• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sorry I'm all out of fucks to give for the 49ers.

jerry-rice-fumble-IFB02S-e1357494060444.jpg

squicken

My only solace is that I'm not sure if we could have beaten the Vikings that year.

Watching them choke against the Falcons was delicious.

It would have robbed us of the Owens catch

Anyone who thinks current announcers are bad, listen to Summerall's call. Can't even tell if it registered to him how important the play was. Almost like he's just parroting what the spotter tells him

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Anyone who thinks current announcers are bad, listen to Summerall's call. Can't even tell if it registered to him how important the play was. Almost like he's just parroting what the spotter tells him

Wow that was horrible...I didn't even remember the broadcast because I was too busy being pissed off and young.

It's like he was ordering off the menu at a McDonald's.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If Calvin retires then it's a good thing the lions took a WR a couple years ago in the first round

:jnc

Ebron doubled his stats from his rookie year and I think he's going to be a solid player. He needs to cut down on the drops but if Megatron retires his stats will continue to go up.

He's only 22 years old and 47 receptions, 537 yards, 5 TDs at a 11.4 yard per catch average. That's on a team with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate and Theo Riddick.

He's obviously not Aaron Donald or OBJ but I think Ebron will have a solid possibly great career.

squicken

Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41
Senior Bowl: OSU WR Braxton Miller (6-1, 204) has ridiculous change of direction speed. So athletic. Better route runner than I expected.

I've read lots of positive impressions of him from media guys there. Seems like he can get drafted by Pittsburgh or GB and be a Pro Bowler or drafter by the Browns or Rams and never get on the field

effzee

Happy Eagles are keeping the sports science stuff Chip brought over. They were one of the healthiest teams over the past 3 seasons so hope that continues.

Also hope Doug incorporates some of the concepts Chip was running and randomly plays uptempo hurry up offense.

squicken

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff
I am pretty shocked Chip Kelly just hired this guy as his DC. One thing is clear, Chip was scrambling after Vrabel said "Na I'm good"

I really cannot believe the 49ers hired Jim O'Neil. He's one of the worst DCs I have seen. The Browns have talent. He just didn't use it well. Should have kept Mangini when Vrabel said no

Much prefer that than the modern trend of getting hyperbolic about everything that happens.

I thought the best part of the Browns team was the defense was it not? Hard to dissect shit from shit but that was my thoughts when we played them. But then again Peyton was struggling against everyone.

brentech

I thought the best part of the Browns team was the defense was it not? Hard to dissect shit from shit but that was my thoughts when we played them. But then again Peyton was struggling against everyone.

This season, I think their offense was the better unit. Which says a lot when a team can't run.

squicken

No team had a higher % of its cap towards the defense. They had something like 8 former first rounders on their starting unit. And they were dreadful. Last year they couldn't stop the run and this year they upgrading to not stopping the pass either. And they have never pressured the QB despite all the supposed genius of the Rex Ryan/Mike Pettine defense

Pepiope

That's great news. Glad we're keeping him!

To bad we couldn't keep Chip..
Idk. I'm getting excited about Dougie Phresh. The man has a plan.

The thing I hated most about Chip is that he never allowed Bradford to switch the plays up. That never made sense to me as Bradford is more than capable of reading a D and making adjustments on the fly.

However, he's gonna do well with dumbass Kaep in SF. Can't wait till next year!

In all honesty Browns haven't been able to stop the run literally in years, it's very sad.
Cardelle in the first Braxton in the second.

#Dream Team
First I thought you were purposely spelling his name wrong, but now I'm honestly not sure you know his name.......

are you loser shaming in the loser thread?

I wouldn't be here had BG not gotten the other thread locked.

And I'm not prepared for the offseason (I haven't done my homework on the 100 QBs sure to bust coming out in the draft yet!). So it's pretty much Yanet Garcia gifs and Panthers facts from me for the next week until the lifelong thread pops up in the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom