• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just read some embarrassing news, Von Miller didn't get a car for SB MVP.

This year the NFL had no partner for the SB to hand out a car. This is SB50, the Golden SB.

Did the Pro Bowl MVP get a car this year?

Not like Miller needs to be given a car. Still seems really cheap of the NFL not to do that again.

Kind of explains why Miller's moment at the trophy presentation was so short. No sponsor to name. Goodell didn't even give him the MVP trophy until the press conference later.

Bread

Banned
Just read some embarrassing news, Von Miller didn't get a car for SB MVP.

This year the NFL had no partner for the SB to hand out a car. This is SB50, the Golden SB.

Did the Pro Bowl MVP get a car this year?
giphy.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No, we have at least 10 picks coming our way via trade and compensatory picks with Suh and Fairley leaving. Not sure how that works but we are getting picks because of the bargaining agreement and the absurd contacts rookies used.

-3rd round compensatory pick because of Suh going to Miami
#108 (4th round)
#139 (5th round)
#155 (5th round, trade with Denver last year)
-5th-6th round compensatory pick for Fairley
#173 (6th round)
#184 (6th round)
#204 (7th round)
#235 (7th round)

10-11 draft picks assuming Bob Quinn doesn't trade down from #16 or #46 and get more picks which I think he'll do.

Lions in line for multiple 2016 compensatory picks

So statistically you've got maybe three solid starters and a bunch of practice squad picks. Neat!

Striker

I meant for the season and post-season in general, but year he was dominant yesterday. Remmers and Oher had mostly held up this year before getting killed in the SB. Denver's OL had been brutal many times before
Really, Lotulelei and Short are as equally as dominant as those LB's have been. Impressive group. Ealy was a Getts pick, bastid. I love Richburg though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is for Dutch.

MCJWBNo.gif

Lol didn't Peyton say "he'll be buying the beers tonight" , the fuck did he say that for
Peyton should buy Von everything for the next few years

He needed to play the 'he's poor now and just one of the people' card whilst simultaneously making millions in Budweiser endorsements. He even memorized his lines and repeated them four times. Must be a Rubio supporter.

Farooq

Banned
Ealy and Trai Turner would have been the Cowboys picks if they didn't trade up for Lawrence.

Lawrence and Ealy is a wash imo. Turner though...S-tier O-line. Hated the trade up then, hate it now.

Coincidentally, Dallas also wanted Shaq Thompson over Byron Jones.

JABEE

TimelySorrowfulAfricanelephant.gif

Moving target.

Rodgers was about 70 yds, Ben's was about 65.

Only big difference is Rodgers was a playoff game.

He was also throwing off his back foot in the process of getting hit.

He heaved that ball 60 yards down field with his arm alone falling backwards.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A day after hosting the Super Bowl, Santa Clara mayor resigns effective immediately

A day after his city drew the nation’s attention by hosting Super Bowl 50, Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews held the spotlight Monday by announcing that he is leaving his job, effective immediately.

Matthews, 53, has nearly three years left to his term, his second as mayor. At a news conference, he gave little explanation except to say, “It’s time for me to focus on my family and look forward to the next chapter of my life.” Health issues are not behind the decision, he said.

The mayor’s staff issued a press release acknowledging the surprise, saying that Matthews “stunned reporters in attendance” at the news conference.

The Silicon Valley Business Journal said Matthews’ departure could leave the divided City Council gridlocked over such issues as the 49ers, district elections and a youth soccer park. The journal also pointed to recent tensions between some council members and city administrators.

Matthews is stepping down after more than 20 years in Santa Clara politics.
He’s been on the City Council three times, among other jobs. The city website notes that Matthews’ “ancestors arrived by covered wagon after traveling with the Donner Party in 1846.”

The City Council has 30 days to appoint an interim mayor.

Not fishy at all!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Arrival/Departure monitors at Denver International Airport.

0bd3KtR.jpg

Never realized the airport had (or needed) 4 flights to Omaha a day...

manfestival

I am glad that jameis is a part of the bucs. I am still shocked that there are people in Tampa that thought that he had a garbage season and played absolutely trash. People need to not forget that it was a rookie season and a very good one at that.

I am glad that jameis is a part of the bucs. I am still shocked that there are people in Tampa that thought that he had a garbage season and played absolutely trash. People need to not forget that it was a rookie season and a very good one at that.

Maybe the whole rape thing is clouding people their judgement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom