• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning friends

yFcLu5U.gif

Who filmed our last meeting?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The OT taught me that Gata is an otherkin. So is Kave. Maybe Dega too (although he doesn't know which animal he is, owl or dog).

That's like an animu furry gone wrong.

rando14

Fuuuuck I wish I had time to play games, at all really. The Witness and Darkest Dungeon look awesome

All I can do these days is sneak in a Hearthstone game or two in a day -_-

Striker

Shit

Josh Sash, eight years older than Tyler, said his brother sustained at least two concussions in high school, one documented concussion in college and two with the Giants, including one in the Giants’ playoff victory over the San Francisco 49ers that earned the team its berth in the Super Bowl after the 2011 season. [...]

“Those concussions are the ones we definitely know about,” Josh Sash said. “If you’ve played football, you know there are often other incidents.”

BigAT

Shit

Josh Sash, eight years older than Tyler, said his brother sustained at least two concussions in high school, one documented concussion in college and two with the Giants, including one in the Giants’ playoff victory over the San Francisco 49ers that earned the team its berth in the Super Bowl after the 2011 season. [...]

“Those concussions are the ones we definitely know about,” Josh Sash said. “If you’ve played football, you know there are often other incidents.”

Very sad situation, but the CTE confirmation is not surprising in the least. Everything about his story seemed to hit the typical checklist of CTE signs/symptoms.

eznark

Banned
Let's be real here: almost everyone in the NFL has or is going to get CTE. Football is a sport waiting to die

In a decade when they reliably diagnose CTE it will be adult ADD. Everyone will be diagnosed with it. It's not going to be limited in any way to football. The key will be getting better at grading out the severity and figuring out how to manage the worst cases, not pretending like CTE is the result of isolated activities.

Crisco

Banned
The best part of the Panthers winning a Super Bowl will be Michael Jordan celebrating another championship!!!

gfMj9eE.jpg

GMzRWS6.jpg

3rW1Dr5.jpg

bXsAcE2.jpg

rn3MSSe.jpg

Truly the GOAT of GOATs , go Panthers, go Jordan!!!!

Respect

Jesus, why does wienke look so derpy in that picture...

Excited for the anime offseason, clearly.

The best part of the Panthers winning a Super Bowl will be Michael Jordan celebrating another championship!!!

http://i.imgur.com/gfMj9eE.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GMzRWS6.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3rW1Dr5.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bXsAcE2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rn3MSSe.jpg[/IMG

Truly the GOAT of GOATs , go Panthers, go Jordan!!!![/QUOTE]

I think I actually heard Bionics nipples catch on fire.

Line_HTX

Fuuuuck I wish I had time to play games, at all really. The Witness and Darkest Dungeon look awesome

All I can do these days is sneak in a Hearthstone game or two in a day -_-

I know that feel... All I have time for these days is watching a few of my favorite streamers play stuff, no longer putting in the effort to play the games I want myself... =/

Draxal

In a decade when they reliably diagnose CTE it will be adult ADD. Everyone will be diagnosed with it. It's not going to be limited in any way to football. The key will be getting better at grading out the severity and figuring out how to manage the worst cases, not pretending like CTE is the result of isolated activities.

Bingo.

eznark

Banned

If you have ever been around toddlers, even with the most helicopter of parents, you know they probably have a half dozen concussions by the age of 5. It's a big deal, I'm not claiming it isn't, and I think the study of this stuff is going to wildly improve the quality of life particularly for the elderly and hopefully eradicate Alzheimer's, but I think ultimately (and this sounds like Goodell PR bullshit but I think it's true) we'll be glad that the popularity of football forced us to spend significant amounts of time and treasure studying something I firmly believe impacts a vast majority of the population.

Godslay

Banned
I just can't shake the feeling we're going to see Peyton on the podium, shaking Goodell's hand, while Nantz tries to hide his boner.

Reverse jinx in full effect.

Even if Denver's defense was healthy in that game, it wouldn't have mattered.

I think if Denver wins, there's going to be a ton of eye-rolling since we've seen the 'happy ending' too often lately, with Elway, Bettis and Lewis.

You can't say that for certain. Missing a huge chunk of your starting defense probably shifts a game more than you seem to give it credit for. That doesn't mean Denver wins by any means, but it certainly changes the game.

As far as happy endings, you see just as many guys that had amazing careers and they didn't win shit. They are probably the majority, so when a few great players go out on top I think it's okay to cherish it and not be a cynical asshole. You've been pushing that the NFL has a narrative that it wants played out on the field going back quite a few weeks now. No matter what happens in the NFL, the media will create a narrative. Not the NFL.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Aren't jump balls in the endzone typically not enforced as heavily for DPI? Kinda how they typically let all Hail Mary plays kinda play out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom