• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FFXII>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFX

ofP4Ru8.jpg

FFVI and FFIX are the best Final Fantasy games though.

squicken

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/2016-ballot.htm

The finalists were listed already if you missed. Beyond Farve and Pace I think 3 slots remain but I think they'll make him wait as that seems what they are doing with WRs not named Rice now

They have stupid arbitrary rules that they don't want two from a position in with the same class. So no Warner for sure. If Pace is in then no Faneca. I think TO goes in so no other WRs.

If I could vote: Faneca, Pace, Warner, Favre, Coryell
Voters will go: Favre, Lynch, Dungy, Greene, Owens

jakncoke

Banned
How can you say Warner isn't hof?

Because fuck him for 1 and 2 I think people put too much weight on him leading 2 loser franchises to SB. Not enough good seasons imo. If squicken can use the he just got alot of stats for being around a long not a hof(argument against jerome bettis hof) i can use he only had 5 good seasons argument for Warner not being a hof

RBH

Some notes from Matt Miller:

— The biggest buzz to come out of Mobile, Alabama, during Senior Bowl week is that the Tennessee Titans are absolutely shopping the No. 1 pick in the draft. The teams most likely to be interested? According to general managers I've spoken with from competing teams, the Cleveland Browns and Los Angeles Rams (with two second-round picks).

— Whether the Cleveland Browns keep the No. 2 pick in the draft or trade up, the expectation from NFL sources is that they will target a quarterback. I've heard all week from team scouts that they prefer the big arm of Carson Wentz over the accuracy and poise of Jared Goff.

— Robert Nkemdiche's hotel incident made big news, but sources I spoke with this week at the area scout level still think he'll be in play as a top-five pick. I've heard from the San Diego Chargers and Dallas Cowboys that both teams are doing extensive visits and background research on him.

— Talking to sources close to linebacker Myles Jack, he is reportedly one month ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn meniscus that ended his 2015 season. Jack has rare ability to move in space and could very well be a top-five pick in April.

— The top-ranked linebacker in this class, Jaylon Smith, is still a lock to go top-15, according to team sources. Smith, who tore his ACL and LCL in the Fiesta Bowl, is already back rehabbing two times a day, according to sources close to the player. One team to keep an eye on is the New Orleans Saints. I'm told there is a lot of like for him at weak-side linebacker on their board.

— It's no secret the Dallas Cowboys need to get younger at quarterback behind Tony Romo, and sources I talked to this week from a competing team don't expect owner Jerry Jones to pull the trigger on a passer with the No. 4 pick in the draft. Instead, look for Robert Griffin III or Johnny Manziel to be in Dallas next year.

— Laquon Treadwell entered Senior Bowl week as the No. 1 receiver on my board, and even though the junior isn't in attendance, after talking to sources familiar with his training regimen, the expectation is that he'll run in the 4.65-4.70-second range at the scouting combine. That would put Treadwell in the Alshon Jeffery camp as an early Round 2 player with big upside.

— The Green Bay Packers need an upgrade at inside linebacker, but scouts who know the team's draft philosophy told me general manager Ted Thompson will not draft one early on, as he doesn't see the position as a building block on defense.

— After watching the Houston Texans play in the playoffs, you can probably guess they'll go offense early in the draft, but I'm told by sources inside the Texans that they will focus on offense with all of their early picks.

uWoh35G.png

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...illers-scouting-notebook-for-senior-bowl-week

Bread

Banned
Because fuck him for 1 and 2 I think people put too much weight on him leading 2 loser franchises to SB. Not enough good seasons imo. If squicken can use the he just got alot of stats for being around a long not a hof(argument against jerome bettis hof) i can use he only had 5 good seasons argument for Warner not being a hof

squicken

Got these stats from Chase Stuart and Scott Kacsmar Twitter and articles

CAR led the NFL in scoring

-By DVOA, they faced the easiest schedule of opposing defenses
-They had the 2nd best average starting field position on offense
-CAR is 12th in Yds/Drive on offense
-1st team ever to lead NFL in scoring but outside top 10 in yards
-8th in DVOA on offense
-CAR 27th in pass attempts this year
-1st in rushing attempts
-Denver allowed 2nd fewest TD drives over 75 yards

CAR's offense is good but they do seem to benefit from field position quite a bit. Noodle has to avoid giving CAR short fields for Denver to have any shot

The coaches that were hired for jobs that Ron Rivera had Rooney Rule interviews for:

mike-mccarthy.jpg

Ken+Whisenhunt+Arizona+Cardinals+v+New+England+ZUsd9Aqdinyl.jpg

linehan_feature_67213.jpg

bobby-petrino-neck-brace.jpg

Cam+Cameron+Miami+Dolphins+v+New+England+Patriots+Ru9CZiKe94sl.jpg

18zby405wm7jnjpg.jpg

norv.jpg

$_35.JPG

To be fair, that Steelers interview wasn't really an RR interview. Tomlin and McCarthy were hits. The rest of these guys, eh...

BigAT

Why oh why would cleve be thinking of going from 2 to 1....

Probably the same reason they drafted Johnny Manziel in the first round. Probably the same reason they drafted Trent Truck at #3 overall. Probably the same reason they decided the corpse of Brandon Weeden was a fantastic quarterback prospect.

Narag

Why oh why would cleve be thinking of going from 2 to 1....

No doubt they have the inside track about who another team wants and are going to move up to 1 just to trade down for a billion picks and get the guy they want too. Basically going to be Draft Day sans Costner and with the Browns fucking it all up.

Slo

Guys I need a quick recommendation for a free video editing software. Just need to append one video onto the end of another.

squicken

One of the great moments in sports. I'm not sure there was a single Petrino supporter anywhere in the world. We were all united, for one day at least

Beach

In 3 months the Browns will have the top QB prospect in the draft class and an optimistic new head coach.

It could be worse

The coaches that were hired for jobs that Ron Rivera had Rooney Rule interviews for:

mike-mccarthy.jpg

Ken+Whisenhunt+Arizona+Cardinals+v+New+England+ZUsd9Aqdinyl.jpg

linehan_feature_67213.jpg

Cam+Cameron+Miami+Dolphins+v+New+England+Patriots+Ru9CZiKe94sl.jpg

18zby405wm7jnjpg.jpg

norv.jpg

$_35.JPG

To be fair, that Steelers interview wasn't really an RR interview. Tomlin and McCarthy were hits. The rest of these guys, eh...

Ok? Ron Rivera was almost fired and would have been last year if the panthers didn't play in a pathetic division and got a playoff win from Scott Lindley or whoever that was

Ok? Ron Rivera was almost fired and would have been last year if the panthers didn't play in a pathetic division and got a playoff win from Scott Lindley or whoever that was

Ron Rivera wouldn't have been fired last year. Like there was 0% chance of him being fired last year. 2013 earned him a pass. Plus it was pretty obvious to everyone paying attention that the QB was injured the entire year.

RR's job was in most jeopardy in the first month of 2013 after they lost to Seahawks at home and then to EJ Manuel at Buffalo in two games they really should have won. They blew out the Giants and then won 11 of their last 13 and won the division for the first time since 2008. Gettleman was not getting rid of him just a year removed from that. I mean, this isn't fucking Cleveland, continuity is important.

Anyway, there is no larger point to that post other than to laugh at Bobby Petrino and Gym Shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom