• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady doesn't have that sort of arm strength and accuracy anymore. I guess if he can huck it to Gronk in double coverage so that he can go up an get it, then he can be pretty effective deep down field.

That sort of thing reminds me of another quarterback.....

You'll have to excuse Kas he hasn't watched any football in non gif form in years

My god the eagles might be decent this year. Sam and the offense will be at least ok if they can improve the OL, and the D should be vastly improved.

brentech

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Mason Crosby re-signs with GB for 4 years, per source.

eb90ab20-1898-0133-4633-0a2ca390b447.gif

JABEE

Andrew Brandt said:
Some details on Bradford/Eagles deal: of $26M total guarantee, $22M fully guaranteed upon signing. $18M in 2016, up to $20M w/playoff wins.

$22 million is the real guaranteed money.

JABEE

People are saying the Bradford deal is essentially a franchise tag with a 12.5 million dollar cap hit and an option.

eznark

Banned
haha Russ launched a clothing line called Good Man. Amazing.

$22m....should have just tagged him. There is no way last year wasn't basically his high point. Learning a new offense, new HC, East probably won't be quite as bad...it all scream regression to his mean and a cheaper 2017 Badford.

People are saying the Bradford deal is essentially a franchise tag with a 12.5 million dollar cap hit and an option.
Isn't the cap for QB's $14m this year? They guaranteed him $22.

JABEE

haha Russ launched a clothing line called Good Man. Amazing.

$22m....should have just tagged him. There is no way last year wasn't basically his high point. Learning a new offense, new HC, East probably won't be quite as bad...it all scream regression to his mean and a cheaper 2017 Badford.
It lowers his cap hit for this season.

BigAT

"Some details on Bradford/Eagles deal: of $26M total guarantee, $22M fully guaranteed upon signing. $18M in 2016, up to $20M w/playoff wins."

Why didn't they just say he gets an extra $2 million for each Unicorn Horn he produces?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt 11m11 minutes ago

Bradford details continued: $11M signing bonus, $7M salary in 2016. $4M of 2017 salary fully guaranteed, another $4M guaranteed for injury.
127 retweets 54 likes
Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt 19m19 minutes ago

Some details on Bradford/Eagles deal: of $26M total guarantee, $22M fully guaranteed upon signing. $18M in 2016, up to $20M w/playoff wins.

LOL

eznark

Banned
I really do not understand why they structured the deal the way they did. They better have some other moves (cox extension?) coming up to lock themselves into Bradford for two years like that. It may as well be fully guaranteed the way they spread the cap hit.

Doomsayer

Am I reading this contract right?

He has $22 million guaranteed even if he is cut after this next season?

Wouldn't it have been smarter to tag him and save ~$8 million?

eznark

Banned
Am I reading this contract right?

He has $22 million guaranteed even if he is cut after this next season?

Wouldn't it have been smarter to tag him and save ~$8 million?

Yes. And they only took less than half his potential cap hit this year, so it's more like they fully guaranteed his two years. Howie is fucking dumpster tier. No wonder no one wants to be in that front office.

Doomsayer

Yes. And they only took less than half his potential cap hit this year, so it's more like they fully guaranteed his two years. Howie is fucking dumpster tier. No wonder no one wants to be in that front office.

Holy shit, I thought I was reading something incorrectly.

That is really, really fucking stupid.

squicken

eagles decline to use the franchise tag on bradford... so they can give him more money than what the tag would have given him? what?

Chip screwed up their cap. Bradford has only like a $12.5 cap hit in year one. Tag would have been $20m. But big cap hit if Philly dumps him after just one year, unlike Cousins situation

gutshot

Basically it is a two-year franchise tag that costs a little more than a one-year franchise tag. Right?

Whatever. I'm just happy they didn't sign him to some stupid long term extension.

eznark

Banned
Chip screwed up their cap. Bradford has only like a $12.5 cap hit in year one. Tag would have been $20m. But big cap hit if Philly dumps him after just one year, unlike Cousins situation

Wonder if Pederson would have taken the job if he had known he'd be stuck with Bradford for two years. Pretty fucking awful situation to find yourself in.

Pepiope

I really do not understand why they structured the deal the way they did. They better have some other moves (cox extension?) coming up to lock themselves into Bradford for two years like that. It may as well be fully guaranteed the way they spread the cap hit.
They do have the Cox extension. That's going to get done. We're building a core, which Bradford is apart of. No problem at all with this deal. Bradford is worth it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Woke up with a cold and slept in today, still feel like shit.

Too much garbage to sift through since I last logged on, so other mods gonna do a sweep instead at soime point. I ain't have time for this shit anymore after all the warnings I've already posted.

Back to bed. Hopefully back on more tomorrow.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Basically it is a two-year franchise tag that costs a little more than a one-year franchise tag. Right?

Whatever. I'm just happy they didn't sign him to some stupid long term extension.

Some stupid long term extension would've barely cost more money and kept his rights. Cam got $22.5M on a 5 year deal. Rodgers got $33M on a 5 year deal. Ben got $31M on a 5 year deal. Badford got $24M on a 2 year deal.

72% guaranteed money. Unreal.

squicken

Wonder if Pederson would have taken the job if he had known he'd be stuck with Bradford for two years. Pretty fucking awful situation to find yourself in.

He still gets to draft a QB. That QB just won't play year one. I think if Pederson really liked Chase Daniel that is the direction they would have gone. With all of Lurie's talk about collaboration I suspect Pederson has a big voice in this stuff, even if Howie is the GM

I think SF's issues with Kap are what forced their hand a bit, though. They probably thought they could have got off cheaper. But Chip may have wanted Bradford as a bridge guy while his drafted QB rode the bench a year or two

squicken

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
Bradford gets fully secured $22M, $2M more than Tag w/playoff upside. Eagles get 2nd year option with $4M risk, another $4M if major injury.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
#Eagles would owe Bradford $4M in 2017 regardless of if they pay the bonus, but that's the trigger. Cut him, and they take a $9.5M dead hit.

All those old deals don't account for big spike in cap. And CAR bought out a cheap year on Cam's deal, so that's not apples to apples

gutshot

Some stupid long term extension would've barely cost more money and kept his rights. Cam got $22.5M on a 5 year deal. Rodgers got $33M on a 5 year deal. Ben got $31M on a 5 year deal. Badford got $24M on a 2 year deal.

72% guaranteed money. Unreal.

Looked up Cam's contract and it was $41M fully guaranteed. Not sure where you are getting your numbers.

And Bradford is getting $22M fully guaranteed.

BigAT

By all accounts Pederson seems to like Bradford? Which as a fan would make me incredibly worried about the coach my team just hired if that is actually the case.

Deal seems to make sense for the Eagles if and only if you're incredibly high on Bradford and think he will outperform most reasonable expectations.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looked up Cam's contract and it was $41M fully guaranteed. Not sure where you are getting your numbers.

And Bradford is getting $22M fully guaranteed.

I try only to count actually guaranteed money in the guaranteed money. i.e. signing bonuses. The rest is generally agent hocus pocus.

e - It's actually $30M for Cam then, they weren't going to cut him before his initial roster bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom