• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Yeah, remember when all the Eagles fans wanted Byrd real bad but the Eagles decided they didn't want to spend a premium on a FA with a checkered injury history so they decided to sign Malcolm Jenkins instead? I guess that Howie Roseman guy knows a little more than some fans would like to admit.

Pretty sure Chip had something to do with that as well. Byrd played under Chip at Oregon and Chip basically showed zero interest in him as a FA.

There are known issues Howie and Chip had over players, Marcus Smith for one, but that doesn't mean each move was made in a vacuum without consultation. Guys like Jenkins and Thurmond playing S fit Chip's idea of basically 2 extra corners masquerading around as safeties. Both Jenkins and Thurmond were former corners.

That was Reid's show. I don't put the blame of 09-13 on Howie.
Howie is calling the shots, and he deserves that chance. He has more power now than he's ever had before.

How exactly does he deserve it? Based on what? Locking up young players? Up and coming scout and personnel guys on very successful FOs "deserve" a shot. Howie doesn't fit that mold.

I am perfectly fine with them signing Bradford for another year, as long as they are drafting a QB or trading for a young prospect QB to red shirt for the year. In fact, I would encourage it, especially if it's on the cheap.

MechDX

I am perfectly fine with them signing Bradford for another year, as long as they are drafting a QB or trading for a young prospect QB to red shirt for the year. In fact, I would encourage it, especially if it's on the cheap.

I'm all for it as well. Another team in the first round not likely to take a QB

#BasedHowie

effzee

I keep hearing commentators say that Bradford will go for $12-13M now that the Texans aren't interested. I remember when I said that's all he was worth and you guys shot me down saying he'd go for much more. I still don't believe he'll get more than that! Hold on to hope and not overpaying average QBs.

Oh he is worth far less based on his actual play but the point was in FA QB market with no other viable options and a weak (perceived at least) draft class, his market value would be around 16-18M. And teams who believe in him wouldn't be overpaying him to get him at that price if that is the market value with the cap going up every year.

Now if these rumors are true and the Eagles can get him on a very team friendly "prove it" deal I'd be ecstatic. I am not the biggest fan or believer of his, but I'd rather take a risk on him AND draft a QB to groom. If the Eagles can sign him to a friendly deal and still take one of the top available QBs in the first or second they would be taking the highest percentage chances at finding the right QB for the team.

Still not sold on the rumors though. Safest bet is they let him walk, sign Chase Daniels, and then draft one of the top 2-3 guys available at pick #13.

I'd have respected Mathis more if he said it a year ago. Instead he said he didn't ask to be released (he did) and then kept quiet all season. I still love the guy and wish he had never been released and was still and Eagle though.

Exactly. He wanted more money to stay but all of sudden it was an issue with Chip or how the offense played? No shit it was predictable or scaled down. The whole point was tempo and exhausting defenses. OH and it tired the Eagles own D? You don't say tell me more Evan.

He also lied about asking to be released and played it up like he never did ask.

A lot of these former players who now have an issue with Chip didn't want to be traded or cut by the Eagles/Chip. They enjoyed playing for him, this offense, and the team overall. Otherwise you would have seen these players and others begging to be cut or traded as a result of Chip, not bitching after the fact when they were moved.

Spinluck

4qLvfaE.png

Amazing job Broncos.

Can Peyton become an Eagle too on a prove it deal?

How do you prove that you did or didn't put your balls on a woman for no reason

Ah. I missed that one.

effzee

They almost have to take another QB early if Bradford is being brought back on a "prove it" deal. Means they like him or liked his progress but don't fully buy into him. Why else would it be prove it?

You still have to draft a QB early and hope one of the 2 works out. With the new CBA drafting a high isn't the end of the world so I'd rather they take their chances at 13 even if Bradford is brought back.

I'm all for it as well. Another team in the first round not likely to take a QB

#BasedHowie

Not necessarily. They could still take a QB at 13. Probably eliminates need to move up but if BPA at 13 is a QB they could and should take. Hell they could trade down a few spots, pick up a 2nd, and still draft a QB before pick #22.

Houston's only chance is to last minute overpay for Bradford (20M per year).

Would Bradford really sign another 1 year deal?

The market for QBs is a lot more bearish than i thought if that's true.

Doesn't his chance if injury go up significantly in the new offense? He can't scramble like Alex Smith

Hindl

If Bradford is available for $11-$13M that would be amazing. Draft one of the DL freaks in the 1st and then take one of the lesser QBs like a Dak Prescott in the later rounds. Bring Bradford back and let them sit for 1-2 years and try to grow the prospect while the rest of the team is built up

Who else is even interested in Bradford?

San Francisco? Would Chip go after him again? He's not going back to the Rams. He apparently already turned down Cleveland to come to the Eagles. The Texans have expressed more interest in drafting than signing him. Bills and Jets are probably set where they are. I don't think he's going to draw as much interest in free agency as some people are saying.

MechDX

San Francisco? Would Chip go after him again? He's not going back to the Rams. He apparently already turned down Cleveland to come to the Eagles. The Texans have expressed more interest in drafting than signing him. Bills and Jets are probably set where they are. I don't think he's going to draw as much interest in free agency as some people.

Actually the Texans havent expressed, implied, suggested, jack shit. NRG is on damn lockdown mode and no news on anything is getting out.

There hasnt even been leaked "rumors" this year. Everything being "reported" is 100% speculation on the reporters part with not even a sliver of info from the organization

San Francisco? Would Chip go after him again? He's not going back to the Rams. He apparently already turned down Cleveland to come to the Eagles. The Texans have expressed more interest in drafting than signing him. Bills and Jets are probably set where they are. I don't think he's going to draw as much interest in free agency as some people are saying.

The lions need a new QB

Actually the Texans havent expressed, implied, suggested, jack shit. NRG is on damn lockdown mode and no news on anything is getting out.

There hasnt even been leaked "rumors" this year. Everything being "reported" is 100% speculation on the reporters part with not even a sliver of info from the organization

Really? I thought I saw a rumor that they were set on drafting.

The lions need a new QB

Are you kidding? The kas's know that Stafford is the best.

MechDX

Really? I thought I saw a rumor that they were set on drafting.

Are you kidding? The kas's know that Stafford is the best.

McNair made a comment about finally getting a franchise QB and that there were choices in the draft. McNair, since his cancer recovery, says a lot of things publicly.

bionic77

lawyer-gaf whats the legality of a police department acting as if they are garbage men to college a certain homes trash to see if there is any just cause to go and then obtain a search warrant for a drug raid?
Haven't practiced criminal law in over a decade so take this with a grain of salt but that sounds illegal as fuck and any evidence they get from that should be excluded from trial.

I don't think they can search your trash unless something shady is visible from the street or another exception applies without a warrant.

Hand size thing is interesting. I thought it was said that Rodgers had some gigantic mits? He falls in line with about the average size.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47036/311/exploring-qb-hand-size
Doesn't he have a really small dick or is that Brent? Or both of them?

What is up with Packer qbs posting dick pics online btw? Especially guys with small wangs. It might make sense if you had a dick like that Viking player or whoever they showed on tv.

jakncoke

Banned
Haven't practiced criminal law in over a decade so take this with a grain of salt but that sounds illegal as fuck and any evidence they get from that should be excluded from trial.

I don't think they can search your trash unless something shady is visible from the street or another exception applies without a warrant.

Doesn't he have a really small dick or is that Brent? Or both of them?

What is up with Packer qbs posting dick pics online btw? Especially guys with small wangs. It might make sense if you had a dick like that Viking player or whoever they showed on tv.

They've done it about 5 times over the year+ ive been here and what ive been told they've seem to have done this forever. As they did it again today a coworker were talking among ourselves the legality of that. Seems pretty shady yeah though

bionic77

They've done it about 5 times over the year+ ive been here and what ive been told they've seem to have done this forever. As they did it again today a coworker were talking among ourselves the legality of that. Seems pretty shady yeah though
You could videotape it and the ACLU would gladly skull fuck your local police department. Hell a private law firm would probably take the case too.

Personally I wouldn't fuck with the police unless I had to. It's a goal of mine to never get shot in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom