• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

NFL ‏@NFL 8m8 minutes ago

"I believe, as I sit here today, either @JManziel2 or @RGIII will be in Dallas" http://on.nfl.com/20szQEv

CZvJ7-JWYAAjtkY.jpg:large

eznark

Banned
I'd have zero problem with the way Gronk plays if he didn't cry for a flag after every incompletion.

Oh bullshit

well, now I'm convinced

Alshon Jeffrey is actually probably worse than Gronk, but no one watches the Bears if they can help it.

Except he's actually getting called for it?

It was a point of emphasis prior to either this season or last, so yeah. Irvin played in an era where OPI didn't exist, essentially.

Draxal

If you have ever been around toddlers, even with the most helicopter of parents, you know they probably have a half dozen concussions by the age of 5. It's a big deal, I'm not claiming it isn't, and I think the study of this stuff is going to wildly improve the quality of life particularly for the elderly and hopefully eradicate Alzheimer's, but I think ultimately (and this sounds like Goodell PR bullshit but I think it's true) we'll be glad that the popularity of football forced us to spend significant amounts of time and treasure studying something I firmly believe impacts a vast majority of the population.

Ayup, grumpy old erratic man is not just limited to football players. It's not a stretch at all to believe that the general populace has milder forms of CTE.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 13h13 hours ago
#Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins (@Nukdabomb) has hired Todd France, John Caplin, RJ Gonser and Tom Condon of @CAA_Football for representation.

Switched to Watt's agents. Nuk about to get paid

Godslay

Banned
They got called a bunch for pick routes.

Gronk was penalized 5 times for OPI. The team was penalized 11 times total.

3 were from Martin, 1 from Dobson, 1 from Edelman, and the last one coming from Chandler.

Somebody would have to break out what was picks, but I'm guessing most of Gronk's aren't.

As for game breakdowns:

2 against Jacksonville in 1st and 3rd quarter.
1 against Miami 2nd quarter.
1 against NYG 2nd quarter.
1 against Den 4th quarter.

eznark

Banned
Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
Ndamokung Suh's contract was negotiated to be renegotiated again this year. That's not a good thing; pushing out large charges.

Maybe Suh will be too lazy to care

Bread

Banned
Unwritten rules!!!!
Gronk was penalized 5 times for OPI. The team was penalized 11 times total.

3 were from Martin, 1 from Dobson, 1 from Edelman, and the last one coming from Chandler.

Somebody would have to break out what was picks, but I'm guessing most of Gronk's aren't.
Not saying Gronk's opis were picks, just clarifying that most of the offensive penalties came from pick plays.

eznark

Banned
Not sure what flags prove, unless we are suddenly of a mind that NFL refs are competent. Which sort of flies in the face of Patriots fans whining about a no call.

Steelers were flagged on that play, genius. Flagged for pointing out that your team was cheating for the millionth time.

Lmao

Also, of course they were flagged. They jumped early. However, according to you, there should have been a second flag for your precious rapist and his boys because of "whining like little bitches".

Tom Penny

Only way to get consisent PI calls is to have a burner run a 40 yard go and tell him you are throwing the ball 35 yards on purpose so he can run back into the DB. AKA the Flacco.

eznark

Banned
I do wish they would start flagging the incessant whining. It's no longer just a Brady thing. Every route runner in football now throws their arms up and bitches at the closest official on any incompletion and every quarterback immediately cries anytime they are nudged to the ground. Enough is enough. Flag that shit for unsportsmanlike conduct. Make it a loss of down penalty too.

Lmao

Also, of course they were flagged. They jumped early. However, according to you, there should have been a second flag for your precious rapist and his boys because of "whining like little bitches".

No, I said whenever people whine about there being no flag like a petulant fucking child, that's when a flag should come in.

Hammer24

Banned
I do wish they would start flagging the incessant whining. It's no longer just a Brady thing. Every route runner in football now throws their arms up and bitches at the closest official on any incompletion and every quarterback immediately cries anytime they are nudged to the ground. Enough is enough. Flag that shit for unsportsmanlike conduct. Make it a loss of down penalty too.

I´d cosign this.

Tom Penny

So play football without WR's. Not sure that is going to work.

MechDX

This I can agree on with you. Players doing the flag motion to the ref after they barely gets grazed on the hip just makes me shake my head. Like the flag is more important that actually giving a tad more effort and actually catching the damn ball.

squicken

I have felt this way about basketball and soccer forever. A large part of the perception of officiating is the players complaining. Make flopping, whining, flag begging all penalties

Hammer24

Banned
This I can agree on with you. Players doing the flag motion to the ref after they barely gets grazed on the hip just makes me shake my head. Like the flag is more important that actually giving a tad more effort and actually catching the damn ball.

Yep! That´s supposed to be a sport for real men, dying later in dignity from concussions.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'd be fine with that if the rule was explicitly written for players.

I think more tolerance should be given to coaches for bitching since that's just part of the game. Obviously there's a limit but in a lot of ways it's the coaches job to yell at the refs.

eznark

Banned
Nothing is inherently "part of the game." We created the game, the game can be changed. I do agree that head coaches should be allowed to bitch at the same rate they do now. They bitch FAR less than players.

I have felt this way about basketball and soccer forever. A large part of the perception of officiating is the players complaining. Make flopping, whining, flag begging all penalties

Hockey has always done a pretty good job of this. Specifically the whining. If you aren't a captain and you bitch to the ref, take a fucking seat.

They got lax with the diving for a few years but two seasons of cracking down hard have really done a great job of eradicating Ovechkin'ing as well.

Hockey remains the best officiated professional sport in the world....and the worst officiated college sport in the country.

MechDX

I'd be fine with that if the rule was explicitly written for players.

I think more tolerance should be given to coaches for bitching since that's just part of the game. Obviously there's a limit but in a lot of ways it's the coaches job to yell at the refs.

Whats next physical intimidation?

dkOioHs.gif

Yeah... it annoys me to no end to see a player getting in a refs face, whining, throwing his hands up -- O'Dell Beckhaming all the way up & down the sideline. I wish refs in both soccer and NFL would straight up eject players for that, just lay down the law once and for all.

Line_HTX

So Packers receivers too, right?

squicken

Yeah... it annoys me to no end to see a player getting in a refs face, whining, throwing his hands up -- O'Dell Beckhaming all the way up & down the sideline. I wish refs in both soccer and NFL would straight up eject players for that, just lay down the law once and for all.

There's going to be an overhaul of all this in the offseason. That Blandino was on the radio basically telling the officials to throw out Norman and ODB, and they wouldn't do it, let the league know that big changes are needed

eznark

Banned
Packers don't have any receivers.

That doesn't stop Rodgers from crying every now and then.

Though it's just as likely for Rodgers to stare at his own player in disgust as it is for him to bitch at the ref. Usually he just incredulously shakes his head and walks away.

Nothing is inherently "part of the game." We created the game, the game can be changed. I do agree that head coaches should be allowed to bitch at the same rate they do now. They bitch FAR less than players.

If they did start hammering coaches, the Lions would finally have an advantage over somebody in something.

494480542-e1446118382741.jpg

rando14

I actually don't think Russ whines too much about getting calls, at least I can't remember any specific outbursts

Mech that's our QB!! :')

Although will you leave us if you guys get Wentz :(

bionic77

Don't throw the ball into double and triple coverage in the endzone.

The refs never call that. Are we going to start looking at holding by linemen on the interior of the line now too?

The Broncos do get away with PI but that is a really bad example of it. Show it on a crossing route or someone running down the sideline. Not on a jump ball in the endzone when the guy is double covered.

It is a much more interesting discussion to talk about the lack of grounding calls on some of Brady's passes when he was being thrown to the ground and he would just fling the ball into the dirt. I think it's bullshit to not call some of those but as with most NFL rules they are written badly enough to support almost any interpretation.

Even more interesting to talk about how the Panthers are cheating. Look at the scoreboard! A fat man with drool on his face told me so!

MechDX

I actually don't think Russ whines too much about getting calls, at least I can't remember any specific outbursts

Mech that's our QB!! :')

Although will you leave us if you guys get Wentz :(

I can NEVER leave Russell. He completes me Rando.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom