• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Huh. There was talk of us resigning BJ, but I guess that's not happening (unless he takes a minimum deal). He's been pretty decent, for the most part, the last couple years.

He's probably five to six years removed from his best years so I'm fine with Raji being gone. Guion had his best year in 2014 so it's definitely the better move.

I spent most of the year hating the offense so I wasn't thinking about the defense half the time for what it's worth.

eznark

Banned
He's probably five to six years removed from his best years so I'm fine with Raji being gone. Guion had his best year in 2014 so it's definitely the better move.

I spent most of the year hating the offense so I wasn't thinking about the defense half the time for what it's worth.

UNRESTRICTED

Don Barclay, T - no

Mason Crosby, K - yes

Brett Goode, LS - yes

Letroy Guion, DT - yes (and done!)

Casey Hayward, CB- maybe, depends on Ted's draft board

James Jones, WR - no

John Kuhn, FB - FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER...i mean no

Mike Neal, OLB - yes

Nick Perry, OLB - no

Andrew Quarless, TE - hahahaha get out

B.J. Raji, NT - if he takes the Guion deal

Sean Richardson, S - nah

James Starks, RB - if cheap

God being a GM is easy

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I will look back fondly on all the years that Matt Forte was totally misused and all those offensive coordinators instead tried to turn Jay Cutler into an elite quarterback.

There were so many games were Forte was averaging 5 ypr and then Jay Cutler would shit the bed.

Here's to you Mr. Forte, thank you for all the good times.
UNRESTRICTED

Don Barclay, T - no

Mason Crosby, K - yes

Brett Goode, LS - yes

Letroy Guion, DT - yes (and done!)

Casey Hayward, CB- maybe, depends on Ted's draft board

James Jones, WR - no

John Kuhn, FB - FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER...i mean no

Mike Neal, OLB - yes

Nick Perry, OLB - no

Andrew Quarless, TE - hahahaha get out

B.J. Raji, NT - if he takes the Guion deal

Sean Richardson, S - nah

James Starks, RB - if cheap

God being a GM is easy

I was two seconds from copy and pasting the UFA list and asking what you thought. Thanks!

eznark

Banned
I will look back fondly on all the years that Matt Forte was totally misused and all those offensive coordinators instead tried to turn Jay Cutler into an elite quarterback.

There were so many games were Forte was averaging 5 ypr and then Jay Cutler would shit the bed.

Here's to you Mr. Forte, thank you for all the good times.

I was two seconds from copy and pasting the UFA list and asking what you thought. Thanks!

I really do kind of hate to lost Perry and Hayward, they were super useful pieces for Capers but ultimately a luxury.

With four linemen on the roster being UFA's at the end of 2016, I kind of wonder if TT panics and brings back Barclay on a 2 year deal...if only because he has experience being bad in three spots on the line so he could be a really bad stopgap if things go sideways with negotiations in 2016.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really do kind of hate to lost Perry and Hayward, they were super useful pieces for Capers but ultimately a luxury.

With four linemen on the roster being UFA's at the end of 2016, I kind of wonder if TT panics and brings back Barclay on a 2 year deal...if only because he has experience being bad in three spots on the line so he could be a really bad stopgap if things go sideways with negotiations in 2016.

Wow you weren't kidding. 2017 looks really ugly.

Julius Peppers
Josh Sitton
T.J. Lang
Datone Jones
Tim Masthay
Eddie Lacy
David Bakhtiari
J.C. Tretter
Micah Hyde

I mean Peppers will be gone but Bakhtiari and Tretter won't be nearly as cheap in the future. Hopefully TT will figure some of those extensions out early instead of kicking the can too far down the road.

eznark

Banned
Wow you weren't kidding. 2017 looks really ugly.

Julius Peppers
Josh Sitton
T.J. Lang
Datone Jones
Tim Masthay
Eddie Lacy
David Bakhtiari
J.C. Tretter
Micah Hyde

I mean Peppers will be gone but Bakhtiari and Tretter won't be nearly as cheap in the future. Hopefully TT will figure some of those extensions out early instead of kicking the can too far down the road.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. The OL are the only guys worth bringing back, but they'll be pricey. I wouldn't be shocked if Bakhtiari is the only one he brings back. Lang will be 29 and Sitton will be 30.

eznark

Banned
Was Hayward primarily the slot nickel? Or did he play outside as well?

He started the season as the #2 guy, played a lot of outside corner which was not something he had done. Most of his career he was the slot guy with Tramon and Shields on the outside. He was totally fine. But then the 2015 rookie DB class turned out to be magical and Capers moved him back inside. He was very very good in the slot.

But the Packers have Shields at shut down, and then Randall, Rollins and Gunter from the 2015 draft. So Hayward is probably going to just be a talent casualty. He can probably go be a very very solid #2 for any other team, Thompson just classed him out of a roster spot with a stupid killer draft.

He started the season as the #2 guy, played a lot of outside corner which was not something he had done. Most of his career he was the slot guy with Tramon and Shields on the outside. He was totally fine. But then the 2015 rookie DB class turned out to be magical and Capers moved him back inside. He was very very good in the slot.
I thought so and its a name I've seen floated by a few Giants fans as a potential FA target. The Giants are desperate for a slot corner. It's been a gaping hole for years now. Rolle used to move into the slot for us and did a serviceable job at best when he was around and then we signed Thurmond to fill in but he lasted all but 2 games before he was out for the season and then went off to Philly.

There's some questions surrounding the #2 corner on the team as well if they don't resign Prince. We need depth at corner badly.

MechDX

JJ Watt ‏@JJWatt 2h2 hours ago
When Guinness brews you your own personal beer.... Incredible!!!

CbBTWbrUMAAJGdN.jpg:large

Deal with it haters.

eznark

Banned
I thought so and its a name I've seen floated by a few Giants fans as a potential FA target. The Giants are desperate for a slot corner. It's been a gaping hole for years now. Rolle used to move into the slot for us and did a serviceable job at best when he was around and then we signed Thurmond to fill in but he lasted all but 2 games before he was out for the season and then went off to Philly.

There's some question surrounding the #2 corner on the team as well if they don't resign Prince.

I think he's a better player than Prince, personally. But it's sort of hard to say because the Packers secondary is actually pretty damn strong. So he might have just been benefitting from that.

I think he's a better player than Prince, personally. But it's sort of hard to say because the Packers secondary is actually pretty damn strong. So he might have just been benefitting from that.
Prince has definite lapses in coverage. Moreso when he's asked to play zone coverages as he can get caught flat footed and in pursuit instead of being in position to the play ball . I like his aggressiveness in tackling though. He likes to mix it up and get his helmet in there which is the opposite of DRC who's a far better cover corner but one that does make plenty of business decisions in the tackling department. Our safety situation is a fucking disaster at the moment which combined with a total lack of pass rush makes for a very poor showing for the Giants secondary.

The problem with Prince is health and its tough seeing the Giants front office paying him 9 million dollars a season when he's only been able to play one full NFL season in his entire 5 year career.

We need to pick the right kicker.

Having a great kicker makes close games that much easier.

When you have a rotten turd like Scobee you end up doing some crazy shit to cover it up. Like asking Vick to pass the ball forwards.
You can trade for Coons from the Browns considering that's the only position that we aren't exactly terrible at.

bionic77

That somehow works too though you knew I meant Munn!

You can trade for Coons from the Browns considering that's the only position that we aren't exactly terrible at.
I am not comfortable having someone named Coon on the team.

I would going to write that I was not comfortable having a Coon on the team but that is probably going too far. Someone would get offended. Thanks to King Obama people are so sensitive about racism and murder these days. Better to leave it be.

Greg

and with that Ali quote behind him... hahaha

guess he couldn't come up with that extra ounce of power to win because the game was only even at kickoff

Tom Penny

I fucking hate cable. They randomly jacked up my bill because of "expenses" anbody have Verizon i think im switching from shitty ass Cox. Its insane when you think how much you pay those fucks over a decade using 10% of the channels.

That somehow works too though you knew I meant Munn!

I am not comfortable having someone named Coon on the team.

I would going to write that I was not comfortable having a Coon on the team but that is probably going too far. Someone would get offended. Thanks to King Obama people are so sensitive about racism and murder these days. Better to leave it be.

His name is Coons and you probably could get away with it considering Kave would make jokes about almost every week. But we all know why Kave gets away with it.

He's a cat and cats can be adorable when they aren't assholes

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eague-star-jarryd-hayne-wants-back-in-the-nfl

Jarryd Hayne, the former National Rugby League star turned 49ers punt returner and swing back, wants to return to the NFL.

"I like being out wide like a wide receiver. Running back's also very enjoyable as well," he said, via ESPN.com. "I think for me, it's just about being versatile and playing anywhere they put me."

Hayne said that he doesn't want to quit without scoring a touchdown in the NFL -- something that nearly came to fruition a few times last season.

"I got close twice this year. I was devastated," he said.

Hayne added: "It was actually a route that I ran that if I had run it a bit different, I would've scored against Detroit. I come close, and then obviously that one against the Giants as well.

"Definitely next year, it has to be done. It has to be done."

While there is no word on whether or not the 49ers will bring Hayne back under new head coach Chip Kelly, it sounds like Hayne has a future in athletics, regardless. At just 27, there are plenty of articles linking him to a NRL return if the NFL doesn't work out, including to his beloved Parramatta Eels. The Sydney Roosters have been hot on his tracks, according to one AAP piece that appeared on ESPN.com.

Hayne ran the ball 17 times for 52 yards last season, with a long of 11. He also returned eight punts for 76 yards.

If the Hayne era ends, there will be plenty of NFL lifers nodding their heads and talking about the athletic superiority it takes to play in the league. And while this is true -- and Hayne mentioned how rattled he was by a few hits -- he's probably come closer to bridging the gap than any non-punting rugby convert yet. Yes, there is an athletic superiority required to play in the NFL, but imagine the skill set it takes to learn an entirely new game at the same time.

bionic77

I fucking hate cable. They randomly jacked up my bill because of "expenses" anbody have Verizon i think im switching from shitty ass Cox. Its insane when you think how much you pay those fucks over a decade using 10% of the channels.
I have the most ghetto cable in the country and they also jacked up our prices like 12 bucks.

We don't even watch 10% of our channels. All we need is Disney Junior, PBS Kids and sports. The first two I already get on Apple TV...

Line_HTX

People dislike how Cam played during the Super Bowl and how he handled himself the whole week because they are racist.

Am I doing it right?

MRSA

Banned
The problem with cable is that they want to bundle everything. Paying for Internet itself is $60 bones. Might as well fork over the additional $40 to get ESPN. Then they continue to fuck you with no lube $10 at a time

Tom Penny

The problem with cable is that they want to bundle everything. Paying for Internet itself is $60 bones. Might as well fork over the additional $40 to get ESPN. Then they continue to fuck you with no lube $10 at a time
Yep. Sports pack, HD,DVR all extra. Only good value is Redzone for $50 bucks. Worth every penny. My cable is like 2 bills for nothing.

Home front the Revolution is in Beta but this game is terrible. I mean REALLY bad.

The concept is cool and different but the game itself......they can't fix this in 3 months
I played a little bit last night and I loved it. I am a sucker for coop, and the attention to detail in the city is mind-blowing. I walked down a street saw an intersection that I recognized knew I was near my buddy Justin's old apartment, took a quick detour and I was walking around inside of it.

MechDX

I played a little bit last night and I loved it. I am a sucker for coop, and the attention to detail in the city is mind-blowing. I walked down a street saw an intersection that I recognized knew I was near my buddy Justin's old apartment, took a quick detour and I was walking around inside of it.

Its ugly as sin and the gameplay is beyond janky. Even for a BETA this game is fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom