• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disrespectful Chuck.. Don't take Braxton away.. I wanna like him still :(

How could you!!!

I'm sorry friend. It's a fact that Romo is not gonna win the big one.. You should be used to good quarterbacks not winning one. Even Derek Is getting a ring :)

I feel sorry for shopping carts

They are always getting pushed around
NH9gE7v.gif

:)

smh this team just doesn't fucken learn, guess we going for the off-season crown again, sorry BG/Kave/Floyd

Story of Cleveland.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ezekiel Ansah unanimous choice for NFC North Defensive Player of Year

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- He was drafted three years ago in the first round as a raw prospect. The potential -- oh, it was there. But whether Ezekiel Ansah would ever realize it was an unknown. He hadn't started playing football until midway through his time at BYU.

He entered the NFL equipped with athleticism and power, but with little of the refinement that comes with years of experience. Yet three years into his career, he's emerging as a star. He made his first Pro Bowl. He finished third in the NFL in sacks with 14.5. And he was the unanimous choice for ESPN.com's NFC North Defensive Player of the Year.

He hit one of his biggest individual goals this season -- double-digit sacks. He adjusted his midseason plan, wanting to become "unstoppable."

"I just got to make sure that I'm unstoppable,” Ansah told ESPN.com in November. "I just got to find a way where tackles are unable to stop me from getting to the quarterback. That is where the next thing is."

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...choice-for-nfc-north-defensive-player-of-year

With Coach Austin and DeAndre Levy coming back next season, along with will be a bolstered defensive line/LB core through the draft we'll be a Top 5 defense next year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like you're all trying to wear me down into wearing an animu avatar again.

It's not gonna happen! Not this summer damn it!

MechDX

Interesting comment from Brett K from BRB (guy that did that Hackenberg breakdown I posted this morning):

 The difference with Carr though, and admittedly I missed this too
Was that David had been training Derek to be a pro-style QB since he was in middle school. I actually had a chat with David about it when he was at NFLN a while back, being that I was a Texans fan and was curious. He said he felt really hurt that his family name caused Derek to drop, and that throughout his career he dedicated himself to making his little brother a better quarterback than he ever was. Hell, he had Derek in watching film with him and Andre when he was just a little kid, just to teach him HOW to watch film like a professional.

I never considered how big of an impact having an experienced older brother would have on Derek, and apparently neither did any other team in the first round….and now the AFC West has to pay the price for that.

Cool insight. Maybe the last name Carr actually drove him all the way to the 2nd round

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions were smart to let Suh walk. No way they would have been able to keep Ansah, Levy, and Slay.

Absolutely, and we tried resigning him but we were outbid by the Dolphins by $8-$9 Million IIRC? I wanted him resigned as well, but even though I miss watching Suh play the quad squad of Pro Bowlers, potential Pro Bowlers with DeAndre, Glover Quin, Ansah and Slay is much better.

Plus we have great young players in Devin Taylor (the other South Carolina defensive end who's had a better career than Jadeveon Clowney), Quandre Diggs, Tahir Whitehead and Daryl Tapp.

I hope we go with an immediate impact Defensive lineman or LB in the first round.

Stop shedding blame! You all are reaping what you sow.
We didn't do shit. You decided to let Aaron hurt you. You think Greg's crying about it? No. Greg doesn't go cry about it. He goes and kicks ass in Ping Pong and Rocket League and makes himself feel better.

You roll over and tell your bling girlfriend that you'd rather have a body pillow that is some 10000 year old demon so you don't feel creepy. Don't turn yourself into some creepy ginger animu. Don't be a Wienke.. Be a Greg. I believe in you Wienke

Squall hasn't posted yet?

The thing my mind keeps coming back to is the Cards performance implosion. Outside of the Rams and Steelers games and even in those games they performed well. When you get to week 17 vs Seahawks were they get dominated and I wanted to say eh the game didn't matter it's a fluke. Then you have the Packers games. Week 16 38-8 win vs week 19 a 26-20 win in overtime. Wow I mean we lost some defensive players yeah, but what happened to our offense. The loss to the Panthers 15-49 just cements it.

The Cardinals imploded, but why? Was it the loss of Tyrann Mathieu? He definitely hurt the defense, but what about the offense? The only thing that makes sense is Palmer. He was shook and that effects the entire team.

cdyhybrid

Squall hasn't posted yet?

The thing my mind keeps coming back to is the Cards performance implosion. Outside of the Rams and Steelers games and even in those games they performed well. When you get to week 17 vs Seahawks were they get dominated and I wanted to say eh the game didn't matter it's a fluke. Then you have the Packers games. Week 16 38-8 win vs week 19 a 26-20 win in overtime. Wow I mean we lost some defensive players yeah, but what happened to our offense. The loss to the Panthers 15-49 just cements it.

The Cardinals imploded, but why? Was it the loss of Tyrann Mathieu? He definitely hurt the defense, but what about the offense? The only thing that makes sense is Palmer. He was shook and that effects the entire team.

They won their Super Bowl in November. Nothing to play for after that.

They won their Super Bowl in November. Nothing to play for after that.

That just makes it worse. They should have been embolden by that and again and again with the Green Bay wins. It's like a critical lack of confidence. Seahawks and Panthers feed off the underdog mentality. The Cardinals seemed to suffocate under the top dog and under dog mentality.

squicken

The Cowboys defense was night and day with and without Sean Lee. Eagles the same with Jordan Hicks. Cards struggled w/o Mathieu. There's just some guys who make a really big difference. I really think that these rangy defenders that can play the middle of the field are going to be really sought after soon. MLBs and SSs were always considered secondary concerns, but with the way modern offenses work you need your middle of the field defenders to cover a lot of ground and have great football instincts

Cards also really need pass rushers, but that's been the case forever with them

Cards offense went south when they played good defenses. Run game didn't do anything and Palmer (like every other QB) struggles vs pressure

cdyhybrid

That just makes it worse. They should have been embolden by that and again and again with the Green Bay wins. It's like a critical lack of confidence. Seahawks and Panthers feed off the underdog mentality. The Cardinals seemed to suffocate under the top dog and under dog mentality.

It's what I consider Pete's biggest strength as a coach. The guy is a master at managing personalities and motivating people.

The Cowboys defense was night and day with and without Sean Lee. Eagles the same with Jordan Hicks. Cards struggled w/o Mathieu. There's just some guys who make a really big difference. I really think that these rangy defenders that can play the middle of the field are going to be really sought after soon. MLBs and SSs were always considered secondary concerns, but with the way modern offenses work you need your middle of the field defenders to cover a lot of ground and have great football instincts

Cards also really need pass rushers, but that's been the case forever with them

Cards offense went south when they played good defenses. Run game didn't do anything and Palmer (like every other QB) struggles vs pressure

This makes sense, but David Johnson had some good plays in the game. Meanwhile Palmer throws high and receivers drop balls. I can give credit to the Panther's def for a lot, but at the same time our offense failed on every level. A loss I understand, but only 15 points...nah.

squicken

This makes sense, but David Johnson had some good plays in the game. Meanwhile Palmer throws high and receivers drop balls. I can give credit to the Panther's def for a lot, but at the same time our offense failed on every level. A loss I understand, but only 15 points...nah.

Look what the Broncos did to NE. Or the CAR and STL did to SEA. If you can't protect the QB, that's it. They all get shook. All of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom