• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how thirsty teams are for QBs, it'll be interesting to see what happens with:
- JFF - is he really done in the Cleve? If so, does someone else try to rehab him?
- RGIII - is he really done as a QB? If not, who takes a flier on him?
- Captain Kirk - is he staying with the Racists?
- Crapperstick - can Chip use him or does he toss him aside like Foles?
- Foles - is he done with the Rams? Does someone else take a flier on him?
- Bradford - someone is going to throw some money at him. Maybe not the Eagles, but someone.

How this all plays out will have a huge impact on the draft, obviously. I just think there's a game of musical chairs about to be played, and someone will be left on the Browns.

Edit - and oh shit that's right Brock is in this mix as well.
JFFs concerns should be about not going to jail at this point. Browns still have Mccown who played decently well last season, not sure we'll sign anyone else in FA. And with the number 2 pick we almost are guaranteed our choice at Qb. Hue personally makes me alittle more optimistic then past years

You won't be banned, you will be injected with a mixture of Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns and feline aids.
See there you go again, we talked about this. I don't wish you harm or for you to get AIDS.

JFFs concerns should be about not going to jail at this point. Browns still have Mccown who played decently well last season, not sure we'll sign anyone else in FA. And with the number 2 pick we almost are guaranteed our choice at Qb. Hue personally makes me alittle more optimistic then past years
Pretty much how I see it too BG.

bionic77

Doubt Osweiler would have to take that deal. I'm sure there will be a team willing to give him actual money.
But would a FA take a chance on a sad sack organization when the money is not guaranteed and they are set up as the fall guy?

A lot depends on what Denver offers obviously...

eznark

Banned
But would a FA take a chance on a sad sack organization when the money is not guaranteed and they are set up as the fall guy?

A lot depends on what Denver offers obviously...

I mean, some of the money will be guaranteed. And the thing about sad sack organizations is a lot of times they have a ton of money.

This is a bad QB year both in the draft and in FA. I could see someone like the Texans taking a flier on giving him a huge signing bonus and then incentivizing the rest.

CayLx4AUMAAK3DM.jpg

I want to self-quote my own avatar cause its the look I have on my face reading that.

Man I have already used up all my sick days for the year due to my kids keep getting sick and passing it back and forth between everyone in our house.
Yikes. Doesn't help either when students are sick too. I still manage not to use my sick days yet. But dodging/parrying the cold bug every day.

BigAT

Cam needs to stop while he is ahead. These quotes are not helping him.

Yeah, he's basically just reiterating everything everyone is saying about him, but now he's confirming it with his words in addition to his actions.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CayLx4AUMAAK3DM.jpg[IMG]

I want to self-quote my own avatar cause its the look I have on my face reading that.[/QUOTE]

Elway really should have run out of bounds 10 yards earlier. Didn't he know he was putting his body in an uncomfortable position thereby risking injury?!

[IMG]http://i1.wp.com/www.prosportstop10.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/John-Elway-Helicopter-Clutch-Dive.gif

Fox318

I feel like Cam is why people don't like celebrating.

People always lose and people always win and nobody likes to be on the losing side while somebody is dancing and flaunting.

You can either be more reserved when you win or eat your crow when you lose.

You can't do both.

I really hope there is video of this interview because Cam is coming across absolutely awful in text.

Not that specific portion but here's a snippet:

https://twitter.com/BlackBlueReview/status/697084081792815104

Full video is apparently coming later.

YOU'D HAVE TO BE SOME SORT OF RUSSIAN GYMNAST BALLERINA TO HAVE A SHOT AT THAT BALL!
In motion its even more comical. The only reason he would have to contort his leg to go for the ball is BECAUSE HE STOPS! Had he just dove on the damned thing.......

Did Cam really just admit to making a business decision?

You have to risk injury to get that ball back. You just have to if you don't you deserve to get shit on. I was willing I give him the benefit of the doubt that he thought the ball would squirt out of the pile, but the optics of that response is bad

DMczaf

I don't think the Super Bowl and it's aftermath could have gone any more wrong for Cam supporters and great for Cam haters.

It was the perfect storm.

Sorry, Panthers-GAF.

*dabs*

Syrinx

I never thought Cam would actually admit to intentionally not diving for that ball. He's really letting the whole world know what a basic bitch he is these days.

Line_HTX

Super Bowl 50 not so nifty save for Peyton

It's not how you start but how you finish

AKA you can't have it both ways.

I spent the last two weeks publicly defending the free-speech rights of Cam Newton.

I and about 100 million other Americans devoted Monday to ripping a 10-year-old who threw a fit at Chuck E. Cheese, then trashed his PlayStation because his favorite video game froze.

To your room, Cam. And don't come out until we want to hear from you again.

Newton can dab, dance, laugh, smile, prance and taunt all he wants. As long as he goes 17-1 and wins the league's MVP and Offensive Player of the Year awards in the same season.

But when a 26-year-old "man" throws a "I didn't get what I wanted for my birthday" temper tantrum on live TV, it's a reminder there are more than a few reasons many hate Newton.

Leadership, maturity, perspective, appreciation - Newton lacked all of those and more.

Maybe Superman will grow up one day.

But no, people just want to say that you don't like him because you're racist.

BigAT

Fans: "Wow, I can't believe Cam made a business decision in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. That's unforgiveable."

Defenders: "Hey, you weren't on the field. You don't know what the situation was and can't possibly know what was going on in his head at that moment."

Cam: "It was a business decision."

eznark

Banned
Fans: "Wow, I can't believe Cam made a business decision in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. That's unforgiveable."

Defenders: "Hey, you weren't on the field. You don't know what the situation was and can't possibly know what was going on in his head at that moment."

Cam: "It was a business decision."

Waiting on WanderingWindbag to come in and call Cam an internet tough guy for calling Cam a coward.

need Cam's face on Dorn here

corbin-bernsen-majorleague-3_display_image.jpg

Godslay

Banned
I don't believe Osweiler is leaving. Elway will sign him to a heavily bonus laden deal

And dont forget Garys favorite QB is out there for the taking: Schaub! Elway needs to steal Garys phone and delete the "Bae Matt" contact ASAP

Oz knows that it's his turn here.

Broncos from what I understand have already kicked off the pursuit. It should only be a matter of time before they reach a deal. Unless Oz took it to heart, which from all indications he didn't.

He'll come into a good situation. Which I don't think can be replicated by going somewhere else. We should (hopefully) still have a top 10 defense, a rebuilt OL, DT/Sanders combo, experienced back in CJ, and some new options at TE/WR/RB. Not to mention familiarity with the coaches and FO, and another year in the scheme.

Just have to reach numbers they are both comfortable with, which I think is definitely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom