• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yeah, it's amazing how whenever Brady loses the narrative is about how the team let him down. His pass blocking sucked, yes. He had no running game, yes. Those are conditions we Dolphins fans call "any given Sunday." The defense kept them in the game and gave Brady and co. plenty of chances to win it and he couldn't get it done. Obviously all of the blame doesn't fall on him but let's stop pretending like none of it does.

Wesseling is a closet Pats fan, he was insufferable during the deflategate stuff.

seriously, when manning loses to brady its all about how manning sucks but when brady loses excuses excuse abound.

Best part of the Pats-Broncos game

2p0HhZ9.gif

Duxxy3

Pretty awful crop of prospects.

Pats don't fuck around

Strangely enough this is usually an area they do fuck around in. Bill does not have a habit of firing position coaches.

For years there were people calling for bill to fire the secondary coaches, but he kept them year after year.

I like NPR a lot, but I especially like NPR after the Patriots lose. Makes me glad that they never report on real sports so I don't need to deal with it.

MechDX

Pretty awful crop of prospects.

Pats don't fuck around

Better than last year as a group. Goff and Wentz are equal to Mariota and Winston with quite a few high upside development guys afterwards. Better than what was behind the first two QBs last year.

Just a gut feeling but I'm thinking Wentz will go on to have a great career

Godslay

Banned
Better than last year as a group. Goff and Wentz are equal to Mariota and Winston with quite a few high upside development guys afterwards. Better than what was behind the first two QBs last year.

I highly doubt Goff and Wentz are in the same realm as Jameis and Mariota at this point.

minx

Booked our honeymoon this week... Is it bad that I'm looking forward to our honeymoon more than the wedding...? We're not doing anything too special because we're paying for the wedding, but going down to the Gulf coast of Florida for a week (my parents have a timeshare at Marriott in Marco Island) and then going to Orlando for a 5 days at the end.

I haven't had a week+ off of work in 4 years so I'm really looking forward to the break, especially because the goddam wedding stress will be over.

It's not bad. I was looking forward to honeymoon more as well.

minx

Bears won't win 5 games. They have a very legit shot at the #1 overall pick.

With Gase leaving I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Cutler. Maybe to Houston.

No way is Cutler not the QB next year. Price and Fox seemed impressed last year. Bears also won't sniff a top 5 pick unfortunately.
Wait Teddy Bridgewater's going to the Pro Bowl? The same Bridgewater that threw 14 TD and 9 INT?

Lmfao how low is the QB standard in this league

Quarter of those came in one game against the Bears. Pathetic.

bionic77

Based on how the refs called the Broncos game why doesn't every qb just throw the ball into the dirt when they are being sacked?

If the refs are not going to call grounding it will avoid the loss in yardage that comes with most sacks. You just seem to have to zip it 5 yards forward into the dirt to avoid the rule.

Be interesting to see if anyone actually tries to take advantage of that next year or if this is just a special application of the rules that only applies to Brady and the Patriots.

Based on how the refs called the Broncos game why doesn't every qb just throw the ball into the dirt when they are being sacked?

If the refs are not going to call grounding it will avoid the loss in yardage that comes with most sacks. You just seem to have to zip it 5 yards forward into the dirt to avoid the rule.

Be interesting to see if anyone actually tries to take advantage of that next year or if this is just a special application of the rules that only applies to Brady and the Patriots.
There were receivers around.

Credit Tom Gamble for Chip Kelly being the Niners coach today. Niners GM Trent Baalke told me that team senior personnel executive Tom Gamble, who is his right-hand man in all things personnel and the sacrificial scout in Philadelphia when Kelly and Howie Roseman clashed, was the key man in turning San Francisco on to Kelly. “I talked to my most trusted agent, Tom Gamble, and I got the answers to every question I had,” said Baalke. “All I had to do was ask Tom. That drove the decision-making process as much as anything. Actually, there’s some similarities with Chip’s situation [in Philadelphia] and what I’ve gone through here. You’re valued one way, say, three years ago, and now you’re valued a totally different way today [by the public and media].” Baalke and Niners CEO Jed York spent five-and-a-half hours with Kelly at Kelly’s home in New Hampshire, where he’s from. “I like the person, and I like the coach,” Baalke said. “He’s passionate about learning more every day. He’s a strong leader, and I believe he’s an excellent communicator. I think Chip has an openness to collaborate. None of us has all the answers. Certainly I don’t. I think it’s going to work out.” The key will be an open dialogue among the three men—Kelly, Gamble and Baalke—and the ability of Kelly to trust the personnel side of the building. It’s clear he didn’t trust Roseman, and that led to the downfall of the great idea of hiring Kelly in Philadelphia.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/24/nfl-championship-games-broncos-patriots-panthers-cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom