• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Denver has quite a few free agents. That'll be a challenge for them probably.

More confused by the Dolphins cap hell. What is going on there? Saints and Bills are hurting too.

Spinluck

No chance. NFL will save that for sweeps. They know the Pats are going to be a solid team, and the Broncos are going to be a solid team. So they will save those marquee matchups for sweeps.

Not sure about this. After the postseason run he just had he could practically name any price, and find a team willing to pay it.

Yeah, thinking about it they probably won't.

I think HOU might be another option, I just feel that they're gonna want a playoff team from last year in there.

Denver has quite a few free agents. That'll be a challenge for them probably.

More confused by the Dolphins cap hell. What is going on there? Saints and Bills are hurting too.

We'll be fine, dropping a lot of dead weight, we'll have around 30 million without restructuring Suh, and they are so that adds another 18 million.

Line_HTX

The Colts and Texans aren't rivals.

VSHwHd2.gif

cdyhybrid

Man are people still trying to spin Cam's awful Sunday? Dutch please

Guess the wait for the Combine is on. Hard for me to get into the draft until I know what teams I'll be cheering for. My boy Treadwell is Mayock's top WR, so that's cool
You :squickened to Ole Miss too now?

There's individual players I follow and root for throughout college/draft but I don't root for the teams they go too. Just follow the prayers, unless they go to AFC North teams that aren't Browns. If that happens I pretend they retired.

Like Keenan Allen is my boy

I have no idea what Von Miller is going to get paid, probably going to be QB like that much is sure.

Malik Jackson sounds like he knows he is gone from the Broncos.

We gotta re-sign CJ Anderson too.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sheldon Rankins (DT Louisville)

Strengths:

Powerfully built lower half with very good strength. Is extremely compact, but still flexible and very athletic. Everything he does is explosive. Fires into blockers and can jolt and displace them with a combination of leverage and power. Strong base provides excellent balance to battle against double teams or down blocks. At times, will absolutely own finesse blockers. Elite foot quickness for interior defender.
Will be difficult to hook or cross­face for NFL offensive linemen because of his lateral quickness. Plays with powerful, violent hands.

Weaknesses

Undersized for full-­time interior position by NFL standards. Flashes quite a bit on tape, but many of his victims lacked the strength that he’ll see from NFL guards.

Sure he's not 6'3 or 6'4 but I'm not buying the undersized argument weakness or that his "victims" lack NFL strength. He dominated the opposing offensive lineman playing against him and I see no reason why he couldn't translate that into SEC offensive lineman or NFL offensive lineman. He just wasn't scouted by the big schools like Alabama but when he played against the offensive lineman on the opposite side he played with natural ability, technique, leverage and footwork.

Watch him dominate an Arkansas guard, and Center Glasgow from Michigan who dominated Jarunn Reed from Alabama at the Senior Bowl

The footwork, spin moves, technique, quickness is beautiful to watch.

And best of all he'd fit perfectly in Teryl Austin's 4-3 defense.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/sheldon-rankins?id=2555242

The only knock I'm seeing is his height and the opponents he faced. Well watch him dominate at the Senior Bowl. Reminds me of a Geno Atkins in terms of size.

Should be available at #16 for Detroit.

Heath Evans, a former fullback, once again making bullshit up about Matthew Stafford and getting called out on it:

Heath Evans still disrespecting Matthew Stafford

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...s-detroit-lions-matthew-stafford-joe-lombardi

I understand he's an "analyst", who played fullback for a variety of teams including the Saints, but don't spew bullshit and incorrect facts for the sake of spewing bullshit and incorrect facts.

Much more at the link.

MJLol.gif at his quotes, and the evidence that totally contradicts what he's saying but it's the offseason so I guess we need some news.

Nice seeing Sheldon Rankins make Mayocks list at #3 for interior lineman. I don't know I'd put Robert Nkemdiche above him though. Don't understand the hype behind him yet.

How was he right about Chip? He literally said that chip was the worst Head coaching hire of all time.

Saw a dolphins fan for the first time at the dentist. I thought they were an extinct race.
Edit: at least I think he was, maybe he just liked the color of jacket.

Maybe but what are the Colts and Texans really competing for? Neither team is winning a SB next year

You know.. I've never been more offended by something so trivial in my life.

QB: Cardale Jones
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR: Braxton Miller, Michael Thomas
OL: Tayler Decker
TE: Nick Vannett

DL: Joey Bosa
LB: Darron Lee
S: Vonn Bell
CB: Eli Apple

You are a son of a bitch Chuck and you did it to spite me and you know it.

There's individual players I follow and root for throughout college/draft but I don't root for the teams they go too. Just follow the prayers, unless they go to AFC North teams that aren't Browns. If that happens I pretend they retired.

Like Keenan Allen is my boy
Remember when Cam Heyward and Ryan Shazier retired.. They would be great stars for a team.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shouldn't the lions grab a WR to line up opposite of Ebron?

Why does everyone suddenly forget about Golden Tate III or Theo Riddick?

Golden Tate is a legit #5-10 WR in the league. The guy is a baller and one of the most fun WRs to watch in the league. I wouldn't mind LaQuan Treadmill though if he's at #16.

GoldenTate.gif

16556766-large.jpg

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions again have a receiver ranked among the five best in the NFL. But this time, it's not Calvin Johnson.

With Johnson ailed by a high ankle sprain, Golden Tate exploded for five 100-yard games in the past six weeks. He's now fourth in the NFL in receiving with 909 yards

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/11/where_do_golden_tate_calvin_jo.html

MechDX

whoa whoa whoa....you're not rooting for the pats again are you?

They have four ****, I don't see any superbowls friend,

Pats and Texans are forever linked (Vrabel, BOB, Godslay) sorry. I can 1 up bread though. My Texans/Pats/Seahawks have a combined 5 Super Bowls the past 15 years

You need a third team friend Chris. Cowboys and Phins aren't cutting it alone. May I recommend the Steelers or Packers?

Sanjuro

So, I went to the sad strip club after a good night

...this is...interesting. I've already been offered free IHOP breakfast.

This area is special as fuckkkk

bionic77

Pats and Texans are forever linked (Vrabel, BOB, Godslay) sorry. I can 1 up bread though. My Texans/Pats/Seahawks have a combined 5 Super Bowls the past 15 years

You need a third team friend Chris. Cowboys and Phins aren't cutting it alone. May I recommend the Steelers or Packers?
Why the fuck do you want to be associated with cheating cunts?

JJ might be a whore, but he has never been accused of cheating. The worst accusation in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom