• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Peyton retires it'll be Pats @ Broncos to open the season. Without Peyton there is no connection to the Colts so there is no headline to milk the fuck out of anymore.

AFCC game was really good, and the Pats vs Broncos is a better match up overall. Although, Luck vs DEN D is always a great match up to watch.

I don't think they go with the Panthers rematch to start the season.

Can't believe I'm already talking about next seasons opening game. Off season is gonna be cruel this year. These threads are gonna get weirder by the month.
At least you have Andrew.. And not Billy.

MechDX

Long off season friend, there is still time to sign Roberto Griffindor The Third.

Better get on it, Spincenter is hearing rumors that the Texans are trying to snag him. Markets gonna be hot this year.

Spincenter is full of lies. I need Breads thoughts on this

MechDX

"Fun" income tax spending: 2TB external HDD for my Xbox One

"need" income tax spending: 2 pack Lithium Ion batteries for my Ryobi tools

Sigh....I remember when I got my income tax when I was younger it meant it was time for a 2 day alcohol bender. :(

Sigh....I remember when I got my income tax when I was younger it meant it was time for a 2 day alcohol bender. :(

I'm doing some basic maintenance on my car and the rest is going into my savings account.

Hello friends,

Let's talk about Cam being a better man than Peyton.

Peyton Manning Is A Far Bigger Prick Than Cam Newton

While Newton expressed his understandable frustration at the biggest disappointment of his professional career, Manning the Virtuous, who’s never met a product plug he didn’t want to plunge directly into his anus, celebrated his career-capping victory by a) embracing Papa John’s founder John Schnatter, and b) shilling for Budweiser by giddily proclaiming, “I’m going to drink a lot of Budweiser tonight, Tracy, I promise you that.” For the record, Manning owns a stake in two Anheuser-Busch distributors in his home state of Louisiana, as well as 21 Papa Johns pizzerias in Colorado. So, during the most ecstatic moment of his career, Manning took it upon himself to plug his businesses.

If that weren’t enough, Manning, for whatever reason, chose to blow off his team’s four-hour Super Bowl victory party at the Santa Clara Marriott, featuring a performance by Flo Rida. Cam Newton blew off the media; Peyton Manning blew off his teammates and Flo Rida. But all the criticism post-Super Bowl 50 has been directed at Newton.

If that weren’t enough, Manning, for whatever reason, chose to blow off his team’s four-hour Super Bowl victory party at the Santa Clara Marriott, featuring a performance by Flo Rida. Cam Newton blew off the media; Peyton Manning blew off his teammates and Flo Rida. But all the criticism post-Super Bowl 50 has been directed at Newton.

Then again, it’s been that way his entire career—and Manning’s.

There is one giant blemish on Newton’s record: the laptop incident. In 2008, while a sophomore at the University of Florida, he stole a fellow student’s laptop. The charges were dropped after he completed a pre-trial intervention program, but, facing expulsion, he was forced to transfer first to Blinn College—a community college in Brenham, Texas—and then Auburn. He paid a heavy toll for his mistake, a crime born of educational necessity, with the media both excoriating him for it and ridiculing the details. Yet Newton’s legion of detractors still invoke #laptopgate every so often, plastering his mugshot across social media.

Ever since that unfortunate incident, Newton’s been a stalwart citizen, handing out game balls to over-the-moon kids in the stands and flashing that big, ever-present smile. The guy is so damn positive he was seen smiling after flipping his truck a half-dozen times in a freak auto accident in 2014. Newton broke his back in two places yet it took him just 12 days to fully recover.

And if you want to talk double standards, when Newton was drafted No. 1 overall by the Carolina Panthers, team owner Jerry Richardson demanded that his star rookie remain clean-cut—no growing his hair out or getting tattoos. But weeks earlier, the Panthers signed the white tight end Jeremy Shockey, who had long blond hair and arms covered in tattoos.

Peyton Manning never needed to steal a laptop, of course. He’s the son of NFL quarterback Archie Manning, and has led a pretty blessed life. While he was at the University of Tennessee, however, Manning was accused of sexually harassing a team trainer, Jamie Ann Naughright.

According to an excerpt from the university’s investigative report, Naughright was treating Manning’s foot when he began “asking me several personal questions” including if she “hang(s) out with people she works with.” When she didn’t entertain them, he allegedly exposed himself to her. “It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up,” Naughright later said in a court deposition. “To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.”

Archie intervened on his son’s behalf, and Peyton’s punishment was a two-week athletic dining hall ban and two weeks of 6 a.m. running sessions. Then, to add insult to injury, Manning labeled her a “vulgar woman” in the book he co-wrote with Archie, Manning: A Father, His Sons, and a Football Legacy. Calling his actions “inappropriate,” he nonetheless blamed it on, as our Robert Silverman put it, “the destruction of male-only spaces.”

n addition to the shameless salesmanship, the sexual-assault allegation and smears, and the post-Super Bowl vanishing act, there’s the allegations made in the Al Jazeera documentary The Dark Side: The Secret World of Sports Doping. Released in December, the doc claims Manning took a human growth hormone prescribed by the Guyer Institute, an Indianapolis-based anti-aging clinic, that was shipped to his wife, Ashley. What’s more, prior to the documentary’s release, Manning retained former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer to deal with the blowback. According to The Washington Post, Team Manning then sent two goons—one falsely claiming to be a police officer—to ex-Guyer employee (and doc source) Charlie Sly’s house to grill him. The very next day, Sly reportedly changed his tune and claimed he made it all up. The National Football League has opened up an investigation into the claims.

Aaaaand the cherry on the cake

Really, when it comes to class, while Newton may dab every now and then and walked out of a single press conference, he at least had the decency to greet Manning on the field after the crushing loss and shake his hand—which is more than can be said of Manning.

Yes, following his 2010 Super Bowl loss to the New Orleans Saints, Manning refused to so much as shake the hand of opposing QB Drew Brees on the field—or any of the Saints for that matter, even though it was his father’s old team—instead storming off the field and into the tunnel. Say what you will about Newton’s presser, this exhibited far worse sportsmanship. And was Manning ripped apart by the media? No, in fact they even went as far as to defend him.

“Walking off the field without congratulating Drew Brees may go against our misguided notion of what sportsmanship should be, but it wasn’t at all disrespectful or bitter,” wrote Yahoo! Sports’ Chris Chase. “It shows how much Peyton Manning wanted to win the game. And who can argue about that?”

I think if Peyton retires it'll be Pats @ Broncos to open the season. Without Peyton there is no connection to the Colts so there is no headline to milk the fuck out of anymore.

AFCC game was really good, and the Pats vs Broncos is a better match up overall. Although, Luck vs DEN D is always a great match up to watch.

I don't think they go with the Panthers rematch to start the season.

Can't believe I'm already talking about next seasons opening game. Off season is gonna be cruel this year. These threads are gonna get weirder by the month.

So Jimmy G vs. Brock. Still think Goodell goes all the way to the SC to get Brady banned for a game.

Bionic, maybe you should jump in and help out. Pretty sure you could put together a closing argument that would have our esteemed justices banning Brady from football forever. Like, he wouldn't be allowed to play catch with his kid in his own backyard.

ampere

I'm not gonna defend or praise Peyton, but Cam deserves a ton of shit for not trying to recover that fumble

idgaf about crying or w/e in post-game pressers

I guess the comments here support the article. Peyton can do no wrong, but Cam is the bad guy.

And I thought just Ez and Forest Gump were KKK members.

I guess the comments here support the article. Peyton can do no wrong, but Cam is the bad guy.

And I thought just Ez and Forest Gump were KKK members.

Personally I'm a fan of Manning on the field, best QB of all time, I couldn't care less what he does off it, within reason of course. That sexual harassment stuff is terrible and it's certainly not ok, I read about that years ago but I'm not looking up to him as a role model or anything. I have nothing against what Cam did, I think he's a fun player to watch but the only problem I did have was him not diving on the ball, the entire reason you're playing football is to get to the Superbowl..all that hard work and dedication, putting your body out there every Sunday...and now is when he decides that it's too risky? Total bitch move....but I was rooting for the Broncos anyways so ultimately I was ok with his decision.

Hunter S.

You need to kick your tobacco habit.

200_s.gif

The good thing is that you could probably afford a 2 day alcohol bender without breaking into your tax refund. Go ahead and relive your former greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom