• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

I like a lot of cheesiness in a lot of things, but every time I see a TV spot for Shitpool I just pray that it bombs harder than Concussion.

David Irving: 6'7", 275 lbs, 22 years old. Just another great young piece of the Cowboy's improving defense.
LWncA1y.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Heath Evans, a former fullback, once again making bullshit up about Matthew Stafford and getting called out on it:

Heath Evans still disrespecting Matthew Stafford

Former New Orleans Saints fullback and current NFL Network analyst Heath Evans is at it again. Evans has notoriously gone after the Detroit Lions several times in his five years with NFL Network. He went after Matthew Stafford in 2011, comparing him to the then-unproven Cam Newton and predicting he and the Lions as the most likely team to get exposed in Week 1 that year (The Lions won in their season opener, made the playoffs, and Stafford enjoyed his most successful season to date).

A few years later, Evans reported that Ndamukong Suh was challenging Jim Schwartz's leadership in the locker room by showing up late and having secret player meetings, a claim that was thoroughly debunked by nearly everyone in the Lions organization.

Now Evans is going after Stafford and the Lions offense again. According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Evans believes the Lions would have been better served to keep offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi:
Links at the link

But his refusal to make Lombardi culpable for any of the Lions' offensive struggles is laughable. Not only did Stafford's play improve once Jim Bob Cooter took over offensive coordinator duties, but so did the offensive line and the Lions' running game.

Regardless of reality, Evans is going to keep on doing what he does best: antagonize. His unpopular opinions are not reserved for Lions fans. 49ers fans hate him. As do Eagles fans (in fairness, he was right about Chip Kelly). And Dolphins fans, too. But that's what Evans does, and he does it well.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...s-detroit-lions-matthew-stafford-joe-lombardi

I understand he's an "analyst", who played fullback for a variety of teams including the Saints, but don't spew bullshit and incorrect facts for the sake of spewing bullshit and incorrect facts.

Much more at the link.

MJLol.gif at his quotes, and the evidence that totally contradicts what he's saying but it's the offseason so I guess we need some news.

Nice seeing Sheldon Rankins make Mayocks list at #3 for interior lineman. I don't know I'd put Robert Nkemdiche above him though. Don't understand the hype behind him yet.

squicken

Man are people still trying to spin Cam's awful Sunday? Dutch please

Guess the wait for the Combine is on. Hard for me to get into the draft until I know what teams I'll be cheering for. My boy Treadwell is Mayock's top WR, so that's cool

Heath Evans, a former fullback, once again making bullshit up about Matthew Stafford and getting called out on it:

Heath Evans still disrespecting Matthew Stafford

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...s-detroit-lions-matthew-stafford-joe-lombardi

I understand he's an "analyst", who played fullback for a variety of teams including the Saints, but don't spew bullshit and incorrect facts for the sake of spewing bullshit and incorrect facts.

In defense of Dolphin fans, he still has that Pat D far up his ass and does nothing but hate on Miami,

Actually Squicken has an idea here! Some of my draft boys! (Subject to change whenever😎)

Wr: Tyler Boyd, Josh Doctson
Qb: I like Goff, probably seen the most of him. But whoever Hue takes is my boy, and they've been my boy the WHOLE time.
TE: Nick Vannett
Rb: Devontae Booker, Derrick Henry but wouldn't want him in the 1st 2 rounds at our pick. Think he could be a good one two With Johnson. If he was in the 3rd id love it, but not in the top of 2nd. He's not overly swifty or anything, but I do like his size. Kinda that one cut down hill runner
DL: Matt Ioannidis

Pls post your draft boys, I got binders of boys. I know what I said.

Actually Squicken has an idea here! Some of my draft boys! (Subject to change whenever😎)

Wr: Tyler Boyd, Josh Doctson
Qb: I like Goff, probably seen the most of him. But whoever Hue takes is my boy
TE: Nick Vannett
Rb: Derrick Henry but wouldn't want him in the 1st 2 rounds at our pick. Think he could be a good one two With Johnson. If he was in the 3rd id love it, but not in the top of 2nd. He's not overly swifty or anything, but I do like his size. Kinda that one cut down hill runner
DL: Matt Ioannidis

Hmmm I'm a fan of TCU so this might give me reason to pull for the Browns. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

TheFatOne

I think if Peyton retires it'll be Pats @ Broncos to open the season. Without Peyton there is no connection to the Colts so there is no headline to milk the fuck out of anymore.

AFCC game was really good, and the Pats vs Broncos is a better match up overall. Although, Luck vs DEN D is always a great match up to watch.

I don't think they go with the Panthers rematch to start the season.

Can't believe I'm already talking about next seasons opening game. Off season is gonna be cruel this year. These threads are gonna get weirder by the month.

No chance. NFL will save that for sweeps. They know the Pats are going to be a solid team, and the Broncos are going to be a solid team. So they will save those marquee matchups for sweeps.

Von Miller's new contract should be between Watt's $101M and Suh's $114M, huh

Not sure about this. After the postseason run he just had he could practically name any price, and find a team willing to pay it.

squicken

A

Pls post your draft boys, I got binders of boys. I know what I said.

I like this idea of your of mine

WR: Treadwell, Braxton, Doctson, Coleman
QB: Goff, Cook (will explain)
OL: Tunsil

DL: Dodd, Robinson
LB: Jayylon Smith
DB: Hargreaves

Baylor WRs have been pretty solid in the NFL when they stay off the drugs. I liked Doctson and he suffered from bad QB play. Braxton has that work ethic that will eventually make him a stud given his athleticism

Cook is a gigantic toolbag, but he's a pretty solid QB. I think he can be Andy Dalton. In a league full of frauds, Cook on a rookie contract, who gets that smirk knocked off him, can win a title

I like Robinson for representing us oldes, and Dodd b/c that dude is going to sack QBs

Squicken you mean this whole time I was semi joking about Cook being your boy, but he's actually your boy!
1408.gif

But really I wouldn't mind seeing Cook go to a team like the Rams, think that might work out. But yeah it appears the majority of his teammates might hate him. Word in the streets is that he also has a pretty hot sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom