• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So now the Titans staff now has LeBeau, DeShea Townsend and Russ Grimm. The Cards are Steelers-west and the Titans are Steelers-midwest.

Oakman is a monster.

CZqxU5bUUAAqBCD.jpg
I feel wrong....

effzee

According to the media. What's been the turmoil? Tom Gamble getting fired and a crazy experiment with Chip as GM? There is nothing but hearsay that Gamble being fired had anything to do with Roseman, and you can't pin Chip the GM on Roseman either. You going to go back further and say he got Banner kicked out? Maybe it was actually because Lurie thought Roseman was better at the job, and had nothing to do with Roseman wormtongue-ing the situation? Everything is pure speculation honestly. The average fan has no clue what the front office even does, and probably wouldn't acknowledge it other than to boo first round picks if it weren't for the media harping on it.

Yes according to the media. Local beat writers who have been covering the team for decades. They usually know these things.

And it has filtered into the national guys too. Schefte even pointed out that candidates, most notably Coughlin this last time around, had hesitations working for or under Howie.

This also isn't new or just related to Chip. Both YH and I have posted articles about the guys who have left the Eagles FO disgruntled since Howie rose to power. But since those were reported by the "media" it must not be true!

Howie himself mentioned how he needs to improve relationships and change his way of handling his staff and coaches. He just said this last week at the Doug Pederson introduction.

Yeah you basically said the same thing but better worded. Without Bradford, this becomes easy. With Bradford, it becomes difficult. Also, Bradford is going to get more than $15M a year easy, it's just a question of how much more. So all that becomes more difficult if we retain him, so that's why I think we may push Cox's contract till next year. Also I'd almost guarantee that Vinny Curry is back now and Thornton walks with Jim Schwartz in town. I'm sure he'd love a front 4 of Curry, Logan, Cox, and a rotation of Graham/Barwin/potentially Nkemdiche or Ogbah through the draft

I think the Eagles get a deal done for Lane Johnson, Curry, and Cox next. Probably in that order especially since Lane and Curry will be easier.

Cox is going to get paid big and deserves it. Its also why I think Bradford doesn't fit into the plans moving forward. Wentz and combo of Chase Daniels, Sanchez, and or RG3 will compete for opening day QB.

Negotiating with the big money guys is always different. A lot of times the threat of the franchise tag is used by the teams. They still have Cox under contract for next year so there's no rush to give out any deal that isn't team friendly

Yeah and I think people are misreading that tweet cause they assume the deal won't get done.

Two tweets below is his congrats Ertz tweet. Eagles already said they are talking to him plus Cox said after the season ended that "even if it doesn't get done this off season he is getting paid 6M next year and who would be mad at that?"

Tom Penny

A Roman warrior fighting in the days of fire, absolute malice and destruction afflicted by a big D.

With no internet to hear angry war cries of the enemy. Bill thrived, and so did his teams.

not on the raiders though

i

I remember Romo having these fishing tackle boxes of a zillion "suplements" he would take and his little son would take.

Godslay

Banned
I'll be wearing the same Elway jersey that I've worn since the Pittsburgh game.

Elway grant me strength!

:)

So, did Kubes make the right call going with Manning in the second half against San Diego?

Seeing how the team has rallied around Manning, and how Brock has handled it? Yes, I think so. I'll eat that crow. Brock is the better physical option right now, but PM is the better football mind and emotional rally point.

I remember Romo having these fishing tackle boxes of a zillion "suplements" he would take and his little son would take.

Oh yeah, he was a roider. Had to be. I don't think it was uncommon then.

bionic77

So now the Titans staff now has LeBeau, DeShea Townsend and Russ Grimm. The Cards are Steelers-west and the Titans are Steelers-midwest.
The Cards had the 2nd best team in football this year.

They could be playing in the SB if Palmer had not lost the ability to breathe. I can't knock it when it works.

Lets see how copying the Steelers works for the Titans.

Seeing how well it worked for the Cards we should copy the way they copy us!

Spinluck

Seeing how the team has rallied around Manning, and how Brock has handled it? Yes, I think so. I'll eat that crow. Brock is the better physical option right now, but PM is the better football mind and emotional rally point.

Next two weeks will be fun.

I am rooting Broncos for obvious reasons, but my head is telling me CAR. Mainly because Cam has that mold to give DEN defense trouble. The Ben and Luck types that have great pocket presence, and can take some punishment and make throws under pressure. At the same time, I think they can still force some mistakes out of him, but it will be tough because they can run the ball too (something NE didn't really try to do). I think your secondary matches up pretty well for the most part. Everyone keeps saying that Cam is throwing the ball to scrubs, but those dudes get open and make plays (except the Ginn drops lol). That O-line is better than NE's and is a big part of why Cam is balling. Guess that's better than having a bunch of top tier receivers, Olsen is no Gronk but fuck is he a good TE. I think DEN D has to start strong, they can't allow a 3 possession lead in the 1st Q.

In order for the defense to do its thing, the offense is going to have to protect the football. Manning has been really sharp imo, his arm just cannot make all the throws. I cannot remember when it was, but I remember him saying that he'll let the coordinators know when he doesn't think he can make a certain throw. Old news, but it just shows you how limited some of his game has become :'(. Running game has to be better than it was in NE, aside from that 30yd break that CJ got they weren't getting much on the ground. CAR being a zone team might work out in PeyPeys favor but it won't matter if the execution is there. They've steamrolled some good teams in the postseason. Manning is gonna have to play his best game of the year, I don't think the team alone can carry him past this team. They just started shitting on the Cards for fun FFS.

What if Bevell ran the ball...

...and Lynch fumbled it.

I'll be okay with it. We were a running team, and beast mode was the heart and soul of the team. It's like AP fumbling... well you wouldn't even be there without him.

To throw was a bad decision and to not even throw at Doug Baldwin at the very least is just lulz.

Godslay

Banned
Next two weeks will be fun.

I am rooting Broncos for obvious reasons, but my head is telling me CAR. Mainly because Cam has that mold to give DEN defense trouble. The Ben and Luck types that have great pocket presence, and can take some punishment and make throws under pressure. At the same time, I think they can still force some mistakes out of him, but it will be tough because they can run the ball too (something NE didn't really try to do). I think your secondary matches up pretty well for the most part. Everyone keeps saying that Cam is throwing the ball to scrubs, but those dudes get open and make plays (except the Ginn drops lol). That O-line is better than NE's and is a big part of why Cam is balling. Guess that's better than having a bunch of top tier receivers, Olsen is no Gronk but fuck is he a good TE. I think DEN D has to start strong, they can't allow a 3 possession lead in the 1st Q.

In order for the defense to do its thing, the offense is going to have to protect the football. Manning has been really sharp imo, his arm just cannot make all the throws. I cannot remember when it was, but I remember him saying that he'll let the coordinators know when he doesn't think he can make a certain throw. Old news, but it just shows you how limited some of his game has become :'(. Running game has to be better than it was in NE, aside from that 30yd break that CJ got they weren't getting much on the ground. CAR being a zone team might work out in PeyPeys favor but it won't matter if the execution is there. They've steamrolled some good teams in the postseason. Manning is gonna have to play his best game of the year, I don't think the team alone can carry him past this team. They just started shitting on the Cards for fun FFS.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know enough about Carolina to make any accurate assumption of them as a team.

They've got the MVP, and possibly the DPOY. A stout run game, and a very good D from everything I've seen. They've only lost 1 game this year as well, and that doesn't happen to bad teams.

That's all common knowledge though.

To be honest, I feel more like enjoying the game this year than pouring myself into analytical assumptions.

We all know they are underdogs to about the tune of 59% Carolina / 41% Denver. Which is okay, beats the hell out of being favorites like we were a couple of years ago and embarrassed. As long as there are no shenanigans and the team leaves it all out there, I'll be fine either way.

bionic77

I'll be okay with it. We were a running team, and beast mode was the heart and soul of the team. It's like AP fumbling... well you wouldn't even be there without him.

To throw was a bad decision and to not even throw at Doug Baldwin at the very least is just lulz.
Yeah Beast Mode should have ran it or if you wanted the ball in Wussles tiny, frail hands he should have taken off for the end zone. If you don't get in you can still take the timeout and run a last play where Wussle drops back to pass (and in all likelihood runs it in as the play breaks down).

But you didn't so I hate you and your team can go fuck itself forever.

Line_HTX

I legit enjoyed seeing Rawls out there more when Lynch was recovering from injury. Hope that Rawls Future continues when he comes back from ACL.

Yeah Beast Mode should have ran it or if you wanted the ball in Wussles tiny, frail hands he should have taken off for the end zone. If you don't get in you can still take the timeout and run a last play where Wussle drops back to pass (and in all likelihood runs it in as the play breaks down).

But you didn't so I hate you and your team can go fuck itself forever.

You're so mean. Now i see where Gata gets it from. But that's okay one day you will see the light like i have.

As far as the SB goes this Denver team has a much better D than the rhe SB48 team. I think it can go either way but do give the Panthers the edge.

Godslay

Banned
You're so mean. Now i see where Gata gets it from. But that's okay one day you will see the light like i have.

As far as the SB goes this Denver team has a much better D than the rhe SB48 team. I think it can go either way but do give the Panthers the edge.

They won't be considered better unless they win it all, and rightfully so imo.

I wish we still had Tate, he probably would have gotten the ball instead of Lockette. Lockette just kinda fell like a wet noodle when Butler got in there. Tate would have beat his ass.

bionic77

Sometime the truth hurts.

Panther have a huge edge because they are not one dimensional. In today's NFL most teams are great at one thing if they are lucky. The Panthers have an offense that averages 30 points at game and a defense that is going to shut the Broncos the fuck down. Anything can happen in one game but you have to favor the team that has no apparent weaknesses over the team that is only good on one side of the ball.

Thats football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom