• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
IRS wins again, Al Davis's estate owes 2.5 million in taxes

The government had reached a settlement with the Raiders in 2005 that led to the IRS issuing tax assessments against Davis of $501,000 for 1990, $1.82 million for 1992 and $159,000 for 1995, the money to be paid from tax refunds that Davis was owed for earlier years.

But in a suit filed just before his death in 2011, Davis and his wife, Carol, argued that the assessments were invalid because the IRS had failed to give the couple 60 days to review the amounts before imposing them, as required by their settlement agreement. A federal magistrate in San Francisco agreed and ruled that the taxes did not have to be paid.

In Monday’s ruling, however, the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said the IRS’ breach of its settlement duty did not affect Davis’ legal obligation to pay taxes on his income.

Davis could have challenged the accuracy of the IRS’ assessments, filed an administrative claim for a refund or sought reimbursement for any expenses caused by the agency’s breach of its promise, but failed to do any of those things, the court said.

“Instead, he threw a Hail Mary pass and sought a full refund. That pass falls incomplete,” Judge Andrew Hurwitz said in the 3-0 ruling.

Hunter S.

Broncos fans tipped over a porta-potty with a Patriots fan inside at the AFC Championship https://t.co/YkHhzebiPf https://t.co/IXQUyl6JnP

And

"I tried to lay on him a few times," one Broncos rusher said about hitting Brady to MMQB's Robert Klemko after the game. "I tried to rub my nuts on his face."

The worst organization in football

Booze does make people aggressive, add in mob mentality, and holy shit.

Seriously horrible. I feel bad for the dude.

MechDX

K5z4XSZ.png

Line_HTX

NFL panicked after seeing the lukewarm reaction to Coldplay being their headliner. So they threw in Beyonce and Bruno.

Would not be surprised if they threw more people in there. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pharrell Williams, and Dave Matthews are all supposed to be doing concerts at some of the official NFL parties that week. Never mind all the other acts that will be in the area I posted earlier, though I can't see the league throwing in 2 Chainz or Rick Ross.

Rick Ross headlining LI next year.

:jnc

They don't announce it that early obviously

Farooq

Banned
@OptimumScouting 3h3 hours ago
Everyone's favorite: #SeniorBowl QB hand
Kessler 9 7/8
Hogan 9 7/8
Wentz 10
Allen 8.5
Coker 9.5
Prescott 9 7/8
Brissett 9.5
Drisskell 9 3/4

Hand size doesn't matter...or does it?

Bowser

Didn't realize that every game the Panthers played this year, they rushed for over 100 yards. The lowest being 105 in Week 1. That's impressive.

Panthers have actually rushed for 100+ in 31 straight, longest streak since the 70s I believe.

Also interesting to note Broncos on played 2 teams in the top 10 in rushing, Minny (4th) and KCx2 (6th) and gave up 113, 147, and 106 in those games. Most of the other offenses they faced were bottom 10 rushing teams (BAL, DET, OAKx2, SDx2, NE, CLE, IND). Also played CHI without Forte.

Think the Panthers will be able to run on Denver.

Godslay

Banned

bionic77

Broncos fans tipped over a porta-potty with a Patriots fan inside at the AFC Championship https://t.co/YkHhzebiPf https://t.co/IXQUyl6JnP

And

"I tried to lay on him a few times," one Broncos rusher said about hitting Brady to MMQB's Robert Klemko after the game. "I tried to rub my nuts on his face."

The worst organization in football
I would not throw a flag for either of these occurrences. I do agree that the Pats are the worst organization in football and in fact all of sports and were deserving of these acts to be done against them.

No one cries for the bad guy. It's all fair against the Pats.

Hand size doesn't matter...or does it?

I think 8 inch is the cutoff. Teddy and Carr are both borderline tiny hands at 8 1/4.

Interested in how Hogan does at the senior bowl. I expect his stock to rise in the coming weeks once the draftniks catch up to pro-scouts.

MechDX

Assuming Watt is valued as a first you are getting a bargain, let's not forget what the Redskins paid to get RG3 and they had the 6th pick.

I aint giving up Watt and you can be damn sure the McNairs are not either. I would add in more picks though.

Me and Squicken debated this yesterday on Twitter. How much do you give up to get what you see as a franchise QB?

Godslay

Banned
Panthers have actually rushed for 100+ in 31 straight, longest streak since the 70s I believe.

Also interesting to note Broncos on played 2 teams in the top 10 in rushing, Minny (4th) and KCx2 (6th) and gave up 113, 147, and 106 in those games. Most of the other offenses they faced were bottom 10 rushing teams (BAL, DET, OAKx2, SDx2, NE, CLE, IND). Also played CHI without Forte.

Think the Panthers will be able to run on Denver.

Yeah, no denying that it's impressive.

It will have to be something the defense will have to focus on to slow the Panthers down.

MechDX

Just read this at BRB in response to trading up for Wentz:

Any team that would be interested in trading up to the top 5 to pick a QB would be smart to trade to 3.
Let the Browns pick first, because whoever they pick is most likely the biggest bust of the bunch. You have better chances of getting the right guy after them

Dat disrespect is everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom