• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This is the worst part of NFL offseason. After the Super Bowl and pre Free Agency with just player retirements and speculation on where free agents will land.

Lions president Rod Wood still not sure which way Calvin Johnson is leaning on retirement decision

"I really don't," team president Rod Wood said Thursday, during a lengthy interview with 105.1-FM Detroit.

Wood has continued to be in constant communication with Johnson. The president said the two touched base earlier this week as the organization patiently awaits the decision.

And while Wood said it would be nice to know before the start of the new league year next month, the team won't be putting any timetables on Johnson.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...rod_wood_still.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Detroit Lions will place emphasis on upgrading offensive line this offseason

Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has been sacked 89 times the past two season and that's an area the team wants to significantly improve this offseason

In an interview with 105.1-FM Detroit, team president Rod Wood acknowledged upgrading the offensive line is a top priority for general manager Bob Quinn this offseason

Buffalo's Cordy Glenn, who gave up just two sacks and two quarterback hits in 2015 according to Pro Football Focus, is expected to be the best available option in free agency, but could draw a contract starting around 10 million per season on the open market.

Other free agent tackle options include Oakland's Donald Penn, Pittsburgh's Kelvin Beachum and Cleveland's Mitchell Schwartz

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss..._stafford_offe.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Can't wait to see what Bob Quinn does in terms of free agency with regards to WR and OL.

Detroit has the cap space and a great team so free agents will be looking at Detroit as a landing spot.

The Lions writer said in the first article that he believes Megatron will still retire though.

MechDX

CbiBAOQWwAASD1T.jpg:large
yes please.

ampere

He's still under contract. And it would take an RG3-esque offer to even consider trading him.

Ah, yea didn't realize he was on a 4 year deal.

Hmmm...will this be the new "sat around for 2.5 hours" post?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195808670#post195808670

No way, being dumb and not giving a game much of a chance to get started is stupid but it's nothing like ditching your job because "it wasn't a good fit" during training lmao

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/142753-2/

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tells Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com that he believes the Texans are tired of starting “retread” quarterbacks and will instead target a quarterback in the draft.

“They want to draft [a quarterback] in the first round. They’re tired of using retreads,” McClain said. “They played five this year, started four. Last year they played four and started three. So they need a quarterback, and they want one that they can develop.”

McClain specifically mentioned Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg as someone to keep an eye on for the Texans.

“I think Christian Hackenberg is going to end up being reunited with Bill O’Brien,” McClain said. “I think that’s going to be their quarterback. I think O’Brien loves the guy. I don’t know that, but I just think he does based on what I’ve heard.”

McClain also added that Sam Bradford is unlikely to be an option for Houston, saying: “People that think Bradford is coming here, chances are they’re going to be mistaken.”

So using John "Pancakes" McClains recent history expect the Texans to sign Bradford and draft Prescott.

Congrats squicken?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
No way, being dumb and not giving a game much of a chance to get started is stupid but it's nothing like ditching your job because "it wasn't a good fit" during training lmao

Well yeah, not the same degree obviously. I meant more like the gaming side equivalent or something.

So Manchester United hit rock bottom today.

Dutch we want our money back for the defective manager you sent us.

Moyes had this team competitive against the mighty forces of Bayern "German Dallas Cowboys Except They're Still Winning" Munchen in the R16 of the Champions League.

Van Gaal can't even beat fucking MIJIGGYWITITLAND

giphy.gif

If it wasn't for Duke last night, I'd be Opiate regarding sports right now.

Moyes had this team competitive against the mighty forces of Bayern "German Dallas Cowboys Except They're Still Winning" Munchen in the R16 of the Champions League.

giphy.gif

CbhXvmMW0AA_Ce-.jpg

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 5m5 minutes ago
The Lions have informed Stephen Tulloch that he will be released after the start of the new league year, per a source.

Kas? is it happening?

Gobias

Banned
I haven't been following Kanye the past couple days. Is he still saying its only going to be on Tidal? I wanna be able to ride the wave in my car and I sure as shit ain't downloading Tidal on my phone.

I haven't been following Kanye the past couple days. Is he still saying its only going to be on Tidal? I wanna be able to ride the wave in my car and I sure as shit ain't downloading Tidal on my phone.
I haven't paid close attention to the release stuff, but apparently ppl believe it's gonna drop on iTunes today? Atleast that's what I got. I need this shit on my iPhone. Also I Remb a day ago I saw something about 23 songs haha. He's ruining our lives
His fuckery was becoming too much for me a couple days ago. I can't handle it
I could do without all the Twitter shit

Gobias

Banned
I haven't paid close attention to the release stuff, but apparently ppl believe it's gonna drop on iTunes today? Atleast that's what I got. I need this shit on my iPhone. Also I Remb a day ago I saw something about 23 songs haha. He's ruining our lives

His fuckery was becoming too much for me a couple days ago. I can't handle it

RBH

giphy.gif

*waves hello at Grover*

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom