• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Romo was something else.

A player like him wouldn't have lasted long in today's era. He was dirty as fuck, but it was a different NFL back then.

That's not true. Romo wasn't any dirtier than a guy like Burfict. He would have a place on any roster in the league.

squicken

MLB and US Anti-Doping Agency are working together to investigate the Al Jazeera report on HGH use in sports. The NFL declined to participate

Major League Baseball has asked the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to help its investigation into whether several players named in an Al Jazeera documentary received banned drugs.

The two groups have shared information before but have never cooperated to such a formal extent.

"We've had discussions with USADA and are hopeful that together we can make progress in this investigation," said Dan Halem, MLB's chief legal officer, who oversees baseball's drug program.
The two groups will not be coordinating with the NFL, however. Two lawyers familiar with the MLB/USADA investigation said the NFL declined to coordinate with the other two organizations. The NFL has begun its own, mostly separate, investigation, although investigators in the two parallel efforts have communicated.
The partnership offers obvious benefits for both MLB and USADA. MLB gets USADA's institutional knowledge of the doping world, along with the quasi-governmental agency's extensive contacts with law enforcement. USADA gets to participate in an investigation that involves the nation's most powerful sports leagues, neither of which is under its jurisdiction.

Both bodies will be watching to see how aggressively the NFL pursues its investigation, however. While MLB gained a reputation as a zealous pursuer of PED users through the Biogenesis saga, the NFL has been widely criticized in anti-doping circles as not doing enough to fight the issue.

Godslay

Banned
I really want a 75th anniversary Atwater. Another cool one would be Dennis Smith or a throwback Terrell Davis.

That's not true. Romo wasn't any dirtier than a guy like Burfict. He would have a place on any roster in the league.

If you are going that route, you'll have to throw in the 3 Amigos too. Even though they weren't as great as the players you mentioned. I loved those guys when I was a kid.

20130904__20130905_B9_SP05FBNAMIGOS~p2.jpg

Yeah, you're probably right about Romo and Burfict or even Jones. Although Romo seemed like he always took it to the next level.

Hindl

Interesting so far, played for about 10mins but I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Some creative line puzzles, and a lot of walking.

Pretty game though.

Thanks I've heard it's very abstract and it seems like there isn't a lot of instruction or exposition. It sounds exactly like my type of game but it's reportedly 30+ hours long so I'm curious if it holds up over a long play through

If you are going that route, you'll have to throw in the 3 Amigos too. Even though they weren't as great as the players you mentioned. I loved those guys when I was a kid.

imageDisplay.jsp

Yeah, you're probably right about Romo and Burfict or even Jones. Although Romo seemed like he always took it to the next level.

I used to love Vance Johnson as a kid. Then he stiffed me on an autograph. No longer.

And now the Pro Bowl captains have to try to win selecting from a bunch 2nd rate players. Make the game worth homefield in the SB and they would show up..

Make it flag football and give the players who attend a two week holiday on drug testing and people would show up.

BigAT

Even Burfict has some sort of self control. Romanowski once ripped off a teammate's helmet then punched in the face so hard that he crushed the guy's eye socket and forced him into retirement.

Romanowski was a complete animal.

In a few years, all the Eagles fans will be reminiscing of the times when they had Chip and Bradford. About the amazing 7 wins they had whilst playing in the worst division in football. Oh wait, they're doing it now.

I am definitely reminiscing about it already. Just wait until doup golly gee's himself to a 4-12 record next year.
Negotiating with the big money guys is always different. A lot of times the threat of the franchise tag is used by the teams. They still have Cox under contract for next year so there's no rush to give out any deal that isn't team friendly
Very true. I was just surprised that he would say anything when they do have another year to get it figured out.

Spinluck

Thanks I've heard it's very abstract and it seems like there isn't a lot of instruction or exposition. It sounds exactly like my type of game but it's reportedly 30+ hours long so I'm curious if it holds up over a long play through

Wow, 30hrs seems long, but I feel like it will vary, like Portal for instance. I think it comes down to how quickly you can figure things out.

It will be a nice game to come home and relax with.

Hindl

Wow, 30hrs seems long, but I feel like it will vary, like Portal for instance. I think it comes down to how quickly you can figure things out.

It will be a nice game to come home and relax with.

That's a lowball haha. Jonathan blow says 20-25 hours for the base generally, but said the completionist runs could be anywhere from 50-70 hours

And now the Pro Bowl captains have to try to win selecting from a bunch 2nd rate players. Make the game worth homefield in the SB and they would show up..

Does home-field for the SB even really matter? So you get choice of jersey and the coin flip (which is 50/50 anyways). If it was played in the stadium of the team from the winning conference I can see that as an incentive but that wouldn't work.

Godslay

Banned
I used to love Vance Johnson as a kid. Then he stiffed me on an autograph. No longer.

What? That sucks.

Best guy I've seen sign after a game has been Shannon. Probably signed for about 45 minutes. Entertained the whole time, signed both sides coming out of the tunnel. Would jokingly shit on Chiefs fans (he still signed their stuff), take selfies with the crowd, and just seemed to really be good to the fans. I always wondered if he was a jerk, but he confirmed that he's got a HoF personality to match his accolades on the field.

Even Burfict has some sort of self control. Romanowski once ripped off a teammate's helmet then punched in the face so hard that he crushed the guy's eye socket and forced him into retirement.

The spitting thing was probably the worst. He also kicked Centers in the head, dislocated Sharpe's elbow, broke Collin's jaw. He was homocidal at times.

Let's assume that Romo played the exact same way in today's NFL and did the exact same things off the field that he did, that would have occurred in his 14th season. Not to mention that the additional fines given to players these days have behavioral effects on players.

Like it or not, Romanowski would absolutely make it in today's NFL.

What? That sucks.

Best guy I've seen sign after a game has been Shannon. Probably signed for about 45 minutes. Entertained the whole time, signed both sides coming out of the tunnel. Would jokingly shit on Chiefs fans (he still signed their stuff), take selfies with the crowd, and just seemed to really be good to the fans. I always wondered if he was a jerk, but he confirmed that he's got a HoF personality to match his accolades on the field.

It was a bummer but I was only like 9. That's cool to hear about Shannon. He was awesome.

Dude this is from his press conference last week. I thought it was a new statement. Besides what else do you expect him to say?

"Yeah we are going to suck there is no talent here".

No of course not, I just find it very odd that he is even talking about the NFC championship game when a) his team missed the playoffs last year in a terrible division, and b) the QB situation is totally up in the air.

Hunter S.

A Roman warrior fighting in the days of fire, absolute malice and destruction afflicted by a big D.

With no internet to hear angry war cries of the enemy. Bill thrived, and so did his teams.

not on the raiders though

i

effzee

With the Eagles resigning all these players how are they going to afford giving Bradford 25 million a year?

They can't and won't. He is all yours.

Howard Eskin tells WIP that it is "definitive" that the #Eagles will keep Sam Bradford on the team in 2016.

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/691956694826553344

Eskin is 100% the Eagles PR department, so this is great news. First time this offseason that I have been hopeful. Now if they could just bring back Chip.

Howie the great will find a way!

I don't doubt they might want him back but its not just up to the Eagles. Plus I think some other team, the Texans, will give him more. They need him more. He wants to play closer to home.

Did you see Banner slam Ertz for taking a below market deal?

Banner probably jealous cause these are the deals he used to do for Lurie but then Lurie stabbed him in the back.

MechDX

So Chris was talking Shit about Russell yesterday. Did he realize the Dolphins have to go to Seattle next season?

Oh the day of reckoning is coming......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom