• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

It would be cool if the Browns won the Super Bowl next season. Once in a blue moon the Super Bowl falls on my bday, and next year it does again! Go Browns! #ImTheLuckCharm

If the Browns make a super bowl that is being held in Houston I will move to Boise Idaho never to be heard from again

YH, who do you hate more, the Yankees or the Pats?

The Yankees aren't even the evil empire anymore. They're like Kylo Ren's version of the evil empire. The Rebels won and every team has a mega television deal.
Both. The pats cheated all of America out of 4 rightful champions, the Yankees out spent other teams and ruined the salary structure of baseball. The Yankees crimes really hurt all the small markets teams, while the pats hurt all teams.

squicken

I'm okay with this. He gave us our only SB win and took us out of the Mora era.

He also gave us Clipboard Jesus, HoFlynn and some guy name Russell or something.

Pete had the team 7-9 back to back years and Schneider insisted on drafting Russell in the 3rd. Schneider is the true deity

Godslay

Banned
Parent-GAF? Even worse. Don't you have friends episodes to watch while smoking a brisket. :)

That's right. I've punched my ticket to immortality, my lineage will carry on. While you flush yours down the toilet... but you seem like a guy that will never have kids. Each to their own I suppose.

Brisket is good, and I like to smoke salmon over red meat though. More of a Seinfeld guy if we are going back to that era.

Both. The pats cheated all of America out of 4 rightful champions, the Yankees out spent other teams and ruined the salary structure of baseball. The Yankees crimes really hurt all the small markets teams, while the pats hurt all teams.

Yeah but it's baseball

who_gives_a_shit.gif

I will be on tonight checking out the free dlc.

Sure, wait till I have to go to bed and BG has no time for games. Not even Chip Kelly would be this blatant :(

I'll take that as a vote for the Yankees then..

1) you may be right.
2) were you not posting about cricket in the offseason? That's basically British Baseball.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I'm not even joking, what you just said is worse than anything the Pats will ever do.

Lol I'm sure bread told you about putting me on Auto. It's a fun league but personally not sure if I'll go on. I just generally don't play enough video games on a regular basis. The past months in the league is probably the most I've consistently played games in awhile, and even then I didn't get a ton of games in. Idk I've just been kinda off and on with video games in general as of late. This is kinda one of those it's not you its me speeches .....

Nooooooooooooooooooo :(

I had planned on winning the Owl this year then retiring so I could devote my energy into coaching you up and bringing glory to the Cleve :(

Pepiope

Please don't do this. Pederson is garbage. Kotite 2.0
We just don't know that yet. So far I've liked everything he's done. The staff he's brought in, the key young guys he wants to lock up for the future, he's trying to bring Bradford back, etc.

I will complain when he gives me something to complain about.

squicken

We just don't know that yet. So far I've liked everything he's done. The staff he's brought in, the key young guys he wants to lock up for the future, he's trying to bring Bradford back, etc.

I will complain when he gives me something to complain about.

His staff is better than what Chip has in SF, and he's got all of Chip's milkshake guys still around. Chips' DC hire in SF is so bad. It would sap my enthusiasm for that team by about 70% were I a 49ers fan. It's clear Chip isn't going to get good coaches on defense

cdyhybrid

His staff is better than what Chip has in SF, and he's got all of Chip's milkshake guys still around. Chips' DC hire in SF is so bad. It would sap my enthusiasm for that team by about 70% were I a 49ers fan. It's clear Chip isn't going to get good coaches on defense

Good thing they aren't in a division where they'd have to play Russell Wilson and regular-season Carson Palmer four times a year!

Pepiope

His staff is even better than what Chip originally brought in with Philly. How Billy Davis outlasted Chip here....No one will ever know.

We have 3 former QBs coaching now. One of those mofos better know how to draw up some plays.

How am I wrong? Please explain this to me. The basic rules of cricket are the same as baseball. Where am I wrong Boban?

Baseball is for lazy commies, cricket is for people who love freedom and possess both patience and more than a handful of working brain cells.

In baseball, you have a limited area within which you can hit the ball because who knows, perhaps the remedial kids who end up playing the game would be too confused by the thought of a playing area that extends beyond their peripheral vision.

In cricket there is no foul territory and you can put the ball anywhere in a 360 degree arc, because this is a free country and you can hit the ball wherever you like.

In baseball, if you get a hit and get onto base then your at bat is over and it's the turn of the next person. These are the rules of a game you would play in school where the teacher is required to make sure every kid gets their turn otherwise they cry.

In cricket you bat until the fielding team can get you out, if that takes them hours then tough shit. They should get better, why should you be forced to end your turn early because your opponent is incompetent? If I hit the ball out of the stadium, you better believe I want to stay here and have another go.

In baseball, if you're out then don't cry because you'll get another chance when everyone else has had their turn. Again, this is clearly for eight year old school kids.

In cricket, if you're out then that's it. You had your turn and you fucked it up, sit down and don't come back.

In baseball if the ball goes anywhere near the batter there's a decent chance that players will run towards each other and pretend that they want to have a fight. This is because they are all fully aware that they are playing a game for children and will leap at the slightest chance to show that their balls have dropped.

In cricket do you know what happens when the batsman gets hit? Nothing. Well, unless he's been hospitalised in which case he needs to be taken off the field. Otherwise nobody starts a pretend fight or any foolishness like that because you have a bat in your hand. Either hit the ball or get out of the way, if you didn't do either of those then it's your own fault you got hit. Be a grown up and do better next time.

The foul territory plays into the fielding aspect too, in cricket you have nine fielders (not including the bowler and keeper) who have to cover 360 degrees. This puts a huge amount of responsibility on the fielding captain to place his fielders into the correct positions, taking into account the batsman, the bowler, the conditions on the ground and all kinds of other shit. In other words, you actually need to think.

In baseball you have seven fielders (not including the pitcher and catcher) who have to cover a 90 degree arc and because, as we discussed earlier, the kinds of people who play and enjoy baseball are generally mentally disabled fielding strategy rarely gets more complicated than "move two steps to your left" or "everybody come in a bit closer in case he bunts".

It's late and I'm going to have to go bed in a bit otherwise I'd explain in more depth but please, never, EVER, say something as disrespectful as comparing baseball to cricket again.

Baseball is for lazy commies, cricket is for people who love freedom and possess both patience and more than a handful of working brain cells.

In baseball, you have a limited area within which you can hit the ball because who knows, perhaps the remedial kids who end up playing the game would be too confused by the thought of a playing area that extends beyond their peripheral vision.

In cricket there is no foul territory and you can put the ball anywhere in a 360 degree arc, because this is a free country and you can hit the ball wherever you like.

In baseball, if you get a hit and get onto base then your at bat is over and it's the turn of the next person. These are the rules of a game you would play in school where the teacher is required to make sure every kid gets their turn otherwise they cry.

In cricket you bat until the fielding team can get you out, if that takes them hours then tough shit. They should get better, why should you be forced to end your turn early because your opponent is incompetent? If I hit the ball out of the stadium, you better believe I want to stay here and have another go.

In baseball, if you're out then don't cry because you'll get another chance when everyone else has had their turn. Again, this is clearly for eight year old school kids.

In cricket, if you're out then that's it. You had your turn and you fucked it up, sit down and don't come back.

In baseball if the ball goes anywhere near the batter there's a decent chance that players will run towards each other and pretend that they want to have a fight. This is because they are all fully aware that they are playing a game for children and will leap at the slightest chance to show that their balls have dropped.

In cricket do you know what happens when the batsman gets hit? Nothing. Well, unless he's been hospitalised in which case he needs to be taken off the field. Otherwise nobody starts a pretend fight or any foolishness like that because you have a bat in your hand. Either hit the ball or get out of the way, if you didn't do either of those then it's your own fault you got hit. Be a grown up and do better next time.

The foul territory plays into the fielding aspect too, in cricket you have nine fielders (not including the bowler and keeper) who have to cover 360 degrees. This puts a huge amount of responsibility on the fielding captain to place his fielders into the correct positions, taking into account the batsman, the bowler, the conditions on the ground and all kinds of other shit. In other words, you actually need to think.

In baseball you have seven fielders (not including the pitcher and catcher) who have to cover a 90 degree arc and because, as we discussed earlier, the kinds of people who play and enjoy baseball are generally mentally disabled fielding strategy rarely gets more complicated than "move two steps to your left" or "everybody come in a bit closer in case he bunts".

It's late and I'm going to have to go bed in a bit otherwise I'd explain in more depth but please, never, EVER, say something as disrespectful as comparing baseball to cricket again.

must be the offseason

bionic77

I don't know a damn thing about cricket and boban has convinced me that it is better than baseball.

I can admit that and I can also admit that I did not really read anything boban wrote.

A better debate is whether baseball is actually better than any other sport?

WedgeX

Banned
I don't know a damn thing about cricket and boban has convinced me that it is better than baseball.

I can admit that and I can also admit that I did not really read anything boban wrote.

What's next, saluting the Queen?

boban has me convinced. Cricket is the superior bat and ball sport I never watch

I'm OK with this.

I'm not trying to convince everybody that they should love cricket, people just have different tastes. Some people love booty, others love boobs, some people love both and some of us enjoy nothing more than staring at our reflection while thinking about the new Ikea range.

I just needed to show Floyd why he shouldn't compare a proper sport with a game for retarded children.

cdyhybrid

It's better than soccer.

boban has me convinced. Cricket is the superior bat and ball sport I never watch

Boban typed a lot of words, and I won't take the time to read them all. But judging by his effort, Boban is right.

These posts sum up my feelings exactly.

squicken

Cricket does have some of the best ever shit talk. I cannot remember where I heard these but the gist of them:

“So how’s your wife & my kids?”

“The wife is fine but the kids are retarded”
"Why are you so fat"

"Because every time I fuck your wife she gives me a biscuit."

I like both baseball and cricket. :)

You are mostly a good person, hence your ability to enjoy cricket.

However, as we are all well aware, you are a tortured soul full of self loathing and while this normally manifests itself as genital immolation sometimes that's not enough. When you feel the need to really punish yourself, you do what no self-respecting man would do and watch a baseball game.

squicken

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...m-sean-mannion-quarterback-competition-012616

Les Snead wouldn't say the Los Angeles Rams have buyer's remorse about trading for Nick Foles.

However, there is something that the general manager does regret about the 2015 season and it's a mistake he doesn't plan for the franchise to make again.
"If I learned one thing last year we should have let the quarterbacks have a competition from the start and the best man win instead of just passing the torch to Nick," Snead told co-host Mark Dominik and me on SiriusXM NFL Radio at the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom