• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Someone mind typing up Millers mock draft? Not clicking through 32 slides.

The excerpt you're looking for:

The Pick: Defensive End Kevin Dodd, Clemson

The Green Bay Packers have to address their lack of pass rush and the fact that their best pass-rusher, Clay Matthews, is relegated to stopping the run at middle linebacker. The fast-rising Kevin Dodd would do wonders, either as a Julius Peppers-esque defensive end and edge defender or as an athletic 5-technique end. Dodd would give the Packers versatility that they're severely lacking right now.

Some may worry Dodd is a one-year wonder after being a quiet role player behind Shaq Lawson and Vic Beasley before the 2015 season, but his dominance down the stretch while Lawson was nursing an injury has opened eyes about just how good he can be.

DMczaf

So on Saturday I went to LIGHT (club in Vegas) to see J Cole perform.

Turned out to be an unofficial NFL party as well. Tons of Falcons and Patriot players were there. Julio Jones was there celebrating his B-Day.

J Cole showed up at 2:30am, performed for 15 mins and left. Meh.

Godslay

Banned
Malik is in the biggest danger of leaving for a huge payday. After that Super Bowl, someone will pay him more than Denver can afford...;_;

Would like to keep Oz but prefer to pay the defensive players first

The main thing is to clear Manning's salary, tag Von, and trim Clady down to something reasonable. We can get a good boost if Ware retires or takes a lower number as well. There are some other trimmings that can happen too.

We could probably pull off Malik and Oz, but someone like Danny T is gone.

Either way, I think we need to have a little more balance. I don't think you can expect this defense to be this good again. It's tough to do, and anything from the offense would go a long way towards making the team more consistent.

JABEE

Hey jabee I got some chipotle for you

You made some really great posts last night. I was very surprised by your wit and analysis. Those horns on you had on your avatar must be doing something for you.

I will pass on your Chipotle, Gata. I fear those Burritos more than you will ever know, especially if they passed through your scaly hands, my alligator friend.

Duxxy3

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 2m2 minutes ago

The Patriots have been happy to learn of Scarnecchia's wishes to come out of retirement, and a deal is very likely, per source.

f978cf17-2136-4750-8308-7bb1f78b6866.gif

JABEE

Turned out to be an unofficial NFL party as well. Tons of Falcons and Patriot players were there. Julio Jones was there celebrating his B-Day.

Are you trying to piss off RBH?

Julio had a birthday party, and RBH wasn't invited.

You made some really great posts last night. I was very surprised by your wit and analysis. Those horns on you had on your avatar must be doing something for you.

I will pass on your Chipotle, Gata. I fear those Burritos more than you will ever know, especially if they passed through your scaly hands, my alligator friend.
You deserve chipotle

eznark

Banned
I thought that maybe we finally had a worse performance from a QB than Roethlisberger but nope. Sadly the Rapist still holds the crown at 9/21 123 yards and 2 int's.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

So I always wondered how that worked since I've never been to Vegas. Do the NFL players just sit behind a roped off area that whole time or something? Or are they just mingling in the crowd like every other horny 20 something?

What kind of dance did you do

eznark

Banned
Kas, the Hail Mary in Detroit was the play of the year at the NFL Honors thing!! When will the Lions be hanging the banner? I'd like to attend.

squicken

Joe Praino @FixYourLife
Is Chip Kelly happy that LeSean McCoy got in trouble or sad that he took down more people in a bar fight than Kiko Alonso tackled all year?

too good

e: Good for Russ. Always classy

TheFatOne

I'd cut Cannon today if it were possible. Not remotely worth his contract.

Holy shit forgot about his contract. What the fuck were the Pats even thinking when they signed him to that deal. It's not like that contract is going to hurt the Pats, but man that was real fucking dumb.

Line_HTX

There was a shit baseless rumor from the Bucs? It was probably some idiot who wanted to be like La Canfora in saying that O'Brien would take the Maryland job, but now the Maryland job is already filled.

Crisco

Banned
I think another thing that's shown up last night has been our lack of half time or in game adjustments whatsoever. It's happened all season but was masked by still winning close games. Denver's defense had a bead on our play calling all game long, especially in the run game. I thought we should have run more read option and we left our tackles on an island against Ware and Miller far too often. I just hope this game doesn't ruin Shula's chances at a HC job.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why losing last night hurt so bad, but it's still hard to feel bad about this team's future. We went 15-1 and rolled through the NFC playoffs with a roster still hamstrung by dead money and bad contracts from the Hurney era. Not to mention our best receiver watched the whole thing from the sidelines. Our two best players on either side of the ball are young and under contract for the next 4 years minimum. If they can get over this loss the Panthers should be a force in the NFC for foreseeable future.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to do a postmortem for the Steelers, soon. Feel free to write one for your favorite team!

Matt Miller posted a full 7 round mock draft this morning:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions/page/2

Texans get WR Treadwell in the 1st, Hack in the 2nd and RB Dixon from La. tech in the 3rd

While I like his choices for the Steelers in rounds 2-4, they aren't taking an offensive tackle in the first unless the second coming of Anthony Munoz falls that far down the board. The current tackle combo of Villanueva and Gilbert gave up one total sack to Ware and Miller over the course of two games.

DMczaf

So I always wondered how that worked since I've never been to Vegas. Do the NFL players just sit behind a roped off area that whole time or something? Or are they just mingling in the crowd like every other horny 20 something?

They usually just get a table(s) and have their crew let women into the area.

Godslay

Banned
Elway should focus on improving the O-Line during the draft. The Broz is going to need it.

Yeah, I hope they fix it up.

We could be okay if Clady comes back, Garcia goes to LG, Paradis at C. The RG/RT is really a question mark.

I think another thing that's shown up last night has been our lack of half time or in game adjustments whatsoever. It's happened all season but was masked by still winning close games. Denver's defense had a bead on our play calling all game long, especially in the run game. I thought we should have run more read option and we left our tackles on an island against Ware and Miller far too often. I just hope this game doesn't ruin Shula's chances at a HC job.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why losing last night hurt so bad, but it's still hard to feel bad about this team's future. We went 15-1 and rolled through the NFC playoffs with a roster still hamstrung by dead money and bad contracts from the Hurney era. Not to mention our best receiver watched the whole thing from the sidelines. Our two best players on either side of the ball are young and under contract for the next 4 years minimum. If they can get over this loss the Panthers should a force in the NFC for foreseeable future.

Panthers are a decent team, they suffered the same fate of the 2013 Broncos.

Meaning their offense/defense was bloated from feasting on the corpses of AFCS/NFCE. Not to mention weak divisional teams. Good thing for the Panthers is, there is still a lot of junk in the NFC so they'll always be in the mix with GB, SEA, AZ, etc.

JaMarco

Holy shit forgot about his contract. What the fuck were the Pats even thinking when they signed him to that deal. It's not like that contract is going to hurt the Pats, but man that was real fucking dumb.
Belichick loves wasting money on his mediocre players.

JaMarco

I wouldn't sweat it, there's nothing you can really do against a god tier defense like that.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, which is why losing last night hurt so bad, but it's still hard to feel bad about this team's future. We went 15-1 and rolled through the NFC playoffs with a roster still hamstrung by dead money and bad contracts from the Hurney era. Not to mention our best receiver watched the whole thing from the sidelines. Our two best players on either side of the ball are young and under contract for the next 4 years minimum. If they can get over this loss the Panthers should be a force in the NFC for foreseeable future.

Yeah I'm not an expert by any means but I thought they were having some success with the read option. Pretty much speculation, but it looked like some of the hits Cam took early shook him up for the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom