• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

original.gif

Hi.

rando14

Oh boy, offseason thread...

*opens door
*sees BG and DM wrestling on the ground
*sees Weinke licking his TV with SAO on
*sees Gata pooping on the toilet with the door wide open

I dont want to be here :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

*opens door

You belong here

This is your family

bionic77

This is the year for this Steelers team to put up or go away silently into the night.

We have all the talent but we can't put it together for more than a few weeks before someone dies or gets injured. It surely does not help to play in the thuggiest division in football, but on the other hand staying on the field is part of the game.

Honestly we don't have a ton of needs. We need a pass rusher, improved play in the secondary and depth all around. Of course shut down corners and pass rushers are the players who go first in the draft so unless you pay in Cleveland or Tennessee good fucking luck!

The SB is going to be horrible. Even if the Broncos pull out the miracle they can only win a low scoring game with a qb who is washed up. While I love seeing their defense play, it is nice to see high quality from both sides of the ball in the SB. I was hoping to see it in the NFC title game but Zona didn't do their part.

bionic77

I want a running back on the Pats so badly
Running back is probably the easiest position to fill in the NFL these days.

The Pats problem (outside of rampant cheating and being evil cunts) is that they don't try and run the ball. You have to practice and actually run the ball during the game for it to have a chance to succeed. The Pats don't believe in a few things. The rule book, a nuclear family, ethics, the sanctity of life and running the ball.

jeffram

What do the Panthers do with Josh Norman?

A) Resign him to a long term deal. (They were FAR apart in contract negotiations before this season, Josh bet on himself and now his value has doubled)

B) Franchise him

C) Let him walk and get signed to a HUMONGOUS deal by the Raiders.

Keep in mind that the Panthers still have to sign Kawann Short to a long-term deal. Who has been just as important (if not more so) for the Panthers this year.
I think they will try and keep the team together. The cap is set to go up by $10M next year.

If they get through next year things should open up a bit. After next year they will no longer be paying Charles Johnson $10m+ a year. Carolina is going to be a very attractive place to play as well. They are going to win the NFC south for the foreseeable future, and with most of the other NFC contenders on the decline, they have to be seen as a one of the favourites to get to the Superbowl. They may be able to get some discounts on good players who want to chase a ring.

Running back is probably the easiest position to fill in the NFL these days.

The Pats problem (outside of rampant cheating and being evil cunts) is that they don't try and run the ball. You have to practice and actually run the ball during the game for it to have a chance to succeed. The Pats don't believe in a few things. The rule book, a nuclear family, ethics, the sanctity of life and running the ball.

I mean, I like how you make these arguments.

But let's watch a couple of Pats-Colts games to witness the Pats running the ball maybe? The problem is losing your first and second string runningbacks, to then have to sign a Steven Jackson who's almost as old as your bum ass, who was unemployed for a year.

We need a the next incarnation of Corey Dillon

rando14

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase
Carolina would be first Super Bowl champion with 10 Pro Bowlers since the '98 Broncos. FWIW, all but Turner/Short were brought in by Hurney.

Grova's boy Hurney gets no respect

Clearly the Broncos watched the tape from the Dolphins/Pats game and followed that blueprint to victory. The Dolphins only win in the division all season...

EDIT: Oh sorry, offseason thread. Dolphins suck.

Tom Penny

This sucks. Oh Well. Pats didn't deserve it. Broncos played better and debacles like the Eagles game and horrible Dolphins game approach cost them home field. As far as the off season goes. I think their defense got better this year. On offense cut Lafell and go from and hope the offense line is healthy. Who the RB is is irrelevant to me. The running game is a direct correlation to the O-Line and they couldn't block for shit this year.

Grexeno

*opens door

All of us end up here eventually, every year. The only difference is that some of us won.

Sanjuro

Glad nobody believed in the gritty underdog first seed. I don't think they would have done it without that kind of motivation.

bionic77

Manning didn't do shit last night. In the 2nd half besides one FG I think they punted the rest of the half and most of them seemed like three and outs. Bad three and outs where it seemed impossible for them to ever convert.

He is washed up.

It will be remarkable if the Broncos defense can carry him to a SB win.

That said I don't give a fuuuuuck. As long a the Pats lose. :)

This is the year for this Steelers team to put up or go away silently into the night.

We have all the talent but we can't put it together for more than a few weeks before someone dies or gets injured. It surely does not help to play in the thuggiest division in football, but on the other hand staying on the field is part of the game.

Honestly we don't have a ton of needs. We need a pass rusher, improved play in the secondary and depth all around. Of course shut down corners and pass rushers are the players who go first in the draft so unless you pay in Cleveland or Tennessee good fucking luck!

The SB is going to be horrible. Even if the Broncos pull out the miracle they can only win a low scoring game with a qb who is washed up. While I love seeing their defense play, it is nice to see high quality from both sides of the ball in the SB. I was hoping to see it in the NFC title game but Zona didn't do their part.

Cowboys are in a very similar situation. We underperformed yet our best players on both sides of the ball were consistently out. If we stay healthy, the team is good enough all around that Romo could carry us to an owl. We have a lot if young talent, last years draft was amazing for us so I'm excited to see what Stephen Jones and Co. Can conjure up this year.

Would be really convenient if this Wentz fellow were brought in for "questioning" regarding a heinous crime. Make it happen, Jerry! Your brine dollar goes a long way in bumfuck North Dakota!!

This.. Feels nice here. I'm excited. And BG is king and was given the blessing by Grova..

Congrats Grova or should I say president Grova.. :)

Is it true that Dragon tried to kill a man today because the Pats couldn't get it done?

He threatened Furiyous.. Yup

#NotMyKing
sljOtdQ.jpg

I speak for all of NFL GAF when I say that this reign of terror must come to an end. The past few hours have been an unparalleled failure of leadership. Time for a new king.

This off season is going to suck too. Christ I hope we make some smart defensive draft choices.

How bout you go to hell, damn pirate trash

you motherfucker

The early bird gets the worm DM

Don't make me become DM's propaganda manager. I have unused Brown gifs hidden in my stash.

You can't hurt us Paper.. Nothing can.

These people deserve their true and just king.

I give them hope!

They want success and happiness.. Not some old VHS tapes of wwf matches..

Besides we've seen what happens when you lead something.. It gets locked and nuked because you didn't stop the Sunny talk..

Rand Getlin
Rand Getlin – Verified account ‏@Rand_Getlin
I'm told former #Browns defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil is a strong candidate for the same job with the #49ers. May be the new favorite.

It's okay, friend. It just wasn't our year, with the injuries and some bad coaching, it was too much to overcome. The Broncos are a team that is built with the sole purpose of beating the Pats and facing them in Denver is just really difficult.

We'll go at it again next year.

Respect

This sucks. Oh Well. Pats didn't deserve it. Broncos played better and debacles like the Eagles game and horrible Dolphins game approach cost them home field. As far as the off season goes. I think their defense got better this year. On offense cut Lafell and go from and hope the offense line is healthy. Who the RB is is irrelevant to me. The running game is a direct correlation to the O-Line and they couldn't block for shit this year.

Other than the first drive, defense played great. Brady made some terrible throws and was off pretty much from the first drive, but the oline didn't do him any favors. He was seeing ghosts by the third quarter. A lot of credit to the Broncos D though, they covered great and made tackling dummies seem like an upgrade to the online on more than a few plays. It was a miracle they even had a chance at the end.

The narrative going in was health > home field. Not so much.

Oh and GO PANTHERS

Carolina played for years in the same conference as the 49ers, so there are a fair amount of fans out there

But as well know, Super Bowls don't mean jackshit for fans, as they usually can't afford to go.

And in Super Bowl 48, I don't think there was much cheering anyway, since that game was over from the start.

You would be wrong. Seahawks fans only got louder. I was there :(

Respect

It's okay, friend. It just wasn't our year, with the injuries and some bad coaching, it was too much to overcome. The Broncos are a team that is built with the sole purpose of beating the Pats and facing them in Denver is just really difficult.

We'll go at it again next year.

brofist_o_464277.gif

Other than the first drive, defense played great. Brady made some terrible throws and was off pretty much from the first drive, but the oline didn't do him any favors. He was seeing ghosts by the third quarter. A lot of credit to the Broncos D though, they covered great and made tackling dummies seem like an upgrade to the online on more than a few plays. It was a miracle they even had a chance at the end.

The narrative going in was health > home field. Not so much.

Oh and GO PANTHERS

As Rich Hill mentioned on Twitter the most disruptive thing seemed to have been that Stork gave away the snap count with his head bob, which he had to do because of the crowd noise. Miller and Ware were gone before our tackles got out of their stance.

As Rich Hill mentioned on Twitter the most disruptive thing seemed to have been that Stork gave away the snap count with his head bob, which he had to do because of the crowd noise. Miller and Ware were gone before our tackles got out of their stance.
So are you saying the Broncos having home-field advantage played a large part in their victory?

:)

Crisco

Banned
The problem with Norman is he's already 28 (older than Sherman) and not that fast to begin with. He's also gotten incredibly lucky on several plays this year. With a little bit more accuracy from some QBs we've played, no one would even know his name.

Two games now Broncos won with Manning doing the bare minimum and the defense balling the fuck out.

I hate to fall into the "This team has no chance" trap (especially with Manning clearly on his Bettis/Lewis retirement run) but I fail to see how that gameplan will work with the Panthers. That said the Panthers run defense took a big blow last night with Thomas' injury so maybe that's the opening the Broncos need.

Two games now Broncos won with Manning doing the bare minimum and the defense balling the fuck out.

I hate to fall into the "This team has no chance" trap (especially with Manning clearly on his Bettis/Lewis retirement run) but I fail to see how that gameplan will work with the Panthers. That said the Panthers run defense took a big blow last night with Thomas' injury so maybe that's the opening the Broncos need.

Thomas says he's gonna play though

So are you saying the Broncos having home-field advantage played a large part in their victory?

:)

Yes, you clearly uncovered that deep dark secret in my post.

Yes, you clearly uncovered that deep dark secret in my post.
Did you know that the Patriots loss in week 17 helped the Broncos secure the #1 seed, which eventually led to them having home-field advantage in yesterday's AFC Championship game?

The Patriots loss in week 17 was to the Dolphins, by the way.

Respect

What is that from?

Tekken...not sure who the guy on left is but the one on the right is Paul Phoenix.

Makes sense, they were consistently past the tackles before they were out of their stance half the time.

Did you know that the Patriots loss in week 17 helped the Broncos secure the #1 seed, which eventually led to them having home-field advantage in yesterday's AFC Championship game?

1325795244_angry_face.gif

bionic77

The Dolphins winning was amazing but it would not have been possible if not for the Eagles beating them the week before!

As Chris Berman likes to say: "Thats why we play the game!".

Speaking of ESPN tomfoolery, Mike & Mike has a highlight for the morning in which Mike and Mike try to figure out why so many people hate Cam Newton. I think we better get our best people on it to figure out what is different about Cam and the other elite quarterbacks in the league...

I'm happy you found meaning in your season. I guess it really was your year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom