• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

There were receivers around.
Yes there were receivers on the field but some of the passes did not even clear the LOS and there was not even a receiver on screen when he dumped it in the dirt.

My question is why doesn't everyone do this? The likelihood of the balled getting picked off when you throw it in the dirt is extremely low and you will save 5-10 yards by avoiding the sack. What is the worst that can happen? If they call it you should be close to where you would have been if you just ate the dirt and didn't Brady it into the ground.

Tom Penny

lol such a fucken joke at this point (well more so....)

NFL Pro Bowl is fucking Joke. It doesn't even count for anything like the MLB Allstar game.

Yes there were receivers on the field but some of the passes did not even clear the LOS and there was not even a receiver on screen when he dumped it in the dirt.

My question is why doesn't everyone do this? The likelihood of the balled getting picked off when you throw it in the dirt is extremely low and you will save 5-10 yards by avoiding the sack. What is the worst that can happen? If they call it you should be close to where you would have been if you just ate the dirt and didn't Brady it into the ground.

Not sure if serious. Are you pretending you never see QB's throw the ball into the dirt on blown up screen plays? I've see no less than 10 by Phillip Rivers and I don't even see SD much.

Based on how the refs called the Broncos game why doesn't every qb just throw the ball into the dirt when they are being sacked?

If the refs are not going to call grounding it will avoid the loss in yardage that comes with most sacks. You just seem to have to zip it 5 yards forward into the dirt to avoid the rule.

Be interesting to see if anyone actually tries to take advantage of that next year or if this is just a special application of the rules that only applies to Brady and the Patriots.
Yeah I hate that. Going to the ground? Either you complete the pass or it's grounding. Period.

Replace the Pro Bowl with a dance competition between the conferences. Have one round where each conference picks their best dancer, then in round 2 you have group dances, then in round 3 each conference gets to pick someone from the other side that has to dance.

It is what it is

Wait what?

Also speaking of Dolphin pro bowlers, I have no idea how Brent Grimes made it. Like he was real bad this year.

Our QB in the probowl is the joke :(

Yeah..and Miko started talking shit to a bunch of people, including Armando at the Herald

They do.

The actual coaches just don't get to pick their teams. This year its the Packers and Chiefs' staffs.

Their instead picked by the celebrity/HOFer coaches.

Oh really? I thought it was just the celebrity coaches...I mean why even bother at this point?

Replace the Pro Bowl with a dance competition between the conferences. Have one round where each conference picks their best dancer, then in round 2 you have group dances, then in round 3 each conference gets to pick someone from the other side that has to dance.

This is the least terrible thing you've said in a while

Throw an NFL Poker tourny in there and I'd watch it

edit: for charity, with a mix of players and coaches

This is the least terrible thing you've said in a while
tumblr_n3pfsq7bRS1qfh70bo1_500.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

AFC has this in the bag!

UnripeFinishedBunny.gif

cele1.gif

bionic77

Not sure if serious. Are you pretending you never see QB's throw the ball into the dirt on blown up screen plays? I've see no less than 10 by Phillip Rivers and I don't even see SD much.
I see players throw it in the dirt all the time but Brady was doing it when he was in the grasp of the defender.

I have not seen that before and not done as blatantly as the Pats did yesterday either.

Not that I think my team is smart enough to exploit this but if I was a smart coach I would be teaching this to my qb's over the summer.

Line_HTX

Right... so Lucifer is a pretty cheesy and corny police procedural, but eh, I laughed a little bit for the most part.

Got nothing else to do on Mondays and nothing else is on TV aside from hockey, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tom Penny

I see players throw it in the dirt all the time but Brady was doing it when he was in the grasp of the defender.

I have not seen that before and not done as blatantly as the Pats did yesterday either.

Not that I think my team is smart enough to exploit this but if I was a smart coach I would be teaching this to my qb's over the summer.

You should consult an eye doctor if you have not seen QB's throw the ball near an eligible receiver to avoid a sack.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jayson Braddocks top draft QBs:
1. Carson Wentz
2. Jared Goff
3. Kevin Hogan
4. Jeff Driskel
5. Paxton Lynch
6. Jacob Coker
7. Christian Hackenberg
8. Connor Cook
https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/691793415135182850

Hogan?

Teams ahead of the Lions who could potentially take a QB by the time the Lions are on the clock at #16:

2.) Cleveland Browns
3.) San Diego Chargers
4.) Dallas Cowboys (Not likely but who knows with Jerry)
6.) Baltimore Ravens
7.) San Francisco 49ers
10.) New York Giants (Extremely unlikely, still a slim chance)
12.) New Orleans Saints
13.) Philadelphia Eagles
15.) Los Angeles Rams (Feels weird typing that)

Can't wait till all these QBs have there Pro Days, Workouts, Interviews etc. and some of these coaches and GMs think "that's our QB for the future."

Going to be plenty of pickings for the Lions at #16 in terms of OL and defense.

I'd rather us focus on defense and get a guy like A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama) or Reggie Ragland. I'm generally not a fan of taking OL mid-late 1st round. A first round pick should have immediate impact and those mid round Offensive Lineman usually take time to develop.

Still a bit of ways to go before draft frenzy starts to hit but the more hype some of these QBs get the better chance we have to solidify our offensive line and defense.

Biggest high risk/high reward non QB I see so far is Robert Nkemdiche. Really conflicted on him right now from various scouting reports I've read. Doesn't seem to have the size to be a DT nor the speed to be a 4-3 Defensive end opposite of Ziggy Ansah.

As usual I think the Lions draft philosophy should be BPA outside of Running Back.

bionic77

You should consult an eye doctor if you have not seen QB's throw the ball near an eligible receiver to avoid a sack.
When Ben does that he seems to get called for intentional grounding.

Though normally Ben just holds onto the ball with two hands when he is getting sacked like he is going to eat it after he gets up.

Its pointless to argue with Pats fans. You guys live in your own evil reality.

Changing gears, Rando and RBH, try not to get married right out of med school like most doctors seem to. I have a friend who lives near LA and is an anesthesiologist. Dude is swimming in the hottest chicks like he is a famous athlete. Every time he adds someone as a friend on Facebook it seems to be a ridiculously hot chick or some fat chick he went to high school with (I went to high school with him so I know the fat chicks). This dude never got laid in high school and now he king of poon mountain.

You guys should take that route instead of marrying the chick that is going to make you buy her expensive things. Wait at least 5 years until you go that route!

Kids are great but I would try to be king of poon mountain first and then go for the family life.

ampere

This is a solid idea. Make it happen scoot.

Hunter S.

If anything, it's the rest of the team that should tell Peyton that they're all retiring. He's the one who needs to step up his game.

Nah, the Pats stopped the Broncos run game more than anything. Both teams stopped the run the most. The run game will have to be better and hopefully Peyton too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom