• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
The guy who gets the big bump is Luck, who took all the hits that Cam and Brady wilted from, only he was awesome, and did it with a bleeding kidney

Yeah, the three guys who played well against the defense that stood out to me where Ben, Luck and Carr.

Had Carr not thrown that errant pick 6 in the 1st, they probably sweep Denver this year. You could see by the 2nd game he was really starting to adjust to what the D was doing.

Luck just put the team on his back, and played like it was the Superbowl.

We played a murder's row of QBs year:

Brady x2, Ben x2, Smith x2, Carr x2, Rivers x2, Rodgers, Luck, Cutler, Flacco, McCown, Stafford, Teddy, Rodgers, and Cam.

McCarron was the only backup we faced.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
if by some miracle Matt Stafford were to lead the Lions to a Super Bowl title next season do you think Kas would survive it?

It wouldn't be a miracle. This team as constructed with the cap space we have and the 10 draft picks will be making a run as long as our QB stays healthy. Going to go a little gaming side and make a list:

-Matthew Stafford (Pro Bowl)
-Golden Tate III (Pro Bowl)
-Theo Riddick
-Ameer Abdullah
-Eric Ebron
-TJ Jones
-Larry Warford (Pro Bowl)
-Laken Tomlinson
-Manny Ramirez
-DeAndre Levy (Pro Bowl, even though he somehow didn't make it in 2014)
-Darius Slay
-Ezekial Ansah (Pro Bowl)
-Glover Quinn (Pro Bowl)
-Tahir Whitehead
-Quandre Diggs
-Isa Abdul
-Jason Jones

Almost every single player I listed is under 30 and I didn't list guys like Haloti Ngata and Joique Bell who may or may not be coming back.

This team is young, talented and can hand toe to toe with any team in the league. We also have the added bonus of having the continuity of our coaching staff coming back with two great, young coordinators.

The rest of the work will be adding depth to our WR core, interior D-line and offensive line which we'll do through the draft and free agency.

It sucks Calvin is probably retiring but this roster as constructed with the added depth in the draft will make us a Super Bowl contender, IMO.

It's been a long time coming but Stafford is hitting that QB prime age and the team will go as he goes. I've seen Stafford play enough to where I know he is an elite QB and has proven it.

Now it's time for the playoff win(s) to add to his resume.

bionic77

Yeah, the three guys who played well against the defense that stood out to me where Ben, Luck and Carr.

Had Carr not thrown that errant pick 6 in the 1st, they probably sweep Denver this year. You could see by the 2nd game he was really starting to adjust to what the D was doing.

Luck just put the team on his back, and played like it was the Superbowl.

Brady x2, Ben x2, Smith x2, Carr x2, Rivers x2, Rodgers, Luck, Cutler, Flacco, McCown, Stafford, Teddy, Rodgers, and Cam.

A healthy Steelers offense and Ben would eat out the Broncos defenses' asshole for 60 straight minutes.

A NFL Championship is at least 30% luck.

squicken

Yeah it's funny that with all the fraud OTs we had, Denver is very much legit. Being balanced is good, but being that dominant on defense was awesome to watch. I think overall this was a week year in the NFL, but Denver is a worthy champ

Yeah it's funny that with all the fraud OTs we had, Denver is very much legit. Being balanced is good, but being that dominant on defense was awesome to watch. I think overall this was a week year in the NFL, but Denver is a worthy champ

All the games that Denver had this year were close and we were so battle tested that I knew we wouldn't stink up the joint in the SB. Every game was literally a playoff game.

We went to OT against the Browns lol

squicken

I just want a fucking QB :(

sam-bradford_416x416.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jesus. The delusions keep escalating.

It's all my opinion but I've watched the team play and I know the young talent we have on both sides of the ball.

Oh god he would be annoying 9000x times over.

Nah, I really wouldn't. I'd just be so happy to win it all I probably wouldn't gloat other than giving shout outs to fellow Lions fans.

I got over that phase after having to defend Stafford against NFL fans saying Mark Sanchez was the better pick when Stafford was hurt his first two seasons. I had seen enough of both Stafford and Mark Sanchez from 2009-2011 to know which QB would have the better career. Stafford's 2011 season solidified that. He's more than proven himself to have the talent and clutch in the 4th.

The next step is getting those playoff win(s) which I believe we'll do this season.

bionic77

Since I have been watching football in the late 70s every champ is legit as fuck with only 3 exceptions:
1. Every Pats win
2. Trent Dilfer
3. Brad Johnson

Godslay

Banned
A healthy Steelers offense and Ben would eat out the Broncos defenses' asshole for 60 straight minutes.

A NFL Championship is at least 30% luck.

You do know that when the Steelers beat the Broncos their starting safeties were out?

So in some hypothetical universe, it is just as equally likely that the Steelers get denied the FMT. Pretty anemic to score only 16 with Brown out though. Can't deny they look god like on paper.

Can't deny the luck portion of it of course.

squicken

It's all my opinion but I've watched the team play and I know the young talent we have on both sides of the ball.

The Lions in the 2nd half of the year was playing fantastic. I thought the change at OC was just reshuffling the deck chairs, but it really made a big difference. I'm not sure how the roster looks overall, but I like that Mrs Ford is shaking up the building

Since I have been watching football in the late 70s every champ is legit as fuck with only 3 exceptions:
1. Every Pats win
2. Trent Dilfer
3. Brad Johnson

Yeah the BAL and TB teams I thought really benefited from a down year in the league. The Giants team was probably the worst team to ever play in a SB in my lifetime. Maybe the Chargers that were killed by SF. But unlike that Dolphins team that went undefeated but had a super soft schedule, Denver played the league's best teams and was clearly the league's best team

Before my kids were born I could do about 50 reverse grip pull ups, a few one handed reverse grip pull ups and probably around 30 regular pull ups.

The day I was done taking the bar examination I jumped up and ripped down the rim at my parents house. The rim was installed by a moron was more than 11 feet high.

Today I could easily do any grip pull ups other than with one arm probably. I am not coming close to my numbers pre-kids though!

50? I need proof. Even in my prime i don't think i got past 15! 50 seems ridiculous!

bionic77

You do know that when the Steelers beat the Broncos their starting safeties were out?

So in some hypothetical universe, it is just as equally likely that the Steelers get denied the FMT. Pretty anemic to score only 16 with Brown out though. Can't deny they look god like on paper.

Can't deny the luck portion of it of course.
Didn't Brown have like 500 receiving yards on your best corner?

I don't think we drop 30+ on the Broncos on the road but you know that deep down your team would be hard pressed to keep us under 28. And no way in fucking hell are the Broncos scoring that many without several TOs (which your D can get, but that is asking a lot).

Matchups and injuries are everything in the playoffs. Like I said every champ needs some luck to get there. I won't take anything away from the Broncos. Miller looked like he was playing against the Browns but he was playing legit teams in the playoffs and was making it look way too easy.

I personally think we were a really bad matchup for the Denver defense. And part of me is happy we lost because the Pats were a bad matchup for us. Our defense doesn't have the grown ass men your team has to ignore the Pats cheating ways and beat them the fuck down.

bionic77

50? I need proof. Even in my prime i don't think i got past 15! 50 seems ridiculous!
Would I lie to you?

The only person who can verify this would be my wife. I am not going to lie. She was never impressed with the pull ups or the vertical. :(

And reverse grip pull-ups are much easier than legit pull-ups.

Godslay

Banned

Yeah, it was fun. Just great to have a team that wasn't mentally weak like the Fox led teams. Completely lopsided towards the D, and I don't think we'll be nearly as good next year on that side of the ball.

I'll never underestimate defense again though. Too easy to fall in love with the flash of the offense. If the other team can't score though, odds are you've got a shot in any game.

All the games that Denver had this year were close and we were so battle tested that I knew we wouldn't stink up the joint in the SB. Every game was literally a playoff game.

We went to OT against the Browns lol

I felt at some point it the D would unravel due to PM. The injury was a blessing in disguise. Somewhat showed the team that without turnovers and just good enough QB play, they could beat anyone. PM coming back solidified them, and I was wrong about that. I think that gave them the push to finish.

bionic77

Bionic is telling Al Bundy stories now.
Al Bundy DID score 4 TDs against Polk High bro. The fact that he was a fat out of shape balding man who sold women's shoes who could barely bend over to reach his laces does not take away from his accomplishments!

Just like him, I keep it real.

Just read some embarrassing news, Von Miller didn't get a car for SB MVP.

This year the NFL had no partner for the SB to hand out a car. This is SB50, the Golden SB.

Did the Pro Bowl MVP get a car this year?

Striker

Yeah the BAL and TB teams I thought really benefited from a down year in the league. The Giants team was probably the worst team to ever play in a SB in my lifetime. Maybe the Chargers that were killed by SF. But unlike that Dolphins team that went undefeated but had a super soft schedule, Denver played the league's best teams and was clearly the league's best team

The 2000 Giants were 12-4 and had a top 5 defense. Problem is they faced the #1 defense who had talent everywhere on that side of the ball. Giants defense shut down a Carter, Moss, and Robert Smith offense.

Kerry Collins got scared that game.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't Brown have like 500 receiving yards on your best corner?

I don't think we drop 30+ on the Broncos on the road but you know that deep down your team would be hard pressed to keep us under 28. And no way in fucking hell are the Broncos scoring that many without several TOs (which your D can get, but that is asking a lot).

Matchups and injuries are everything in the playoffs. Like I said every champ needs some luck to get there. I won't take anything away from the Broncos. Miller looked like he was playing against the Browns but he was playing legit teams in the playoffs and was making it look way too easy.

I personally think we were a really bad matchup for the Denver defense. And part of me is happy we lost because the Pats were a bad matchup for us. Our defense doesn't have the grown ass men your team has to ignore the Pats cheating ways and beat them the fuck down.

Brown had yards on all the corners. He'll always get his. He did beat up on Harris that day though. The main issue with that is that both Ward and Stewart were out. Go back and watch the TD where Brown split Harris and the back up safety up the seam. Communication issues with a guy who was on the street a week prior. That rarely happens when Stewart was out there.

Either way, we'll probably never see what happens when both teams are fully healthy. They'll be reconfigured and it will just serve as a what might have been.

Just read some embarrassing news, Von Miller didn't get a car for SB MVP.

This year the NFL had no partner for the SB to hand out a car. This is SB50, the Golden SB.

Did the Pro Bowl MVP get a car this year?

The trophy was nice though. They had no car sponsor surprisingly.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Remember when Kas said the lions were stacked with draft picks and they had the standard 7

No, we have at least 10 picks coming our way via trade and compensatory picks with Suh and Fairley leaving. Not sure how that works but we are getting picks because of the bargaining agreement and the absurd contacts rookies used.

-3rd round compensatory pick because of Suh going to Miami
#108 (4th round)
#139 (5th round)
#155 (5th round, trade with Denver last year)
-5th-6th round compensatory pick for Fairley
#173 (6th round)
#184 (6th round)
#204 (7th round)
#235 (7th round)

10-11 draft picks assuming Bob Quinn doesn't trade down from #16 or #46 and get more picks which I think he'll do.

Lions in line for multiple 2016 compensatory picks

squicken

-One thing I liked yesterday was the officials being active in calling personal fouls. Way too many games this year got chippy b/c the officials let stuff go. Even still, they missed a big one when CAR's bench went after Miller

-CAR's defense is so good. It's a bummer that no one will remember them. Norman, Davis and Luke are awesome

-DT and Ted Ginn are Charmin soft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom