• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

The Super Bowl was played in Carolina last night. I appreciate Actstriker not making a Super Bowl thread this year. The season is over.

Congrats Panthers-GAF!
sQBqr7o.jpg

Nah, the Super Bowl was indeed played in Carolina, but it was a week ago.

minx

70% of the league's teams have great cap space or can get there with minimal cuts. Free agency is going to be a letdown. No big names will hit it and lots of mediocre players are going to get paid money they don't deserve

The elephant in the room with the Bears number is they will be franchise tagging Jeffrey if a long term deal can't be worked out. Pace already stated there likely won't be any big splashes, just multiple mid level signings. Which is good in my book. Look at what Suh did for the Dolphins last year...

That Pats Broncos game, thought it was going to be a long night like the one in the 2013-14 AFC Championship but that second half priced to be very interesting and exciting.

Yes, could have had a happy ending over there but man was that a good game, heart was pulling all along that last quarter. Sure it shaved off few months off my life span.

Exciting Super Bowl here, not sure who to root for. Both deserve it equally.

MechDX

Minx mentioned tagging Jeffery so I was looking for tag values for this year and saw this:

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/01/13/2016-nfl-free-agency-top-100-available/2/

Texans have two offensive linemen in the top 20 of free agents this year. Center Ben Jones (9 on the list) and RG Brandon Brooks (17 on the list).

They say Jones is oddly high but there is a need for quality, interior O linemen right now. Guards and centers populate their top 100. This needs to be a HUGE priority for the Texans to retain these two. If you are going to draft a young QB he needs a solid o line in front of him. See David Carr and Marcus Mariotta.

I know Trejo is already eyeing Brooks......fucker

Tabris

SF should be Broncos home game, you think? I mean Carolina doesn't have nearly as many fans, and not as many will be commuting over.

I mean sure half the fans there will just be cheering on every play so it'll still be noisy, but I don't think it'll be as loud for the Broncos on offence as it was at MetLife last SB.

KingBroly

Banned
SF should be Broncos home game, you think? I mean Carolina doesn't have nearly as many fans, and not as many will be commuting over.

I mean sure half the fans there will just be cheering on every play so it'll still be noisy, but I don't think it'll be as loud for the Broncos on offence as it was at MetLife last SB.

Carolina played for years in the same conference as the 49ers, so there are a fair amount of fans out there

But as well know, Super Bowls don't mean jackshit for fans, as they usually can't afford to go.

And in Super Bowl 48, I don't think there was much cheering anyway, since that game was over from the start.

i can see broncos fans making up 75% stadium capacity. it'll be more difficult for panthers fans to the best coast. what with the bad weather going on in the east coast.

broncos should be the "home" team

web1_2015-02-02T042044Z_1_LYNXMPEB11059_RTROPTP_3_NFL-SUPER--1-_2.jpg

GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK!

giphy.gif

Greatest TE EVER!

He kept us in the game last night with a legendary performance, but unfortunately the Broncos front 4 (or 3) was just too damn good. The amount of pressure on Brady was ridiculous.

Novoitus

Banned
web1_2015-02-02T042044Z_1_LYNXMPEB11059_RTROPTP_3_NFL-SUPER--1-_2.jpg

GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK!

giphy.gif

Greatest TE EVER!

He kept us in the game last night with a legendary performance, but unfortunately the Broncos front 4 (or 3) was just too damn good. The amount of pressure on Brady was ridiculous.

couldn't cheat enough 2 keep ya in the game

So, realistically how long do you expect him to play on the highest level?

Realistically? The team seems to be build for one all out attempt for number 5 next year. Every key defensive player is signed until at least next season and after that some players will be let go and the re-build starts again (Jones, Hightower, Sheard, Collins).

If the Oline stays healthy, and they can get an upgrade over Blount/Bolden at RB to complement Lewis and maybe one over LaFell, then Brady has 1 more all out season, maybe 2 if we're lucky.

Then the party is over.

squicken

Greatest TE EVER!

He was amazing. They pull off that game and it's part of his legend. Brady got hit more than any QB had all year yesterday with 23 QB hits. His previous high on the year was 12. Considering all the short drops he takes that is stunning. Wade's defense was insane until the two safeties got hurt, at which point they looked pretty vulnerable

Seeing all these teams with all this cap room, sure seems like lots of bad contracts are coming soon

kmag

Realistically? The team seems to be build for one all out attempt for number 5 next year. Every key defensive player is signed until at least next season and after that some players will be let go and the re-build starts again (Jones, Hightower, Sheard, Collins).

If the Oline stays healthy, and they can get an upgrade over Blount/Bolden at RB to complement Lewis and maybe one over LaFell, then Brady has 1 more all out season, maybe 2 if we're lucky.

Then the party is over.

Hasn't Brady pretty much said he's there until he's 40 and that's it. So it's pretty much next year and done.

I know he rowed back a bit on the 40 and done this year but it's not like he needs the money and he'd only have one year left on his contract after next year.

kmag

He was amazing. They pull off that game and it's part of his legend. Brady got hit more than any QB had all year yesterday with 23 QB hits. His previous high on the year was 12. Considering all the short drops he takes that is stunning. Wade's defense was insane until the two safeties got hurt, at which point they looked pretty vulnerable

Seeing all these teams with all this cap room, sure seems like lots of bad contracts are coming soon

Talking of wasting money, Next year is the final year of the first minimum spend period (which requires every NFL team to average spending at least 89% up to the salary cap floor from 2011 to 2016.). Going into 2015 there were 8 teams beneath the limit (Raiders, Panthers, Jaguars, Jets, Chargers, Cowboys, Colts and Giants) and it's measured in actual cash not cap cash. If anyone is still below the floor they'll need to shell out.

What do the Panthers do with Josh Norman?

A) Resign him to a long term deal. (They were FAR apart in contract negotiations before this season, Josh bet on himself and now his value has doubled)

B) Franchise him

C) Let him walk and get signed to a HUMONGOUS deal by the Raiders.

Keep in mind that the Panthers still have to sign Kawann Short to a long-term deal. Who has been just as important (if not more so) for the Panthers this year.

Hasn't Brady pretty much said he's there until he's 40 and that's it. So it's pretty much next year and done.

I know he rowed back a bit on the 40 and done this year but it's not like he needs the money and he'd only have one year left on his contract after next year.

"FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady participated in a conference call with the New York media on Wednesday, and when the 38-year-old quarterback was asked how much longer he thought he could play in the NFL, he didn't have good news for New York Jets fans.

"I'd like to play a long time," Brady said. "There's a lot that goes into playing well -- I've played with a lot of great teammates. But I want to play for a long time. Maybe 10 more years.""

Probably not the most realistic view, but he's gonna keep going at it until his body falls apart (Last night is not gonna help with that btw).

Brady didn't have a chance really until they lost a couple of players. Ware/Von were already in the backfield before our Oline even moved. They had the snap count down perfectly, it was insane. So it didn't even matter that it were all short drops. Add to that that they destroyed everyone in one-on-one matchups and there was no holding their Dline.

And yeah, we gonna lose some players. In the end it's a business and the players (Chandler Jones probably), much rather gets paid 15/20 million a year by the Raiders with 100m in cap space than 10 by the Pats.

What do the Panthers do with Josh Norman?

A) Resign him to a long term deal. (They were FAR apart in contract negotiations before this season, Josh bet on himself and now his value has doubled)

B) Franchise him

C) Let him walk and get signed to a HUMONGOUS deal by the Raiders.

Keep in mind that the Panthers still have to sign Kawann Short to a long-term deal. Who has been just as important (if not more so) for the Panthers this year.

Franchise him, devote energy to resigning Short and let Norman go chasing stupid money in free agency after Carolina wins back to back Owls.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't want to live in a world where Ted Ginn And His Motherfucking Family has more Super Bowl rings than Dan Marino.

Save us Peyton, you're our only hope...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Fuck Ted Ginn.
Fuck his family.
Fuck Cam Cameron for wasting that high draft pick on that asshole.
Fuck this team.
Fuck this league.
Fuck the Jets.
Fuck Ray Finkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom