• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

dcRR7Yj.jpg

Now youve done it!

Godslay

Banned
I'm expecting it. Another year that we couldn't beat Denver, the NFC's rep looks like they'd whup us even if we did make it.

Expect the worse, hope for the best.

In the last Superbowl we came in beat to hell. So many injuries on the D. I just thought that the offense would do enough to pull it out.

The real winner of that game was Seattle's DL. Just absolutely dominant. They started to do the same thing to the Pats last SB and then Avril went out and Brady started slinging. The other injuries helped but the Avril one was the game changer imo.

As far as this SB? I don't know enough about Carolina aside from surface stats. I never make predictions on Broncos games so you won't see me make one. Although I have enjoyed reading all the blowout scores and the justifications.

In the last Superbowl we came in beat to hell. So many injuries on the D. I just thought that the offense would do enough to pull it out.

The real winner of that game was Seattle's DL. Just absolutely dominant. They started to do the same thing to the Pats last SB and then Avril went out and Brady started slinging. The other injuries helped but the Avril one was the game changer imo.

As far as this SB? I don't know enough about Carolina aside from surface stats. I never make predictions on Broncos games so you won't see me make one. Although I have enjoyed reading all the blowout scores and the justifications.

True that, once Avril was out it got tougher, losing Lane didn't help either since Simon got picked on continuously afterwards.

Things might have balanced out if officials had taken out Edelman when he was clearly concussed to hell but whatever, shit happens.

KingBroly

Banned

Surface stats really don't tell you about the second half letdowns, mainly them playing conservatively, leading to more points and yards allowed than there should have been. Houston, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Giants, Seahawks. All games where they've had leads of double digits and nearly blown it because of conservative play-calling. This is the stuff that led their team statistics to sink a bit if you're interested in that kind of thing.

You know how in College they bullshit about the "eye test?" Well, this year the Panthers would qualify for that eye test examination if you ask yourself how good they are.

cdyhybrid

I think in terms of ppg, Seattle was 1st D and 6th or 8th O that year.

Panthers are 1st O and 6th D iirc.

Similar but different sides of the ball.

Denver is like 4th D and 19th O. Off the top of my head anyways.

Rankings are only relevant to that season though, unless you're ranking them against other seasons. Offensive numbers favor the Panthers, but they ran nearly 100 more plays. Per play/drive numbers are pretty similar, but they get a slight edge here. Seahawks were objectively better in every defensive category. That 2013 defense was a historically good one.

None of that really matters when it comes to the outcome of this game, though. Impossible to legitimately make a prediction about this game based on those stats.

the 2013 Broncos were actually a potent offense though. The 2016 Broncos offense is garbage.

This year's defense is much better though. We'll see what happens.

Yeah the more I think about it this defense is going to disrupt Manning all day long.
They can stick the TEs with that beast Kuechly and heck receivers and Manning will be stupid enough to challenge him with his noodle arm. Norman will shut down Drop Thomas

Panthers will easily stop the run.

Rankings are only relevant to that season though, unless you're ranking them against other seasons. Offensive numbers favor the Panthers, but they ran nearly 100 more plays. Per play/drive numbers are pretty similar, but they get a slight edge here. Seahawks were objectively better in every defensive category. That 2013 defense was a historically good one.

None of that really matters when it comes to the outcome of this game, though. Impossible to legitimately make a prediction about this game based on those stats.

This year's defense is much better though. We'll see what happens.

True, but I think a lot of why they looked as dominant against the Pats is because everybody and their momma knew the Pats couldn't and weren't going to run the ball. The Panthers are completely opposite. The threat of the run will keep that line more honest.

Godslay

Banned

I remember how great it was, trust me. I saw it first hand.

I'm not making the comparison to Seattle's D and Carolina's D. It just seems like on paper they are similar, just reversed. If that makes sense from a 10000 ft view.

As far as a prediction on the game? Hard to say. If the Broncos come out like they did last time and Carolina comes out like Seattle? Well then we can kiss our ass goodbye.

The other part that really bothers me about last time is just how inept Fox was. Players were out partying, bad unorganized practices, moving hotels last minute. Just weird stuff that's leaking out over the course of this week so far. Sounded like a real shitshow.

Hopefully Kubes cleans that up.

Mindlog

But can the Panthers contain Peyton long enough to keep him from rushing for first downs?
I think not.

We will all be Witnesses.
Witness is a pretty good game.

Don't you think manning already knows that is how the game should play out so he's going to try something new? I wish i could see how team gameplan.

I was browsing the nfl reddit like a month ago and they had a link that listed like 60+ playbooks from over the years. They were so thorough down to concept, schemes, themes terms weren't that hard to understand once you read it a few times. Plays weren't that hard to understand either if you just put a few hours in.

I don't think the Panthers are going to change who they are just like the Hawks didnt in SB48. But I do expect Denver offense to change to try to grab some type or any type of advantage wherever they can. Not sure if they can abuse that to a win but curious as to what old man Manning going to do knowing his history in the big one.

MRSA

Banned
Anyone here have one of those mattresses in a box? Been looking at the Tuft and Needle mattress since I prefer firmer mattresses because of my jacked up back.

I remember how great it was, trust me. I saw it first hand.

I'm not making the comparison to Seattle's D and Carolina's D. It just seems like on paper they are similar, just reversed. If that makes sense from a 10000 ft view.

As far as a prediction on the game? Hard to say. If the Broncos come out like they did last time and Carolina comes out like Seattle? Well then we can kiss our ass goodbye.

The other part that really bothers me about last time is just how inept Fox was. Players were out partying, bad unorganized practices, moving hotels last minute. Just weird stuff that's leaking out over the course of this week so far. Sounded like a real shitshow.

Hopefully Kubes cleans that up.

Great analysis Phil simms!

Godslay

Banned
Yeah the more I think about it this defense is going to disrupt Manning all day long.
They can stick the TEs with that beast Kuechly and heck receivers and Manning will be stupid enough to challenge him with his noodle arm. Norman will shut down Drop Thomas

Panthers will easily stop the run.

If the line can keep him upright we should be okay. That's a huge if, as we both know. Outside of Norman (who some are saying will cover Sanders as the 1), we could have some favorable matchups. They also play more zone from what I've read so that should help DT.

As far as the run. It always depends on how the game is flowing. If we expect to just pound it right away, I don't think it will work.

Need to obviously read watch more, but I'm not sure if I will. Almost just want to enjoy it without analyzing everything. I'm trying to fight it. Lol.

Great analysis Phil simms!

You're welcome. Sad part is, I'm doing it for free.

Trey

Panthers D is solid this year, but Seahawks 2013 D was all time. No weaknesses on that defense. I'd put them up against any offense in history and feel confident.

Godslay

Banned
Don't you think manning already knows that is how the game should play out so he's going to try something new? I wish i could see how team gameplan.

I was browsing the nfl reddit like a month ago and they had a link that listed like 60+ playbooks from over the years. They were so thorough down to concept, schemes, themes terms weren't that hard to understand once you read it a few times. Plays weren't that hard to understand either if you just put a few hours in.

I don't think the Panthers are going to change who they are just like the Hawks didnt in SB48. But I do expect Denver offense to change to try to grab some type or any type of advantage wherever they can. Not sure if they can abuse that to a win but curious as to what old man Manning going to do knowing his history in the big one.

Those playbooks were great. Read a couple, namely the Shanahan ones. Not to shit on the Browns but some said reading theirs and then reading the Pats was like reading a manual on how to put shitty furniture together compared to how to pilot a jet fighter.

Mindlog

Panthers D is solid this year, but Seahawks 2013 D was all time. No weaknesses on that defense. I'd put them up against any offense in history and feel confident.
Disgraced Former President Grova will thank you for that non-believing disrespect.

I believe they will hold Peyton to under 50 yards until garbage time. Panthers by 87.

Godslay

Banned

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
SlutDx check this out. Apparently this video details Wentz senior year and his road to now. I haven't checked it out yet, but you keep posting him shirtless...so you might enjoy this. It's about 13 mins click
Not going to lie, seeing shit from my school posted here still weirds me the fuck out! But it's pretty rad seeing all the hype Wentz gets. He's been a blast to watch play here.

Chris R

Man, if Denver could stay in the game until the 2nd half that would be great.

Odds are I'm watching the Puppy Bowl by the half point of the 2nd quarter, so the good ads better be front loaded.

Gigglepoo

I just can't shake the feeling we're going to see Peyton on the podium, shaking Goodell's hand, while Nantz tries to hide his boner.

Hunter S.

A lot stats favored Denver in 2013. you know, best offense in NFL history. Fuck anything can happen. The Broncos are pretty heathy this year.

KingBroly

Banned
A lot stats favored Denver in 2013. you know, best offense in NFL history. Fuck anything can happen. The Broncos are pretty heathy this year.

Even if Denver's defense was healthy in that game, it wouldn't have mattered.

I think if Denver wins, there's going to be a ton of eye-rolling since we've seen the 'happy ending' too often lately, with Elway, Bettis and Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom