• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

No, but my barber told me that I'm black and had an obligation to root for Cam...

Anyway, my FB friend went on to compare it to when Rodgers won MVP and following his playoff loss people said he needed more help instead of blaming him like they do Cam. Wasn't he hurt?

Fucking barber shop logic, smh...

Rodgers was hurt? I never heard of that.

No, but my barber told me that I'm black and had an obligation to root for Cam...

Anyway, my FB friend went on to compare it to when Rodgers won MVP and following his playoff loss people said he needed more help instead of blaming him like they do Cam. Wasn't he hurt?

my friend told me I was a racist because I was rooting for the broncos,

Here we have the delusional, paranoid Steelers fan in his natural habitat.

Let's all sit still so we don't startle the little bitch
Friend, you seem angry. Why not take a moment to sit back and relax? Just because the Patriots and Tom Brady had their legacy* shat on by the superior Peyton Manning last night doesn't mean you have to go through life grumpy.

Spinluck

The whole race conversation is making people super defensive and edgy when talking about Cam. It feels like there's a larger battle going on over twitter salt that has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

I thought it would have been great if Cam went out and played one hell of a game. I'll even say that I think it would have been a better outcome for the league long term because I'm kind of scratching my head looking for the next crop of elite QBs after guys like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning. We have Luck and arguably Cam....then?

I also like it when showboats actually win the Super Bowl. I thought Richard Sherman was insufferable until they won...then it's like "okay he backed up what he's been saying all along". I even thought it was cool when Gronk won last season (fuck the Pats as a whole and that ring is tainted).

I'm not thinking about race when I watch Cam, some of his stans bring it up all the fucking time though. I enjoyed watching him this year and I think it's fun when he's all smiles and dabbing, and shit. But I am pretty sure I enjoyed watching the Broncos send the message early that he's not gonna doing none of that shit that night and shaking him early even more. I think Cam can still be elite, he and that offense did indeed overachieved, but I'm not going to pretend like people weren't predicting blowouts and shit. Now they all fall back on, "well look who he's playing with." As if they didn't just dismember the Cards and edged SEA. I'm sorry, can't have it both ways.

For all the talk of Cam handling the press conference poorly, at least he shook Peyton's hand after the game and was a good sport during that process. Contrast that with a Brady loss.

cdyhybrid

Are those worse then assaulting 2 cops? Worse then kicking guys while they are on the ground?

#ChipWasRight

lznQiHE.gif

Spinluck

For all the talk of Cam handling the press conference poorly, at least he shook Peyton's hand after the game and was a good sport during that process. Contrast that with a Brady loss.

"You've to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball. My husband cannot fucking throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."

-Grizelle Buttchin

Yabo

Banned
Is Skip and Stephen A ever happy? My wife had First Take on and they're not impressed about anything last night.

When Stephen A had that time in between ESPN stints, where he broke the Lebron to Mia news, he was really great to listen talk basketball, then he realized he wasn't making money without becoming the persona of Screamin A.

ESPN is basically FOX News for sports. Everyone on that station is scripted and told how to act before being on tv. ESPN has an agenda they push everyday, and it's been confirmed by people who leave or leave and come back.

Matt Miller posted a full 7 round mock draft this morning:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions/page/2

Texans get WR Treadwell in the 1st, Hack in the 2nd and RB Dixon from La. tech in the 3rd

The take on the Steelers is accurate, as far as I'm concerned. If we can't get a top tier DB in 1st round, go with depth where it's needed. In this case, he's suggested LT, which can't be argued (unless we're re-signing Beachum and Foster). He has us taking CB/S in 2nd and 3rd rounds, TE in 4th, LB/DB to round it out.

Seems logical. Not sure all the names are the right names, but wouldn't surprise me if Colbert drafts this way.

Godslay

Banned
But Manning improved to 5 TD's and only 10 turnovers on his 2 SB winning paths.

You always bring that up.

You fail to mention that the last time he won it as a Colt, he did have a poor postseason performance leading up to the SB.

He also faced the #1, #2, and #3 (BALT, NE, CHI) ranked defenses in 2006 to get there and to win it. Also had a clutch game winning drive to defeat NE and send Indy to the Superbowl. It wasn't an easy road to win.

He did what was asked of him this year especially in the playoffs and didn't have a turnover until the Superbowl against a defense that predicated their game on getting said turnovers. Had a game winning drive against Pitt, threw 2 TDs against NE, and played well enough in the SB to keep the defense fresh. Now he has a winning playoff record too. Only 0.500 in SBs so that's something you can hang your hat on.

Personally, I was disappointed he was only 4 yards shy of demolishing Brady's first SB passing yard total of 145 yards. Oh well, what might have been...

Brady always shakes hands. You can call him a lot of things but he always shows respect after the game. Ask CJ Anderson.

Friend, you seem angry. Why not take a moment to sit back and relax? Just because the Patriots and Tom Brady had their legacy* shat on by the superior Peyton Manning last night doesn't mean you have to go through life grumpy.

He shat on our legacy by being Trent Dilfer 2.0?

Lol

Yabo

Banned
You always bring that up.

You fail to mention that the last time he won it as a Colt, he did have a poor postseason performance leading up to the SB.

He also faced the #1, #2, and #3 (BALT, NE, CHI) ranked defenses in 2006 to get there and to win it. Also had a clutch game winning drive to defeat NE and send Indy to the Superbowl. It wasn't a easy road to win.

He did what was asked of him this year especially in the playoffs and didn't have a turnover until the Superbowl against a defense that predicated their game on getting said turnovers. Had a game winning drive against Pitt, threw 2 TDs against NE, and played well enough in the SB to keep the defense fresh. Now he has a winning playoff record too. Only 0.500 in SBs so that's something you can hang your hat on.

Personally, I was disappointed he was only 4 yards shy of demolishing Brady's first SB passing yard total of 145 yards. Oh well, what might have been...

He was a great game manager in the playoffs. When he had to take control, he would blow it. His run games and defenses, like the majority of Super Bowl winning teams, were the big reason he got his rings.

With the exception of this year, he was the reason his teams were in the playoffs. Father time wins again.

Godslay

Banned
Brown isn't injured and the game goes very differently. Bell isn't injured and well...

Not that it matters...Asterisks would have made sure to steal all the playbooks necessary to guarantee a win in Foxborough.

If Peyton was 15 years younger it would have been a different outcome too.

I do agree that Brown changes the game, but it's all hypothetical.

Yeah, that was me just poking fun at the AFC sucks stuff that gets thrown around a lot here lol.

I wasn't quite sure. Balance could obviously swing, but I don't think either conference was clearly better.

When Stephen A had that time in between ESPN stints, where he broke the Lebron to Mia news, he was really great to listen talk basketball, then he realized he wasn't making money without becoming the persona of Screamin A.

ESPN is basically FOX News for sports. Everyone on that station is scripted and told how to act before being on tv. ESPN has an agenda they push everyday, and it's been confirmed by people who leave or leave and come back.

Espn trying to worked us.

Ehhh people are way overblowing that. Eli probably just knows it isn't over until it's over.
I love how people ignore that Archie has the same look on his face. He just happens to be obscured. Total and complete non-issue that people love to make a story out of.

squicken

Doesn't Peyton winning a ring this year show just how ridiculous it is to measure a QB by his postseason wins and losses? He's the best ever. He changed the QB position and the way the game is played. Every QB is measured against Peyton's work ethic. I love that he won a SB as a game manger. #ringz #winz

Doesn't Peyton winning a ring this year show just how ridiculous it is to measure a QB by his postseason wins and losses? He's the best ever. He changed the QB position and the way the game is played. Every QB is measured against Peyton's work ethic. I love that he won a SB as a game manger. #ringz #winz

after carrying so many teams, he was carried!

cdyhybrid

I love how people ignore that Archie has the same look on his face. He just happens to be obscured. Total and complete non-issue that people love to make a story out of.

I'm sure they were just nervous. I'd be sweating just watching if my brother were playing in the Super Bowl.

I never liked Cam when he pouted and bitched like a petulant child during his second season I think it was. Told me all I needed to know about him. Me, me, me, cry, cry, cry.
I'm talking about back in college!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom