• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sam Bradford has been in the league long enough to know what type of QB he is. He's not a Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady who has the arm strength to stand in the pocket and make throws into double coverage 25-30 yards down the field with pure arm strength and accuracy.

... so hes not an NFL QB then.

I don't get the rationale of teams hitching their wagons back to their incumbent QBs who were never any good in the first place. At least Cousins has flashes of looking like a good QB, thats more than what you can say about Bradford.

Eh, at least it's only two years...Still would have preferred a clean break with him.

I think the Eagles are betting on Sam Bradford being a Game Managing QB like Alex Smith. Run the ball, get those crucial 3rd and 5 3rd and 6 plays where he can make a smart read and move the chains.

What the Eagles do have is Jim Schwartz as a DC and he's a great DC. He'll be bring the heat on opposing QBs with blitz packages and that type of defense if ran properly will get turnovers.

If I were the Eagles GM I would be mainly focusing on drafting defensive players for Schwartz. Sam Bradford has been in the league long enough to know what type of QB he is. He's not a Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady who has the arm strength to stand in the pocket and make throws into double coverage 25-30 yards down the field with pure arm strength and accuracy.

You're right Kas. Bradford isn't even half the man the Stafford is.

Hindl

I think the Eagles are betting on Sam Bradford being a Game Managing QB like Alex Smith. Run the ball, get those crucial 3rd and 5 3rd and 6 plays where he can make a smart read and move the chains.

What the Eagles do have is Jim Schwartz as a DC and he's a great DC. He'll be bring the heat on opposing QBs with 4-3 blitz packages and that type of defense if ran properly will get turnovers.

If I were the Eagles GM I would be mainly focusing on drafting defensive players for Schwartz. Sam Bradford has been in the league long enough to know what type of QB he is. He's not a Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady who has the arm strength to stand in the pocket and make throws into double coverage 25-30 yards down the field with pure arm strength and accuracy.

I actually agree with you. The strength of this team is going to be the defense. That's why I want the 13th pick to ideally be spent on one of the defensive players coming out this draft

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You're right Kas. Bradford isn't even half the man the Stafford is.

He's not half the QB Matthew Stafford is if we're going by any measurable that ranks QBs. He will never put up the stats the Stafford can, he does not have Stafford's accuracy or even leadership and putting the team on his back and making throws to help his team win games.

How many 4th quarter comeback victories does Bradford when compared to Stafford?

gutshot

I actually agree with you. The strength of this team is going to be the defense. That's why I want the 13th pick to ideally be spent on one of the defensive players coming out this draft

Really? I think our defense already has a good supply of young talent. We desperately need to rebuild the OL right now. Definitely see the Eagles going OL in the first round.

MechDX

I'm guessing your hoping to get Cook or Lynch since Wentz is being damned into Cleveland and Goff should be taken by someone prior to you.

Wentz, Goff, Cook, Hack , Lynch

In that order. With the Eagles likely out it only leave the Browns, Niners and Rams in front of us. RG3 signing somewhere can improve this more in our favor

Wentz, Goff, Cook, Hack , Lynch

In that order. With the Eagles likely out it only leave the Browns, Niners and Rams in front of us. RG3 signing somewhere can improve this more in our favor

I actually think since it's a short deal it's more likely they draft a QB in the first round now. All of the QBs are projects in this draft, and two years behind another starter is what they need.

Hindl

Really? I think our defense already has a good supply of young talent. We desperately need to rebuild the OL right now. Definitely see the Eagles going OL in the first round.

I agree, it's just the elite defensive talent available in this draft is outstanding. Grabbing a Sheldon Rankins or Spence or Nkemdiche, or grabbing VH3 might be too much to pass up. I also don't think the OL talent is there at 13. Well except for Tunsil but he's not falling. If we're taking an OL, I'd want to trade back to the lower teens to recoup a 2nd, and then grab either Ronnie Stanley or Conklin. Otherwise, grab one of the defensive freaks. Regardless of what they choose, spend later picks on OL too.

gutshot

I agree, it's just the elite defensive talent available in this draft is outstanding. Grabbing a Sheldon Rankins or Spence or Nkemdiche might be too much to pass up. I also don't think the OL talent is there at 13. Well except for Tunsil but he's not falling. If we're taking an OL, I'd want to trade back to the lower teens to recoup a 2nd, and then grab either Ronnie Stanley or Conklin. Otherwise, grab one of the defensive freaks. Regardless of what they choose, spend later picks on OL too.

Yeah, I think if they are going OL they will trade back. I'd really love to see them trade back, recoup a 2nd, draft Conklin in the 1st and then whichever top QB prospect is still there in the 2nd. That would be perfect.

Failing that, grabbing an elite defensive prospect at 13 is fine, but you are going to have to load up on late round OL projects and hope one pans out.

Either way, it should be interesting with Howie running the show. He loves to make draft day moves.

MechDX

I actually think since it's a short deal it's more likely they draft a QB in the first round now. All of the QBs are projects in this draft, and two years behind another starter is what they need.

If all the QBs are projects why waste a first round pick? Get Hogan or Dak in rounds 3-5

Hunter S.

We need more Brock.

Unless there is another fax malfunction I am pretty sure Von is staying where he wants to.

brock-erin-osweiler.jpg

Hindl

Yeah, I think if they are going OL they will trade back. I'd really love to see them trade back, recoup a 2nd, draft Conklin in the 1st and then whichever top QB prospect is still there in the 2nd. That would be perfect.

Failing that, grabbing an elite defensive prospect at 13 is fine, but you are going to have to load up on late round OL projects and hope one pans out.

Either way, it should be interesting with Howie running the show. He loves to make draft day moves.

Yeah that's my ideal draft too. Although for me, I think the top QBs might be gone in the 2nd, and the gap to the next one might make that a reach. I'd want to either grab a Corey Coleman/Leonte Carroo there, or a Cody Whitehair for the OL. Then try to target someone like Dak Prescott in the 3rd. All assuming we don't grab a defensive guy at 13

rando14

How did Bradford get less money than Wilson? Better QB = More money, right?

Then again I still can't believe Foles got less money than Wilson too!!

Women in their early 30s want to watch friends episodes, play some boring board game at some boring dinner party, they want a husband that wants the highlight of their day to be smoking brisket. Kill me now.

Find a new woman, most women i have dated or just fooled around in their 30's are highly fucking sexual....my ex-gf is a freak i couldn't keep up with, and now she wants to have a kid and chose me as the sperm donor, I refused...

JABEE

Why not just tag him?
I guess if he plays really well, they won't have to use the tag again or sign him to a huge long term deal to avoid him walking.

LaCanfora is skeptical that the guarantee is as high as the number being reported.

What the Eagles do have is Jim Schwartz as a DC and he's a great DC. He'll be bring the heat on opposing QBs with 4-3 blitz packages and that type of defense if ran properly will get turnovers.

Tom Brady doesn't have that sort of arm strength and accuracy anymore. I guess if he can huck it to Gronk in double coverage so that he can go up an get it, then he can be pretty effective deep down field.

That sort of thing reminds me of another quarterback.....

That's probably about the level he will perform to. Good deal, assuming the rest of the "guaranteed" money is actually a 2017 roster bonus.
It will be very interesting to see how he does in Doug's offense. I am not sure if the rams ever ran a wco with Bradford at qb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom