• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

When you were still in your early forties and didn't need your reading glasses to read this post.
I am still not 40.

Though I have been blind for a long ass time.

Thank Tebow for whoever the hell invented glasses.

I wish the NFL refs had access to this technology. They could have used it in Denver!

I am still not 40.

Though I have been blind for a long ass time.

Thank Tebow for whoever the hell invented glasses.

I wish the NFL refs had access to this technology. They could have used it in Denver!

Keep telling that yourself friend! You're as young as you feel! And 50 is the new 30 after all!

ryseing

The problem with Norman is he's already 28 (older than Sherman) and not that fast to begin with. He's also gotten incredibly lucky on several plays this year. With a little bit more accuracy from some QBs we've played, no one would even know his name.

He also makes at least one bone-numbingly dumb play a game. He's a great CB and I don't want him to leave but if he's asking too much I'd rather put the cap space elsewhere.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We are so alike, yet so different.

I blame The Bouncer on PS2.

After 9/11, the NFL had to start scripting everything so that the Pats would win the Super Bowl including making up bullshit rules so that the Raiders would lose.

So whose fault is it? Al Qaeda? Bush? The Illuminati?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh boy, offseason thread...

*opens door
*sees BG and DM wrestling on the ground
*sees Weinke licking his TV with SAO on
*sees Gata pooping on the toilet with the door wide open

I dont want to be here :(

Face it, your team's on the downswing and will soon join us in general ineptitude!

AHG2uMD.gif

bionic77

I am not even 40 yet!

Speaking of 40, I think thats when me and my doctor become a lot more intimate. Not looking forward to that!

Everything ends eventually if you live long enough. Even the sanctity of your asshole's virginity. :(

bionic77

Yes, it was a sad time. I was so desperate for games I got Dynasty Warriors 2 and FantaVision.
I played the Bouncer years later when they used to pay to give it away, but I never played Fantavision or most of the games from PS2 launch.

I had a DC at the time was enjoying pretending to be Kobe Bryant in one of the greatest games of all time! Crazy Taxi was fun too. Though in general I thought Sega people overrate the DC. I thought the PS2 surpassed it after a year once their real games started to come out.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Did you know that the Patriots loss in week 17 helped the Broncos secure the #1 seed, which eventually led to them having home-field advantage in yesterday's AFC Championship game?

The Patriots loss in week 17 was to the Dolphins, by the way.

Pats lost, what, 4 of their last 7? Writing was on the wall for a while. Dolphins loss--the only good thing that abomination of a franchise has ever done--was just the final nail in the coffin. Until Denver resurrected Brady's ragged corpse, slapped it around like a Crash Test Dummy, and shut the coffin again for good.

bionic77

Guys at the end of the Broncos game when the Pats were down 2 with like 15 seconds left, how long does Reid have to think about it before kicking the extra point?

Reid obviously would want to take a timeout to think about it, but in those circumstances is he even able to make a decision without taking at least one delay of game?

Talamius

The problem with Norman is he's already 28 (older than Sherman) and not that fast to begin with. He's also gotten incredibly lucky on several plays this year. With a little bit more accuracy from some QBs we've played, no one would even know his name.

I think we would be better off long term giving Short a big contract and attempting to franchise Norman for now. Having that pass rush up front frees up Luke and TD to be terrors.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yes, it was a sad time. I was so desperate for games I got Dynasty Warriors 2 and FantaVision.

Hey now

I bought a PS2 just for Dynasty Warriors 2. I was a Romance of the Three Kingdoms addict back on the SNES so it blew my mind seeing all those dudes in 3D going around killing people on a battlefield.

the only good thing that abomination of a franchise has ever done
What about that time they had a perfect season? It was kind of like the time the Pats almost did it except they didn't completely faceplant at the finish line.

The Patriots lost that SB to the Giants who were considered massive underdogs.

Also, the Dolphins have beaten the Pats more times than the Pats have beaten the Dolphins. :)

What about that time they had a perfect season? It was kind of like the time the Pats almost did it except they didn't completely faceplant at the finish line.

Also, the Dolphins have beaten the Pats more times than the Pats have beaten the Dolphins. :)
Remember when Dolphins had one of the best QBs of all time and never won a super bowl

Respect

rowdy-panda-in-office-o.gif

bionic77

Darkest leave the trolling of the Pats to me. You are not cut out for this work!

Speaking of idiots, how did Carey get that call wrong on the obvious fumble when Peyton's pass clearly went backwards? I was 99% sure it went backwards after watching the first replay, but the fact that Carey said it was a forward pass just cemented my opinion.

Lol Sony selling that fireworks game for $50 when the ps2 released and now selling it for $15? Or $10 in 2016

PS2 was godly but I loved GameCube growing up

Pats will win the division next season but lose to the Flacco God , PI is back

bionic77

Lol Sony selling that fireworks game for $50 when the ps2 released and now selling it for $15? Or $10 in 2016

PS2 was godly but I loved GameCube growing up

Pats will win the division next season but lose to the Flacco God , PI is back
This is truth.

The PS2 is in the conversation for best console of all time, along with the SNES and DS. But the Cube was a shitload of fun and an amazing complimentary console. It was cool how different all the consoles were from each other.

eznark

Banned
Heh, funny seeing you get all worked up. Seems I've struck a nerve. You can just admit it pains you to see Cam succeed, it's fine.

You just seemed very concerned that I wasn't posting for 45 minutes last night, I don't want you to get an ulcer on account of me.

I am stoked at this Super Bowl. I'll be happy with either team winning, my only concern is that it'll be a boring blow out.

But yes, Cam Newton becoming a fantastic quarterback is really killing me.

I was sad that Palmer fell apart in December, though. That part does make me sad. He was amazing for most of the year and then the thread last night was full of people who were watching their first game of the season pretending that Palmer has always been garbage.

bionic77

I think you may be mistaken. I'm not talking about looking up Dan Marino on Wikipedia and reading that he never won a Super Bowl. Did you ever see him play live? Were you even old enough?
Gata probably grew up watching highlights of that Jags win over Marino in the playoffs. I think they won like 63-3 or something insane like that.

How do you think he became a Jags fan?

I was sad that Palmer fell apart in December, though. That part does make me sad. He was amazing for most of the year and then the thread last night was full of people who were watching their first game of the season pretending that Palmer has always been garbage.

See, Palmer last night is the Palmer i've always known. shit as ass in the clutch. I was shocked as hell to see him actually flourishing these past few years, because aside from the year he got Kimo'd he always found a way to lose.

bionic77

See, Palmer last night is the Palmer i've always known. shit as ass in the clutch. I was shocked as hell to see him actually flourishing these past few years, because aside from the year he got Kimo'd he always found a way to lose.
I actually thought the Cards could win it all and I won't pretend that I called Palmer a choker before the Packers game. He was legit great all year.

But the way he choked in the Packers game, you just don't recover from that one week later, if ever. He totally lost his nerve and was seeing a field full of ghosts.

rando14

Surely Palmer's injured finger played a role, that combined with his postseason choking = Disaster

I think you may be mistaken. I'm not talking about looking up Dan Marino on Wikipedia and reading that he never won a Super Bowl. Did you ever see him play live? Were you even old enough?

'99 Marino was painful to watch

bionic77

Surely Palmer's injured finger played a role, that combined with his postseason choking = Disaster

'99 Marino was painful to watch
People probably won't believe me when I say this, but that Jags team was pretty legit.

Brunell was kind of scary to play in the playoffs.

Not sure what happened since then.

eznark

Banned
I'm super baffled by this supposed "Carson Palmer chokes in the playoffs" narrative. Before this season he had only played in one playoff game essentially, against a legitimately excellent defense.

Is Teddy Bridgewater now considered a playoff choker for the rest of his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom