• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
hAWKAu1.gif
Breh I'm out here with my own smoke gif, BGdx. Fuck you mech, I'm not even letting you have the smoke anymore.
200.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nothing is inherently "part of the game." We created the game, the game can be changed. I do agree that head coaches should be allowed to bitch at the same rate they do now. They bitch FAR less than players.

I'm thinking in terms of how players are raised until they start bitching at the refs somewhere along the way.

I made the mistake of bitching at a ref during a high school game. My coach said that he agreed that the call was bad but players shouldn't interact with the refs, coaches only. So I did up and downs for days as punishment...

Maybe it's different now or maybe that's just the south but it always seemed like the interaction with the refs was always limited to the coaches. Obviously can't expect exactly the same thing with grown men but it probably wouldn't be awful to bring a little of that interaction protocol back into the game.

Obviously the problem as it stands is that there's a widespread belief that flag begging actually does convince the refs to throw more flags which leads to more begging and so on and so forth.

Kave is going to have to control his girl. She's already putting the smoke screens out there.

Bread

Banned
The only egregious no call I can remember from the game is a linebacker running into James White on a long pass to the left. It was a classic case of a defender playing the receiver and not the ball and making a lot of contact before the ball arrived. Besides that I think it was a decent called game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't throw the ball into double and triple coverage in the endzone.

The refs never call that. Are we going to start looking at holding by linemen on the interior of the line now too?

The Broncos do get away with PI but that is a really bad example of it. Show it on a crossing route or someone running down the sideline. Not on a jump ball in the endzone when the guy is double covered.

It is a much more interesting discussion to talk about the lack of grounding calls on some of Brady's passes when he was being thrown to the ground and he would just fling the ball into the dirt. I think it's bullshit to not call some of those but as with most NFL rules they are written badly enough to support almost any interpretation.

Even more interesting to talk about how the Panthers are cheating. Look at the scoreboard! A fat man with drool on his face told me so!

I hate the Pats as much as anyone but I honestly didn't see intentional grounding. What Brady was doing was the kind of thing Kurt Warner was doing all the time towards the end of his career.

The only language Russell Wilson knows is coachspeak and played out cliches.

He couldn't bitch about the refs even if he wanted to.

Reporter: "Hey Russell, what do you think about that terrible call that lost your team the game?"

Wussy: "Both teams played hard. We gave it our all. Just have to watch the tape and get ready for next week. It's a marathon not a sprint."

The only egregious no call I can remember from the game is a linebacker running into James White on a long pass to the left. It was a classic case of a defender playing the receiver and not the ball and making a lot of contact before the ball arrived. Besides that I think it was a decent called game.

I believe I know the one you are talking about cause when I saw the replay I remember thinking, "I've seen that flagged a thousand times before." That's always been one of the league's biggest issues, the total inconsistency from one set of officials to another. If it's a flag in one game, it needs to be a flag in the next game.

Bread

Banned
I hate the Pats as much as anyone but I honestly didn't see intentional grounding. What Brady was doing was the kind of thing Kurt Warner was doing all the time towards the end of his career.
yeah the throws might have been at the ground but they were always towards a receiver and he was being hit most of the time which makes a difference in the accuracy/power in his throws.

Normally I'd be ok with punishing flag begging, but considering some of the awful flags thrown this year, I've found myself sympathizing more with the players than the refs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like she's actually stepped up her game lately. She has some better sources, she's kinda been on it.
But she still called my boy Jcamp a elite Qb

We all make mistakes okay?

I remember a youngry new Neogaf member named BlackGhost who purchased a Wii U and immediately regretted it.

Any college football folks have thoughts on Reggie Ragland? I've not watched anything on him as of yet (I don't generally start looking at prospects until closer to the draft anyways). Just curious as there's a number of beat writers going on about his to the Giants.

kmag

Any college football folks have thoughts on Reggie Ragland? I've not watched anything on him as of yet (I don't generally start looking at prospects until closer to the draft anyways). Just curious as there's a number of beat writers going on about his to the Giants.

10 is too high for him, the Giants second round pick probably a bit late.

Don't really care about consistency between ref teams. That will NEVER happen, so no use complaining about it.

Coaches point out offences the other team often commits that they want looked at during the game to the refs too so by coaching influence alone they're not going to be the same across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom