• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
fVVUr6y.jpg

Bread

Banned
Boban, minx, bg!!!!

Patch Notes:

Increased Warzone REQ Leveling speed

Increased Warzone weapon despawn time from 5 seconds to 20 seconds

It's happening friends!

Spinluck

Wow I had no clue Scam got payed to play in college

I also didn't know he was a back up for Tebow at Florida before he sinned and stole a laptop. All of your jokes make sense now.

Man, these crazy things you find out about players before the Superbowl.

Line_HTX

Another wasted Texans career :'(

Incoming home field advantage plus first time ever home hosting.

I wish... It is a total longshot. We need way better offensive weapons and QB.

Wow I had no clue Scam got payed to play in college

I also didn't know he was a back up for Tebow at Florida before he sinned and stole a laptop. All of your jokes make sense now.

Man, these crazy things you find out about players before the Superbowl.

That controversy was all over ESPN pretty much that entire season when he was at Auburn.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/26/welcome-to-the-largely-replacement-pro-bowl/
2016 Pro Bowlers

QUARTERBACKS (6)
Tom Brady, New England (replaced by Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay)
Cam Newton, Carolina (replaced by Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo)
Carson Palmer, Arizona (replaced by Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota)
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay (replaced by Derek Carr, Oakland)
Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh (replaced by Eli Manning, New York Giants)
Russell Wilson, Seattle

Look at Russell, doing it for the fans. Such a good guy in this leauge. :)

squicken

Cam Newton's Jersey Sales Lower Than Would be Expected

-According to a Dick’s Sporting Goods report, Kuechly shot all the way up to 4th in their merchandise sales (Newton is 19th in that one). As the Panthers have surged to a great season, it has been Kuechly (who very well could be named Defensive Player of the Year) who has surged in popularity.

-Forty-one of 50 of this year’s top-selling jerseys are offensive players; 18 of those are quarterbacks. So twice as many quarterbacks appear in the top 50 as defensive players.

--Does race play some role? I mean, we aren’t a color-blind society, so probably some, but that’s overly simplistic to say that is the prime factor. Russell Wilson has been #1 over the last three years. Robert Griffin III shattered the sales record during his mercurial rookie season, before crashing to earth. Teddy Bridgewater, from a market more similar in size to Carolina, is right behind Newton in the rankings, and he is far less accomplished in the NFL.

-Ben Roethlisberger is a star quarterback for one of the most popular NFL franchises. While Brady, Rodgers, Manning and Brees tend to always be in the Top 10, Roethlisberger was 38th this year, behind Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell on his own team. Big Ben was 38th last year as well, and 26th two years ago. Relative to his performance, Roethlisberger is another quarterback who lags in jersey sales. Of course, Roethlisberger had allegations of sexual assault against him in the past, and was suspended by the league. But something–perhaps that–is affecting his popularity relatively to his elite quarterback peers.

Line_HTX

So I listened to that 2Chainz song that BG was freaking out about on that Beats Wireless Cam Newton commercial...

Track is good, but dayyum, good thing it was only instrumental in that commercial, ROFL

squicken

Pretty sure everybody in the Carolinas except me already owns a Cam jersey.

I found the Big Ben comparison interesting, b/c the stands of their games mostly have fans with his jersey. But maybe the die hard fans who wear jerseys around town or to a game wouldn't represent the jersey buying population as a whole?

Cam is in no way Ben as far as off field stuff. But I'm curious about people who buy jerseys? Do Steelers fans here buy Ben jerseys? Panthers fans buying Cam jerseys? In Houston it is all Watt. Like I can't remember the last time I saw a non-Watt jersey

Hunter S.

I hate away white jerseys. They get dirty when having game time shenanigans, binging on food and beer.

Damn, Broncos making me wear the away Jersey.

Give updates

Also:

We're keeping Celek! Awesome I wasn't expecting this, glad to see him stick around. Love the guy

Wow I dont get that move at all. I thought that Burton looked good in the limited looks he got. Why tie up more money in the TE position, especially for such an older guy.

Howard Eskin tells WIP that it is "definitive" that the #Eagles will keep Sam Bradford on the team in 2016.

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/691956694826553344

Eskin is 100% the Eagles PR department, so this is great news. First time this offseason that I have been hopeful. Now if they could just bring back Chip.

With the Eagles resigning all these players how are they going to afford giving Bradford 25 million a year?

Howie the great will find a way!

Godslay

Banned
I hate away white jerseys. They get dirty when having game time shenanigans, binging on food and beer.

Damn, Broncos making me wear the away Jersey.

I'm likely just wearing the one I've had the last couple of years, when they switched to Nike. Orange Von. Although I've contemplated wearing the Elway jersey I've had since high school. Super Bowls and Tebow playoff game was won while wearing that one. It's the new blue, not the old D blue, the alternate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom