• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

img-Woman-Protesting-New-Taco-Bell.jpg

So this is happening in my neighborhood. Will some shitty team, like the Browns, sign Freeman so he stops this shit.

So does that bring your property values up or down?

Bread

Banned
If you donate 50k to breadstream I will go to the super bowl and stream it all can you believe the access? What a treat it would be for all of you.

I will need at least $100 to eat this. Start your gofundme or whatever it takes
If we get you a hundred dollars in gofundme.. We want more bang for my buck. You can't just have one and say that's it. No.. We need to sweeten that shit with other stuff..

GAF, what else should bread have on his burrito?

Edit- the American Cricket Network is showing Brewster's millions...

Excellent.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora 2h2 hours ago

Braxton Miller says his goal is to run a 4.28 at the Combine. #SeniorBowl

Floyd. BG. Our boy is going to make an excellent Steeler. :')

Damn apparently the Browns new player personnel VP is only 28, what are you guys doing with your lives? What am I doing?
im spreading the word of Cleve😎

Omg chuck..
hrk.gif

Woodson not getting picked until the very end of the Pro Bowl draft, that's pretty disrespectful. It's an exhibition game, take care of the future HOFer and all time great

Tom Penny

Combine numbers crack me up. How fast can you run a route and how can you get off a jam? I'd take a cone drill more serious than straight line speed.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
For sure. He's talked a lot about this stuff before. I think Young is one of those guys who lots of teams would worry about being "too smart" for his own good

Fascinating quote from Steve Young about Bill Walsh:

I was mad at Bill most of the time. He was a complex personality. I saw the method to the madness, [but] sometimes it offended me. Just because you understand me, you can't manipulate me. When he brought me in, he made it chaotic -- he loved creative tension. The [beneficiary] of it is [the] team, but the individuals -- it's tense. He created it. He didn't make life easy on anybody.

A lot of times elite athletes in all sports don't like being "coached up".

Bill Walsh and Bill Bellichick are probably the two greatest coaches of all time (along with Bill Parcels) but at the end of the day Bill Walsh played QB at San Jose State. That's an accomplishment in of itself but Steve Young is one of the greatest to ever play the position and I can imagine there being some sort of disconnect between the two as seen in the quote.

Steve Young coming out of BYU knows he's immensely gifted, knows the game inside and out and is supremely confident. Especially at a young age he's probably going to butt heads with a Coach, even the all time great Bill Walsh, trying to throw his playbook at him when Steve Young saw the game a different way.

But Bill Walsh still had the foresight to trade for Steve Young. Really wonder what happened behind the scenes.

My personal favorite Steve Young quote:

"Matthew Stafford is on the cusp of greatness."

MechDX

Steelers following that Colts 2015 blueprint to success! Hope Ben survives

And the Dolphins, who need to make some cap room so they can work free agency aggressively (and they will be aggressive, I've been told), can turn that scheduled $28.6 million cap hit into a more palatable $10.5 million hit by simply restructuring Suh's.

smh this team just doesn't fucken learn, guess we going for the off-season crown again, sorry BG/Kave/Floyd

Dude you are over the new cap of 153 million. You can't even draft players and pay them.

Just from releasing players we can go under by 26 million and instead of pushing hard in FA we need to build from the draft, the FO thinks we are on the brink but we just need a total rebuild, now we restructure Suh, owe him even more the next few years (4.5 M more per year). Instead if we swallow his cap hit this year we'll have plenty of cap space next year and for the rookies, just cutting Misi would provide enough cap space to sign all our draft picks.

You were 6 wins from winning the division and prevent the Pats from home field and you're complaining SMH.

I know, I'm so spoiled :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom