• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
55dd5b9717059.gif

Damn...

Oh I watch her on good day LA every morning,

j-wood

"Today there is sunshine and smog"

I guess you can just mute it and watch here regardless.

Yeah, but do you know how much Goodell and the NFL as a whole make?

Who cares about these guys killing themselves, when Roggie can bank 15 million a year or some shit.

Oh I know. It's just still. Jesus.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Ultimate Mismatch in Super Bowl 50

The Panthers, as a run-oriented team, take almost the opposite approach. Much of their passing game occurs out of heavier sets with multiple tight ends and backs aligned tight to the formation. From this, they feature seven-man protections (i.e. “max protection”), using No. 2 tight end Ed Dickson and either fullback Mike Tolbert or whoever is in at tailback (Jonathan Stewart on base downs, occasionally Fozzy Whittaker on passing downs) to block for Cam Newton.

The Panthers, like most teams, typically reserve max protections for blitz looks. Having the NFL’s fiercest four-man front, the Broncos don’t blitz often. But with Carolina’s O-line being average athletically, max protections might still be necessary against some of Denver’s four-man rushes. It will be interesting to see what happens on the backside of those full line slides. Say the O-line slides right, toward Von Miller. That leaves Dickson and the running back doubling DeMarcus Ware on the left. Dickson and the backs are accustomed to blocking blitzing safeties and linebackers; facing an eight-time Pro Bowl defensive end is a much taller order, even if it is a two-on-one battle.

The difference is far greater than simply having one fewer guy blocking. In max protection, with the entire O-line sliding one way, those linemen are zone-blocking. But in a six-man protection, some linemen will have to go one-on-one as man-blockers. You can’t slide all five linemen against a straight four-man rush because the extra blocker—either a tight end or running back—is left one-on-one against the defensive end (the ultimate mismatch).

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/...lina-panthers-super-bowl-50-ultimate-mismatch

BigAT

Was Bettis a great RB? I can't rememer If he was just a novelty

Towards of the very end of his career he would certainly put stat lines like "3 caries, 4 yards, 2 touchdowns", but he doesn't have the 6th most rushing yards of all time by being a novelty.

Also I'm pretty sure you just triggered every Steeler fan in here.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't realize that every game the Panthers played this year, they rushed for over 100 yards. The lowest being 105 in Week 1. That's impressive.

WedgeX

Banned
Bettis winning the Superbowl in Detroit is probably the closest I'll come to ever experiencing a Lions Superbowl. My dad was so happy.

Slo

I heard it said on sports talk radio this morning that it's hard for anybody to take the stance that Cam's on field behavior is bad for the NFL when everyone loved it when Brett Favre jumped around and pumped his fist like a retard after every touchdown. He's just a big ol' kid out there. Having fun. Loving the game.

I used to like Cam. Now he can go fuck himself.

I heard it said on sports talk radio this morning that it's hard for anybody to take the stance that Cam's on field behavior is bad for the NFL when everyone loved it when Brett Favre jumped around and pumped his fist like a retard after every touchdown. He's just a big ol' kid out there. Having fun. Loving the game.

That car accident changed his career

eznark

Banned

Favre didn't have a first down dance though.

Slo

Btw, when I tell people that I can't be racist because I have black friends, I'm talking about you guys. At least a few of you are black, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom