• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Grova please control your geriatrics

CZvTsAEUMAAkX0Q.jpg

ampere

Fuuuuck I wish I had time to play games, at all really. The Witness and Darkest Dungeon look awesome

All I can do these days is sneak in a Hearthstone game or two in a day -_-

You will be saving lives tho

You can live vicariously through us nerds that still play a lot of games!

MechDX

Won't watch the vid (at work). But man Franklin ruined Hack.

Thats what his breakdown boils down to quite a bit. He recognizes things Hack regressed on but says it is all easily fixable and were bad traits he didnt have when O'Brien was coaching him

I still believe Hack to reunite with BOB is just too damn obvious so it likely wont happen

Lucha Underground (or something like it) really has to partner with Netflix or Amazon. I think there is a real opportunity for an hour long well produced, tight wrestling program on non-cable.

effzee

This is so stupid. I hate these kinds of tweets and reporting. Some unknown unnamed exec said it. And? What's this guy's track record. Why should he be trusted on this matter?

So much depends on which team, coach, and environment the player lands on as well. No QB is going to work for the Browns.

He isn't going to last til 13 :(

This is so stupid. I hate these kinds of tweets and reporting. Some unknown unnamed exec said it. And? What's this guy's track record. Why should he be trusted on this matter?

So much depends on which team, coach, and environment the player lands on as well. No QB is going to work for the Browns.

Do you really want one of these qbs?

squicken

I've seen a few people suggest that they will let Bradford walk, Pederson will bring in Chase Daniel as a bridge QB, and keep drafting QBs till they find the right one

e: Jeff Lurie is at the Senior Bowl. I wonder if he is going to get involved in personnel more?

Ppl can say it's a weak Qb class like they do every year. But honestly this draft seems to have a good amount of depth with guys. Kinda like 2014. But ultimately the future will tell how good this Qb class was or wasn't.

In all reality maybe 3-4 guys could go in the first, and couple more throughout the 2nd-3rd

Idk but that's just me, personally think there's some depth here

squicken

Ppl can say it's a weak Qb class like they do every year. But honestly this draft seems to have a good amount of depth with guys. Kinda like 2014. But ultimately the future will tell how good this Qb class was or wasn't.

In all reality maybe 3-4 guys good go in the first, and couple more throughout the 2nd-3rd

Just b/c generally most starters are drafted in the first round. Specifically, the top 10. So when there's a draft where there aren't a couple of locks in the top 10 it is a "bad QB draft"

Right now, with teams not really having a grasp on what to do what players from spread offenses, maybe there is some inefficiency there? Generally though they still draft on physical ability

I've seen a few people suggest that they will let Bradford walk, Pederson will bring in Chase Daniel as a bridge QB, and keep drafting QBs till they find the right one

e: Jeff Lurie is at the Senior Bowl. I wonder if he is going to get involved in personnel more?
That is exactly what the eagles podcast I listen is saying. Sign Chase, draft a rookie and hope. If the eagles don't sign Bradford then Chip made a bad trade, if they do sign him then Howie is saying Chip was right.

eznark

Banned

In all reality maybe 3-4 guys good go in the first, and couple more throughout the 2nd-3rd

I don't think I'd take any of them in the top 10 personally. Maybe if you are a team with some talent that just needs a QB like the Texans and can trade up, otherwise there seems to be so little obvious marginal difference that were I a top 10 picking team I'd just take the best available in the 2nd round.

I kinda want the Dolphins to trade down, I can't decided on what they should do with the 8th pick, anyone that stands out (that's a need for Miami) will be gone by the 8th so I think trading down and getting more picks would be the best thing to do. Deep draft of solid players, especially on defense, which is where Miami needs the most help.

I don't think I'd take any of them in the top 10 personally. Maybe if you are a team with some talent that just needs a QB like the Texans and can trade up, otherwise there seems to be so little obvious marginal difference that were I a top 10 picking team I'd just take the best available in the 2nd round.
Why even take one at that point? If none of these guys jumps out at you enough to be worth taking in the first just draft guys you do like and build up tye rest of the team.

eznark

Banned
Why even take one at that point? If none of these guys jumps out at you enough to be worth taking in the first just draft guys you do like and build up tye rest of the team.

Obviously it depends on who is available but if Lynch or Cook is available I'd take them. It's good value and huge potential upside.

eznark

Banned
It just seems weird to me to say player X isn't good enough to be the 10th pick m, but we sure do love him at 32!

wut?

That's like....the entire point of the draft.

If the Browns take Wentz in the first they shouldn't take Joey Bosa if he is available in the second just because they didn't like him more than Wentz?? Should teams just forfeit the rest of the draft after their first pick?

Hunter S.

HorseLogo.png

Some people call me the space cowboy yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Timmy
Cause' I speak of the pompitous of love

I guess when I say depth I mean there's some guys teams will like ability wise that'll go 2nd-3rd. You have your Hacks and Cardales who people will want to develop but I personally don't want them. Connor cook is there too, but the whole pesonality thing is out there. Jacoby Brissett is kinda interesting and idk how teams will view Dak.

But I personally wanna roll with the Goffs, Wentz (depending how he performs), and Lynch (not sure about yet, but he's gonna be Yankees Qb if not Bradford....I'm a prophet) trio

eznark

Banned
I guess when I say depth I mean there's some guys teams will like ability wise that'll go 2nd-3rd. You have your Hacks and Cardales who people will want to develop but I personally don't want them. Connor cook is there too, but the whole pesonality thing is out there. Jacoby Brissett is kinda interesting and idk how teams will view Dak.

But I personally wanna roll with the Goffs, Wentz (depending how he performs), and Lynch (not sure about yet, but he's gonna be Yankees Qb if not Bradford....I'm a prophet) trio

I don't love Cook's upside, but I think he has a low floor and will be a bargain. If he is there at the top half of the second round some team that isn't awful will be pretty happy I bet.

I don't love Cook's upside, but I think he has a low floor and will be a bargain. If he is there at the top half of the second round some team that isn't awful will be pretty happy I bet.
I'm not huge on Cook but I think he might be able to play. I'd kinda like to see him go to a team like the Rams. Also that slight chance he ends up in the first. JJ watt and Cook in papa johns commercials? What a sight

wut?

That's like....the entire point of the draft.

If the Browns take Wentz in the first they shouldn't take Joey Bosa if he is available in the second just because they didn't like him more than Wentz?? Should teams just forfeit the rest of the draft after their first pick?
The year Wilson came out Ried loved him wanted him in the 2nd round, but Howie overruled him and said that they should wait and take him in the third. It was such a stupid thing to do. If you love a guy and trust him to play the most important position, take him when you have the chance.

It just seems weird to me to say player X isn't good enough to be the 10th pick m, but we sure do love him at 32!

That's the point of Draft grades? Like this player is good in the 2nd/3rd round prospect.

The year Wilson came out Ried loved him wanted him in the 2nd round, but Howie overruled him and said that they should wait and take him in the third. It was such a stupid thing to do. If you love a guy and trust him to play the most important position, take him when you have the chance.

Who did they take in the 2nd? If they loved that guy more...or was a better player/higher prospect? Wilson did end up in the 3rd and his success has a lot to do with the team/system he was taken in. It's dumb to think he would have had the same/similar success if he had gone to any other team (except the browns, they all fail there)

eznark

Banned

no shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom