• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
jyas3cdubcghyxqvxo8b.gif

This play says it all

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow, talk about an overreaction. Cam isn't going to lose his confidence because of one bad loss that wasn't really his fault at all. He's played a lot worse than this and bounced back from it. As for his teammates, every single one I heard stood up for him saying some variation of "we didn't block/catch/get open for him". They don't give two shits about what he says to the media at this point, they all feel like they let him down. If this team suffers a Super Bowl hangover, it won't be because of Cam.

People don't handle losing the Super Bowl well, that's a fact. I'd say it's every bit as mentally damaging as suffering a major injury. Hell, I don't think most of the Packers handle getting bounced out of the playoffs season after season very well. I even felt like Aaron Rodgers's confidence was completely shook this season and he's been nothing short of magical at the position for years. Will Carson Palmer be the same guy next season after getting skullfucked in the playoffs? Nothing is guaranteed or automatic in the NFL.

Also players are supposed to say that kind of stuff in defense of their QB because it's a bad look to throw your MVP under the bus. These guys are taught to accept blame for their own play. To his credit, Cam was even doing a pretty good job of this before he walked out of the press conference.

Godslay

Banned
What more needs to be said?

I don't know. That was one of the most dominant defensive Superbowl performances I've ever seen. Felt pretty special to me.

Beat the #1 Offense with 500 pts, led by the MVP/OPOY during what could be considered his peak, coached by the COTY.

I'd say Seattle matched it a couple years ago, it was a little different, but just about as dominating.

I don't know. That was one of the most dominant defensive Superbowl performances I've ever seen. Felt pretty special to me.

Beat the #1 Offense with 500 pts, led by the MVP/OPOY during what could be considered his peak, coached by the COTY.

I'd say Seattle matched it a couple years ago, it was a little different, but just about as dominating.

Yup. Denver's 2015 defense is going to go down as one of the best of all time! I'm happy to be a fan right now!

eznark

Banned

Not sure I can remember a guy who was so far and away outclassing his entire competition like Miller did last night. It's always amazing and fun to see a guy just find a whole nother level on the biggest stage.

Rainy

Banned

Are there going to be any big changes to the defense in the off season you think? Or will most of the players stay put?

Godslay

Banned
Yup. Denver's 2015 defense is going to go down as one of the best of all time! I'm happy to be a fan right now!

It was truly a gift.

Was nice to be on the other side of that in a SB. Never again will I doubt that defense wins championships.

They belong up there with the best of them.

Draxal

Not sure I can remember a guy who was so far and away outclassing his entire competition like Miller did last night. It's always amazing and fun to see a guy just find a whole nother level on the biggest stage.

Don't get me wrong Miller was beasting, but it really didn't seem like Shula tried to adjust for him at all.

Tom Penny

No different than the game before. Absolutey dominating.

MechDX

Next Super Bowl in Houston goes back to roman numerals, LI.

Cant have LI with eLI. Its a sign!!
Texans trading for Eli of course.

Godslay

Banned

It was special.

I didn't think he could out do the AFCCG, but he did.

Are there going to be any big changes to the defense in the off season you think? Or will most of the players stay put?

Almost of them will be back.

Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan are the question marks right now. Possibly Ware depending on what he does.

There seems to be a push to bring Malik back, he'll be expensive but worth it if we get what we got last night.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Malik is in the biggest danger of leaving for a huge payday. After that Super Bowl, someone will pay him more than Denver can afford...;_;

Would like to keep Oz but prefer to pay the defensive players first

chadskin

And so the offseason officially begins

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy was involved in an altercation with three off-duty police officers this weekend in Philadelphia, according to multiple reports.

McCoy, along with former NFL running back Curtis Brinkley, had "a dispute over the purchase of champagne," and "[Brinkley] grabbed the bottle" which touched off the altercation at an Old City nightclub, according to reports.

A law enforcement official told CSNPhilly.com that two of the officers suffered broken ribs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...iladelphia?ex_cid=sportscenterTW&sf20563815=1

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I noticed this and felt bad. When he missed on the first one I wonder if he just bowed out himself. He seems to have been sensitive to the criticism. Unfortunate he was the Phil Simms of officiating consultants

Phil Simms is now my most hated color commentator after this season. Listening to his thick hillbilly accent being yelled into the mic without any notion of meaningful insight into the game is just.....awful. I'd rather listen to Aikman's concussed brain try to form coherent sentences or Gruden masturbate furiously to every good player on the field.

It was truly a gift.

Was nice to be on the other side of that in a SB. Never again will I doubt that defense wins championships.

They belong up there with the best of them.

Unfortunately the 2015 Packers showed that you still need to have an offense. Our defense wasn't in the same league as the Panthers, Cardinals, or Broncos but it should have been good enough with our offense. First fucking year we have a good defense and this is what we get...yes I'm still mad.

#chipwasright

"In a shocking development, Dante Scarnecchia has asked the Patriots about coming out of retirement to coach the O-line again, per source." - @Jeffphowe

Holy shit this would be amazing news.

ampere

That's doesn't have the look of someone that is concerned tough, that the looks of someone that its letting reality creep in slowly.

Reality of what? Road Warrior played a huge part in earning his two rings, while Peyton was carried to this one 100% and 75% on his first ring

Eli has a dumb face, it's hard to know what he's thinking

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CatGch8WwAAhdef.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

When Cam saw that Ware was interested in the ball he changed his mind. Got shook

harSon

Banned
We were Denvers kryptonite but that doesn't mean that we matched up well against the other teams.

We were most defense's kryptonite when healthy on offense. The game would have come down to whether our defense could get after the QB and create turnovers enough to offset the amount of yards/points it was surely going to give up :p

Caja 117

Reality of what? Road Warrior played a huge part in earning his two rings, while Peyton was carried to this one 100% and 75% on his first ring

Eli has a dumb face, it's hard to know what he's thinking

That he was not going to be the Brother with the most rings anymore. that what it looks like, doesn't mean it is. but it defenelty doesn't look like someone that Is thinking" they scored a TD it isn't over yet, hold your horses."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom