• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Looks like Ben had the kryptonite... I feel like I still need to wake up or something.

CatLFnXUMAAhHZH.jpg

It's a good feeling my friend. To this day I still can't believe Butler intercepted the ball at the one. Probably going to feel this way the rest of my life. That memory is just burned into my brain.

Spinluck

Panthers are a decent team, they suffered the same fate of the 2013 Broncos.

Meaning their offense/defense was bloated from feasting on the corpses of AFCS/NFCE. Not to mention weak divisional teams. Good thing for the Panthers is, there is still a lot of junk in the NFC so they'll always be in the mix with GB, SEA, AZ, etc.

Oh come on Slay, only the AFC has a surplus of shitty teams.

squicken

Thomas Davis missed a few tackles, but there was a play where he blitzed, Manning threw to Sanders, and Davis turned around and ran down the play 15 yards down the field. What an athlete

harSon

Banned
I thought that maybe we finally had a worse performance from a QB than Roethlisberger but nope. Sadly the Rapist still holds the crown at 9/21 123 yards and 2 int's.

Their performances are pretty much the same. They pretty much had the same yardage, completion ratings and both had two turnovers. Ben had a rushing touchdown though.

People always say that Ben got carried to a Super Bowl, while neglecting the Steeler's path to the big game.

Against the Bengals: 14/19 for 208 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions
Against the Colts: 14/24 for 197 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception
Against the Broncos: 21/29 for 275yards, two passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown and 0 interceptions

49/72 (68% completion rating) for 680 yards. With 7 passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown and 1 interception. As a second year player and on the road. He definitely had a terrible Super Bowl, but was a crucial component to them getting there in the first place.

Godslay

Banned
It's a good feeling my friend. To this day I still can't believe Butler intercepted the ball at the one. Probably going to feel this way the rest of my life. That memory is just burned into my brain.

It was a great season. Feels great to get over the hump.

I think that strip sack for a TD by Miller is that moment for me in this Superbowl. Plus the Pat tribute by Elway at the presentation ceremony.

Oh come on Slay, only the AFC has a surplus of shitty teams.

To be honest both of them have their fair share of shitty teams. It's pretty even, despite the NFC is the best bias.

NFC has CAR, GB, SEA, AZ, MIN, maybe the Cowboys if healthy. A few meddling teams and then some bad teams.

AFC has DEN, NE, PIT, KC, CIN, maybe the Colts or Jets. A few meddling teams, and then some bad teams.

QB play is a bit better in the NFC, but the AFC isn't too far behind.

Let them doubt Chris. Only makes it all the sweeter when Romo gets his Owl next year. I guarantee he won't have any CORPORATE PLUG INS during his post game interview either

Spinluck

Can't be allowed to criticize Cam.

Pretty much my Facebook right now, this guy was saying me putting partial blame on Cam is me blaming him entirely. Said Cam had no help and people like to criticize him for no reason....

I mean... He's the MVP, if he wins, he's riding that jock and Cam gets most if not all the credit.

Shady did some more than shady shit. Can't imagine that being rich can get you off aggregated assault of a police officer.

Enjoy prison.

squicken

Let them doubt Chris. Only makes it all the sweeter when Romo gets his Owl next year. I guarantee he won't have any CORPORATE PLUG INS during his post game interview either

Peyton's greatest gaffe was making out with Papa John before the post game handshakes. Can you really say that Romo won't find Witten for a similar moment?

Tom Penny

Their performances are pretty much the same. They pretty much had the same yardage, completion ratings and both had two turnovers. Ben had a rushing touchdown though.

People always say that Ben got carried to a Super Bowl, while neglecting the Steeler's path to the big game.

Against the Bengals: 14/19 for 208 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions
Against the Colts: 14/24 for 197 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception
Against the Broncos: 21/29 for 275yards, two passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown and 0 interceptions

49/72 (68% completion rating) for 680 yards. With 7 passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown and 1 interception. As a second year player and on the road. He definitely had a terrible Super Bowl, but was a crucial component to them getting there in the first place.

But Manning improved to 5 TD's and only 10 turnovers on his 2 SB winning paths.

jakncoke

Banned
Kicking someone on the ground is aggravated assault. That's not good

If the defendant causes serious bodily injury or attempts to cause serious bodily injury, aggravated assault is a first degree felony, punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to 20 years and a fine of up to $25,000.

He better be getting some good lawyers

Looks like Ben had the kryptonite... I feel like I still need to wake up or something.

CatLFnXUMAAhHZH.jpg

Brown isn't injured and the game goes very differently. Bell isn't injured and well...

Not that it matters...Asterisks would have made sure to steal all the playbooks necessary to guarantee a win in Foxborough.

Spinluck

To be honest both of them have their fair share of shitty teams. It's pretty even, despite the NFC is the best bias.

NFC has CAR, GB, SEA, AZ, MIN, maybe the Cowboys if healthy. A few meddling teams and then some bad teams.

AFC has DEN, NE, PIT, KC, CIN, maybe the Colts or Jets. A few meddling teams, and then some bad teams.

QB play is a bit better in the NFC, but the AFC isn't too far behind.

Yeah, that was me just poking fun at the AFC sucks stuff that gets thrown around a lot here lol.

Euron

So who's going to be the QB for the Eagles next season? Currently betting on RG3 because it would be hilarious to see another hyped NFC East player go to the Eagles and suck.

squicken

The night didn’t start out too positively for Talib, who was charged with two personal fouls in the first 20 minutes of action. “It was all good,” Talib assured. “It was B.S. flags. One was on our sidelines — the guy was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine, but hey, we’re world champs.” Talib’s first personal foul came when he was called for taunting after pushing Panthers wideout Corey Brown out of bounds following a Broncos sack. “We were just talking, and it was getting a little chippy, so the ref picked me to slow the game down,” Talib said. “We didn’t do anything. We were just talking noise to each other, me and (Brown), a regular conversation.” The second was thrown when he yanked Brown out of bounds by the receiver’s facemask to prevent a touchdown. Talib downplayed the impact of the foul. “My teammates knew what it was,” Talib said. “He was on the 3-yard line. (With) a personal foul, he was on the 1 1/2-yard line, so it is what it is.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/02/aqib-talib-committed-facemask-on-purpose-first-personal-foul-was-b-s/

wtf?! Should be suspended

Line_HTX

Pretty much my Facebook right now, this guy was saying me putting partial blame on Cam is me blaming him entirely. Said Cam had no help and people like to criticize him for no reason....

I mean... He's the MVP, if he wins, he's riding that jock and Cam gets most if not all the credit.

Did that guy play the card on you, by any chance?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The whole race conversation is making people super defensive and edgy when talking about Cam. It feels like there's a larger battle going on over twitter salt that has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

I thought it would have been great if Cam went out and played one hell of a game. I'll even say that I think it would have been a better outcome for the league long term because I'm kind of scratching my head looking for the next crop of elite QBs after guys like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning. We have Luck and arguably Cam....then?

I also like it when showboats actually win the Super Bowl. I thought Richard Sherman was insufferable until they won...then it's like "okay he backed up what he's been saying all along". I even thought it was cool when Gronk won last season (fuck the Pats as a whole and that ring is tainted).

Peyton's greatest gaffe was making out with Papa John before the post game handshakes. Can you really say that Romo won't find Witten for a similar moment?

Yes but Witten is awesome, Papa John tries to sell you shitty pizza

It will be amazing and the haters will choke on the salt

harSon

Banned
Only Pittsburgh seem prepared for the Broncos D-Line this playoff run.

The fact that we were competitive without two starting offensive lineman, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell or DeAngelo Williams is definitely a sign of good things moving forward. If we can add a few pieces defensively, and our young guys continue to progress on both sides of the ball - then next season will be pretty exciting barring any major injuries.

Unfortunately injuries and the Steelers go together like Cam Newton and one word answers at a Press Conference.

Spinluck

Did that guy play the card on you, by any chance?

No, but my barber told me that I'm black and had an obligation to root for Cam...

Anyway, my FB friend went on to compare it to when Rodgers won MVP and following his playoff loss people said he needed more help instead of blaming him like they do Cam. Wasn't he hurt?

squicken

I generally see the Cam thing as more generational than racial. I'll have my post on participation trophy culture not preparing children to deal with failure up sometime later this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom