cam was too beat up to scramble by that time.
I am confusing the times then.

I meant before the fumble and Denver TD to ice it.

Carolina was still running the fucking ball on first down with like 4 or 5 minutes left and needing a TD. They just never seemed to adapt. Granted it is hard to come up with a gameplay when you can't run, throw, blow or catch, but I would have tried something!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why did the Panthers win the toss and decide to kick it when they were facing a team that is not built for comeback?

If the Panthers won and Luke Kuechly got the deserved Superbowl MVP award over Cam how much hate would have we had received?

Kuechly wasn't even the best player on his defense last night. Ealy was a man possessed out there

Knew the game was over when the running back fumbled in like the 3rd quarter I think and Cam fell to the ground like he'd been shot.

Really disappointed in Cam. Not because they lost, that Broncos D was beastly. He really came off like an immature punk last night, before the game even ended. He's matured some since he came into the NFL but he has a lot more work to do if he hopes to ever win a Super Bowl.

I really hope Brown gets a ring before he hangs it up.

I love that guy. It would be sad if one of the best Steelers ever (and that is say if something) retires without a ring.

I don't like that we are preseason favorites though...

Yeah, not a fan of that either, but the last few seasons preseason favorites have won it all, so...

We need work on that D. the corner situation has been talked about to death, but I think what is immediately more important is D line depth. Cam Heyward was clearly gassed in the postseason after logging virtually all the snaps in the regular season. As we saw last night you aren't winning without a pass rush in the playoffs.

bionic77

Knew the game was over when the running back fumbled in like the 3rd quarter I think and Cam fell to the ground like he'd been shot.

Really disappointed in Cam. Not because they lost, that Broncos D was beastly. He really came off like an immature punk last night, before the game even ended. He's matured some since he came into the NFL but he has a lot more work to do if he hopes to ever win a Super Bowl.

Yeah, not a fan of that either, but the last few seasons preseason favorites have won it all, so...

We need work on that D. the corner situation has been talked about to death, but I think what is immediately more important is D line depth. Cam Heyward was clearly gassed in the postseason after logging virtually all the snaps in the regular season. As we saw last night you aren't winning without a pass rush in the playoffs.
I could see the D taking a step next year or regressing. I wonder if we can sustain the pressure and the turnovers we got this year. Against good offenses we did not seem to be able to stop them unless we got a sack or TO. We still need some help getting pressure on the qb and depth in the secondary like you addressed. And those are the hardest things to get in the NFL outside of the qb.

There was a point in the 4th quarter I thought that the Panthers looked like they had thrown in the towel. At least on offense. Is Cam unable to run the hurry up? Why didn't the Panthers change shit up more. Not that I think it would have helped. They were fucking destroying the Panthers line the whole game. And when they weren't getting immediate pressure they were covering everyone downfield. Still I like to see a team try something else when what you normally do is not working.

I could see the D taking a step next year or regressing. I wonder if we can sustain the pressure and the turnovers we got this year. Against good offenses we did not seem to be able to stop them unless we got a sack or TO. We still need some help getting pressure on the qb and depth in the secondary like you addressed. And those are the hardest things to get in the NFL outside of the qb.

There was a point in the 4th quarter I thought that the Panthers looked like they had thrown in the towel. At least on offense. Is Cam unable to run the hurry up? Why didn't the Panthers change shit up more. Not that I think it would have helped. They were fucking destroying the Panthers line the whole game. And when they weren't getting immediate pressure they were covering everyone downfield. Still I like to see a team try something else when what you normally do is not working.

For what it's worth I think that D is going to be monstrous next season. The young guys needed a season to play together, in their new defense now they've done that. There is a load of talent on that back end, and Shazier and Dupree are going to be stars.

People are talking corner in the draft but i'd like to see the Steelers get a corner that can contribute next year. Look at the free agent ranks, try to find a young guy with length and potential. and draft a D lineman or another OLB.

brentech

I just watched Aaron Rodgers play of the year acceptance speech and it's wonderful...he manages to shit on Devonte Adams in new and interesting ways.
Thanking a list of teammates that did certain things, he gets to, "...and Devonte, for misjudging the ball and taking everyone back to about 6 yards deep in the endzone"

I just watched Aaron Rodgers play of the year acceptance speech and it's wonderful...he manages to shit on Devonte Adams in new and interesting ways.
Thanking a list of teammates that did certain things, he gets to, "...and Devonte, for misjudging the ball and taking everyone back to about 6 yards deep in the endzone"

What a leader.

No one has said Cam should be happy. But when you constantly pimp for the camera if things are good, you should be big enough to face the music when you get destroyed.

Answering a question about your cowardice on the field by running away from the question is toddler tier garbage.

Krang is not impressed
VlTOoAZ.png

bionic77

For what it's worth I think that D is going to be monstrous next season. The young guys needed a season to play together, in their new defense now they've done that. There is a load of talent on that back end, and Shazier and Dupree are going to be stars.

People are talking corner in the draft but i'd like to see the Steelers get a corner that can contribute next year. Look at the free agent ranks, try to find a young guy with length and potential. and draft a D lineman or another OLB.
I want to believe but I don't want to be hurt again.

On offense we need to lock down in the red zone next year. No more games with 550 yards and only 25 points.

It will be fun watching Brady attempt to match Peyton's storybook ending as his skills continue to deteriorate. It will be even more fun watching him fail.

Fox318

Miller bout to get pinned and arrested after elway plants weed in his checking bag.

Elway's gonna get his discount rate

squicken

The retirement run comes through again.

Peyton Manning's legacy - greatest regular season QB of all time, carried to both his Super Bowl wins. Dilfer no longer the worst Super Bowl QB.

Really wish Peyton retired on the podium. Now all postseason is going to be marred with "will-he-or-wont-he" Garbage despite the fact that there's no way he's Denver's Starting QB opening day.

Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all time to win a SB (career)
Peyton Manning is the worst QB of all time to win a SB (season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom