• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah I did see the posts you made last night. Sorry about the loss man, I'm sure it was brutal to watch.

I think your take is pretty spot on but how do you feel about Cam not going for the fumble?

You know, when I saw it live I thought he just misjudged the bounce and reacted slower than he should have. Slow motion and stills look awful, but I'm not about to start questioning the toughness of a dude who had over 150 rushing attempts this year because of one play. Regardless of his reasons it doesn't really matter long term, just something else for the media to talk about it.

image.php

I just want to say that is one SEXY avatar you have there
I actually feel bad for making you wear it believe it or not.

I literally threw up in my throat a little when I originally saw it, but a good nights sleep cures most ills :) Plus Russ is from my alma mater, I even saw him live a couple times at NC State, can't feel too bad.

Now all that needs to happen is to draft a fucking quarterback. They can say all they want about group decision, blah blah blah, but hope it's mostly O'Brien that will make that part.

Really? Given what he's done to get you a QB so far (Mallett? Hoyer? Weeden?), you want BOB making this choice without help?

KingBroly

Banned
You know, when I saw it live I thought he just misjudged the bounce and reacted slower than he should have. Slow motion and stills look awful, but I'm not about to start questioning the toughness of a dude who had over 150 rushing attempts this year because of one play. Regardless of his reasons it doesn't really matter long term, just something else for the media to talk about it.

Some say if you look at the gif his right knee begins to buckle and he holds up.

Mario Williams in New England I could see happening but it won't.

Look for Arian Foster to NE when the Texans release him. Makes a lot of sense.

This are Pats fan pipe dreams. Patriots very rarely bring anybody who can command salary, especially running backs. Patriots would want Foster to have a 1-year prove it deal for New England, where as some other team would give him a 3-year decent salary somewhere.

Similar with Matt Forte. Guy would be a perfect fit in New England's offense, but NE wouldn't pay him a serious RB contract and some other team will. Plus, Dion Lewis should be back and healthy to start next season and so if NE brings any runners in, I think it's guys who cant command real salary.

Forte did say recently that he doesn't care about money, he wants to win Super Bowls... But I think he could go to some other playoff contender who will pay him more. Maybe the Eagles add him because why the hell not add another high priced RB.

The injury that hurt the most was Dion Lewis. After he went down they couldn't run the ball at all. He hurt them more than losing Edelman did.

Which divisions do they play in 2016? They had the AFC South and the NFC East in 2015, easily the two worst divisions in football. The fact that they couldn't secure home field despite having a piece-of-cake schedule is what doomed them.

MechDX

Really? Given what he's done to get you a QB so far (Mallett? Hoyer? Weeden?), you want BOB making this choice without help?

Cant defend Mallett or Hoyer decisions but Weeden was picked up via waivers due to injury. As a fan you have no choice but to hope they pick the best QB option available and run with it.

The bigger question whose idea exactly was it to IR Savage for the year? he was healthy 3-4 weeks into the season. Would have been a great chance to see what he has.

This are Pats fan pipe dreams. Patriots very rarely bring anybody who can command salary, especially running backs. Patriots would want Foster to have a 1-year prove it deal for New England, where as some other team would give him a 3-year decent salary somewhere.

Similar with Matt Forte. Guy would be a perfect fit in New England's offense, but NE wouldn't pay him a serious RB contract and some other team will. Plus, Dion Lewis should be back and healthy to start next season and so if NE brings any runners in, I think it's guys who cant command real salary.

No one is giving Foster top salary for a RB nor a long term deal coming off major injuries the last few years. Arian is a different individual and is not driven by money at this point

Foster is perfect for NE. Versatile player who can line up anywhere and run or catch and is an underrated back to pick up blitzers and protect the QB while already knowing the base of NE's offensive scheme. Makes too much sense they wouldnt pursue him as a 3rd down back.

squicken

The play where Miller was in coverage on Cotchery and knocked the ball from his hands was so awesome. He never panicked and just played the WRs hands. It was textbook coverage from a guy who so rarely drops into coverage

Line_HTX

What kind of setup is that if you can hear the other guy from his podium?

Cam rightfully walked out to avoid any chance of escalation.

Hindl

Pats finished the year 3-5 and a lot of Brady's flaws started becoming really apparent. This coming season will be the first where I am not just penciling them in for 10 wins. Jets have a good coach and good front office now. Just need that QB stability

Yeah especially because they have the NFC West and AFC North this year. Probably the two best divisions in football there. Also as a side note, it was weird looking up the pats schedule and seeing LA listed as an away game again

NFC west and Afc north

Definitely a tougher schedule then. Seattle, AZ, the LA Rams and even Chip's Niners (don't forget what Chip did to you in NE with Sam Fucking Bradford at QB)... The Steelers always struggle with Brady... Burfict will be out to kill Gronk, Edelman and Brady, and no one should be sleeping on the Ravens next year. The Browns are the only easy win out of this group.

Really, the best case for everyone is if Brady wraps up his final three seasons by going 8-8, 5-11 and 3-13, starting with 2016.

bionic77

We made the Broncos defense look mortal with a 3rd/4th string running back, the best WR in football missing the game and a bum shouldered Ben. It would have been a different kind of game, but we would have definitely stood a chance assuming those pieces were back for the game.
We were Denvers kryptonite but that doesn't mean that we matched up well against the other teams.

Fire Emblem system reserved!

eznark

Banned
Cas1ebMW4AAU07_.jpg:large

Chris Harris' interview is either going on near that podium or is being shown on a TV somewhere. That's a stupid setup and I definitely understand Cam walking out in that situation. Doesn't excuse the fumble or sideline stuff, but he definitely has a right to walk away there

It's too bad they don't make band aids for feelings.

gutshot

LeSean McCoy beat up some off-duty cops this weekend.

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy and former NFL running back Curtis Brinkley were involved in an altercation with three off-duty Philadelphia police officers at an Old City nightclub this weekend, according to a police report obtained by CSNPhilly.com. The incident occurred at Recess late Saturday evening/early Sunday morning, according to a law enforcement official.

According to the police report, there was “a dispute over the purchase of champagne” between the men when “[Brinkley] grabbed the bottle.” That touched off an altercation, according to the report. A law enforcement official told CSNPhilly.com that two of the officers suffered broken ribs.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...mccoy-curtis-brinkley-altercation-duty-police

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What kind of setup is that if you can hear the other guy from his podium?

Cam rightfully walked out to avoid any chance of escalation.

Totally disagree.

Unfortunately his job as team leader is to sit there and at least give one word answers to the questions being asked. Ez pointed out that Scott fucking Norwood answered questions about a missed field goal for 50 minutes after the Super Bowl.

Here's the overall perspective: there aren't really any team meetings left until OTAs. This is the last time most of the Panther players are going to hear their quarterback speak to the media. As a player, would you be excited about coming back to this team when your quarterback is behaving that way after shitting the bed in the Super Bowl? If you're a free agent, do you feel like you're trending upwards and next year is your year? Can you imagine Cam bouncing back from this loss emotionally and winning it all next year after behaving like that?

Players aren't robots. There's no guarantee that Cam isn't emotionally wrecked from this any different from how Kaepernick, RG3, Romo some years, etc. etc. got mentally destroyed.

A graceful half assed interview where he at least sits there and takes it would remove any unnecessary doubt from a player's mind heading into next season. There's already plenty of second guessing going on as it is.

MechDX

One more thing from this link:

5. Peyton Manning becomes the face of the new Tennessee Titans ownership group. Desperate for some stability and direction for the franchise in Nashville, the NFL convinces the former University of Tennessee star to be the Titans’ Magic Johnson, buying into and fronting the group that will purchase and run the team. In related news, Duke’s David Cutcliffe is hired as the next coach of the Titans, whose efforts to trade Marcus Mariota to the Giants for Eli Manning prove unsuccessful.

Its destiny at this point. The last part of that is a reach and if it did happen the Giants would be foolish to not make that trade

TheFatOne

Better question for the Puts: When does Brady get Bledsoed for Garrapollo?
Million dollar question. When his decision making takes a nose dive would be my answer. Also, JAG hasn't looked all that great from the little I have seen written about him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Squicken, national writers have been claiming there is a huge secret Rodgers v McCarthy feud for like 5 years.

National writers must be bored for some reason despite all this Super Bowl news.

Rodgers has full control of the offense at the line and is probably involved in every meeting for offensive scheming. I'd be more likely to believe he has a secret feud with TT.

Crisco

Banned
Totally disagree.

Unfortunately his job as team leader is to sit there and at least give one word answers to the questions being asked. Ez pointed out that Scott fucking Norwood answered questions about a missed field goal for 50 minutes after the Super Bowl.

Here's the overall perspective: there aren't really any team meetings left until OTAs. This is the last time most of the Panther players are going to hear their quarterback speak to the media. As a player, would you be excited about coming back to this team when your quarterback is behaving that way after shitting the bed in the Super Bowl? If you're a free agent, do you feel like you're trending upwards and next year is your year? Can you imagine Cam bouncing back from this loss emotionally and winning it all next year after behaving like that?

Players aren't robots. There's no guarantee that Cam isn't emotionally wrecked from this any different from how Kaepernick, RG3, Romo some years, etc. etc. got mentally destroyed.

A graceful half assed interview where he at least sits there and takes it would remove any unnecessary doubt from a player's mind heading into next season. There's already plenty of second guessing going on as it is.

Wow, talk about an overreaction. Cam isn't going to lose his confidence because of one bad loss that wasn't really his fault at all. He's played a lot worse than this and bounced back from it. As for his teammates, every single one I heard stood up for him saying some variation of "we didn't block/catch/get open for him". They don't give two shits about what he says to the media at this point, they all feel like they let him down. If this team suffers a Super Bowl hangover, it won't be because of Cam.

"There wasn't nothing special that they did," a terse Newton said afterward. "We dropped balls. We turned the ball over, gave up sacks, threw errant passes. That's it."

What more needs to be said?

squicken

Squicken, national writers have been claiming there is a huge secret Rodgers v McCarthy feud for like 5 years.

Really? I remember that thing where Rodgers stopped him from illegally challenging a play and they seemed to kind of laugh it off a bit. Looked like they were on good terms to me

I mean it definitely is a story. Rodgers is a first ballot HoF QB and McCarthey is a SB winning coach. Same with the Payton and Brees drama. I've just never seen any on-field manifestation of any rift

eznark

Banned
Really? I remember that thing where Rodgers stopped him from illegally challenging a play and they seemed to kind of laugh it off a bit. Looked like they were on good terms to me

I mean it definitely is a story. Rodgers is a first ballot HoF QB and McCarthey is a SB winning coach. Same with the Payton and Brees drama. I've just never seen any on-field manifestation of any rift

That's because it doesn't exist. 5 years ago remember when Florio tried to make a huge deal of Rodgers going on NFLN and saying something some people construed as Rodgers criticizing the playcalling? It's garbage. They even like to bring up that Mccarthy didn't draft Rodgers, as though that is in any way relevant.

Packers fans click on links. So shitty writers feed it for attention. They make up a story and then claim "where there is smoke there is fire!!!!"

It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom