• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Did you see Banner slam Ertz for taking a below market deal?

Yeah and it is dumb on Banner's part. How does he know what a player values? Ertz is still on his rookie deal. This isn't baseball where the career goal is to get to free agency. Any given Sunday and it is all over in the NFL

Hindl

Wow I dont get that move at all. I thought that Burton looked good in the limited looks he got. Why tie up more money in the TE position, especially for such an older guy.

One guess would be because Pederson is planning on using the run a lot more, and Celek is one of the best run blocking TEs in the league. Plus, this deal is saving us at least $2M so it works for all parties. And Burton looked good in limited snaps, but is he ready to pick up Zack Ertz' old play time? And Ertz has been banged up a lot, so depth is a good thing.

Howard Eskin tells WIP that it is "definitive" that the #Eagles will keep Sam Bradford on the team in 2016.

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/691956694826553344

Eskin is 100% the Eagles PR department, so this is great news. First time this offseason that I have been hopeful. Now if they could just bring back Chip.
Howie the great will find a way!

On the other hand, I've found that Eskin is usually wrong on a lot of predictions, so I'm not sure.

With the Eagles resigning all these players how are they going to afford giving Bradford 25 million a year?

What will you do if BoB grabs Bradford?

eznark

Banned
fVVUr6y.jpg

The disrespect is disgusting

Hunter S.

I'm likely just wearing the one I've had the last couple of years, when they switched to Nike. Orange Von. Although I've contemplated wearing the Elway jersey I've had since high school. Super Bowls and Tebow playoff game was won while wearing that one.

Elway shows your god elite fan status. Von shows new love.

I got a blue Elway, and blue Romanowski and two Peytons. White road Peyton for sure because he is the current legend, baby!

eznark

Banned
How did the Eagles get both their tight ends to take below market deals? They must be really excited for the Peterson regime. Who can blame them, really?

Wow I dont get that move at all. I thought that Burton looked good in the limited looks he got. Why tie up more money in the TE position, especially for such an older guy.

It's essentially a 2-year deal with Celek -- at the end of which we should still have Burton on a cheap restricted free agent contract. A decision can be made then as to who to go with moving forward.

squicken

How did the Eagles get both their tight ends to take below market deals? They must be really excited for the Peterson regime. Who can blame them, really?

Howie has always been regarded as very good GM except the drafting part and not getting everyone else fired part

Howie Roseman must have been doing some crazy voodoo. He needs to put it to work on Fletcher Cox though.

Howie has always been regarded as very good GM except the drafting part and not getting everyone else fired part

Frankly I've never been one of the Howie Haters. I think it gets blown out of proportion entirely by the media.

eznark

Banned
It's essentially a 2-year deal with Celek -- at the end of which we should still have Burton on a cheap restricted free agent contract. A decision can be made then as to who to go with moving forward.

Really, it's still a one year deal. He had a salary of $5m for 2016. They got control of him for two additional seasons and only had to guarantee an extra million.

Howie da Gawd

I'm likely just wearing the one I've had the last couple of years, when they switched to Nike. Orange Von. Although I've contemplated wearing the Elway jersey I've had since high school. Super Bowls and Tebow playoff game was won while wearing that one. It's the new blue, not the old D blue, the alternate now.

I'm going to wear big number 77. Karl Mecklenburg.

blog_meck_01012011.jpg

Howie Roseman must have been doing some crazy voodoo. He needs to put it to work on Fletcher Cox though.

Frankly I've never been one of the Howie Haters. I think it gets blown out of proportion entirely by the media.

How is it blown up by the media? There has been so much front office turmoil since he was handed power.

Why does everyone pretend Russell Wilson isn't black?

He doesnt dap.

Hindl

I'm getting worried that he'll put that off till next season. Ertz, Curry and Johnson are the rumored early deals, but I haven't heard much about Cox. I could see a case where they use that money to make sure Bradford comes back, and then use the cap space and cuts available next season to sign Cox. Next year we could dump Maxwell and Murray's contracts alone and save nearly $14M. I wouldn't like this though I want him locked up early.

How is it blown up by the media? There has been so much front office turmoil since he was handed power.

According to the media. What's been the turmoil? Tom Gamble getting fired and a crazy experiment with Chip as GM? There is nothing but hearsay that Gamble being fired had anything to do with Roseman, and you can't pin Chip the GM on Roseman either. You going to go back further and say he got Banner kicked out? Maybe it was actually because Lurie thought Roseman was better at the job, and had nothing to do with Roseman wormtongue-ing the situation? Everything is pure speculation honestly. The average fan has no clue what the front office even does, and probably wouldn't acknowledge it other than to boo first round picks if it weren't for the media harping on it.

Godslay

Banned
Elway shows your god elite fan status. Von shows new love.

I got a blue Elway, and blue Romanowski and two Peytons. White road Peyton for sure because he is the current legend, baby!

It's beat to hell because, well it's going on 20 years old. I don't have a white jersey though.

Nice, that Romo one... he was an asshole but goddamn the guy made that defense hard. I've always wanted to get an Atwater jersey. He was probably my favorite player growing up. Just a destroyer on the safety blitz. He was pretty much the first prototype of Kam Chancellor. I usually just end up buying a current player though for whatever reason.

blog_meck_01012011.jpg

Nice. All this is making want to go out and get a white for the game.

Hunter S.

blog_meck_01012011.jpg

200_s.gif

It's beat to hell because, well it's going on 20 years old. I don't have a white jersey though.

Nice, that Romo one... he was an asshole but goddamn the guy made that defense hard. I've always wanted to get an Atwater jersey. He was probably my favorite player growing up. Just a destroyer on the safety blitz. He was pretty much the first prototype of Kam Chancellor. I usually just end up buying a current player though for whatever reason.
I was so young. Romo was just a fierce, white, badass to me as youth. Didn't think about the dirty side of the game then. Just pure fun.

My Elway is newer. Never too late to get

I'm getting worried that he'll put that off till next season. Ertz, Curry and Johnson are the rumored early deals, but I haven't heard much about Cox. I could see a case where they use that money to make sure Bradford comes back, and then use the cap space and cuts available next season to sign Cox. Next year we could dump Maxwell and Murray's contracts alone and save nearly $14M. I wouldn't like this though I want him locked up early.

Honestly I think when Cox gets extended has more to do with the Bradford decision than anything. If they don't pursue Bradford and decide to try to draft a QB then they don't need to make as many moves to cover Cox contract, and they could probably even resign Curry. If they decide to go after Bradford and pay him $15M/year (too much) then they'll probably need to see what they can do to fit Cox in. I'm not really that worried about it yet.

According to the media. What's been the turmoil? Tom Gamble getting fired and a crazy experiment with Chip as GM? There is nothing but hearsay that Gamble being fired had anything to do with Roseman, and you can't pin Chip the GM on Roseman either. You going to go back further and say he got Banner kicked out? Maybe it was actually because Lurie thought Roseman was better at the job, and had nothing to do with Roseman wormtongue-ing the situation? Everything is pure speculation honestly. The average fan has no clue what the front office even does, and probably wouldn't acknowledge it other than to boo first round picks if it weren't for the media harping on it.

I think Banners record speaks for itself, and the fact that he was a childhood friend of the owners makes his firing seem really crazy.

Hindl

Honestly I think when Cox gets extended has more to do with the Bradford decision than anything. If they don't pursue Bradford and decide to try to draft a QB then they don't need to make as many moves to cover Cox contract, and they could probably even resign Curry. If they decide to go after Bradford and pay him $15M/year (too much) then they'll probably need to see what they can do to fit Cox in. I'm not really that worried about it yet.

Yeah you basically said the same thing but better worded. Without Bradford, this becomes easy. With Bradford, it becomes difficult. Also, Bradford is going to get more than $15M a year easy, it's just a question of how much more. So all that becomes more difficult if we retain him, so that's why I think we may push Cox's contract till next year. Also I'd almost guarantee that Vinny Curry is back now and Thornton walks with Jim Schwartz in town. I'm sure he'd love a front 4 of Curry, Logan, Cox, and a rotation of Graham/Barwin/potentially Nkemdiche or Ogbah through the draft

I really want a 75th anniversary Atwater. Another cool one would be Dennis Smith or a throwback Terrell Davis.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In a few years, all the Eagles fans will be reminiscing of the times when they had Chip and Bradford. About the amazing 7 wins they had whilst playing in the worst division in football. Oh wait, they're doing it now.

Godslay

Banned
I was so young. Romo was just a fierce, white, badass to me as youth. Didn't think about the dirty side of the game then. Just pure fun.

My Elway is newer. Never too late to get

Yeah, Romo was something else.

A player like him wouldn't have lasted long in today's era. He was dirty as fuck, but it was a different NFL back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom