• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

JpkqtWd.jpg

May he rest easy now.

Hindl

Nintendo Direct was about what you'd expect from a company three months away from unveiling their new platform and more or less burying their current ones for good.

Yeah exactly. There's some alright stuff coming this year but it's clear they're saving everything for the NX. I feel bad for people about paper Mario but I won't criticize it before it's out

Once they say that BG&E2 news at E3, I'm all in on an NX

All N X
NH9gE7v.gif

Dann I hope that's true

TheFatOne

I hope to one day see Easley make it through an entire season.

So do I. Unlike some other players made out of glass that Belichick has picked in the draft he has shown some real talent. No question he can play at the NFL level. Just a matter of staying healthy.

It's sad that Nintendo is making me wish that this was a sequel to Super Paper Mario. While not the GOAT that TTYD was, it was still a good game that was fun in it's own right unlike SS.

This. Super Paper Mario was an excellent game, even if it wasn't TTYD. Shows that Paper Mario doesn't even need the RPG mechanics to be great and why Sticker Star was bad for more than just it's lack of RPG mechanics.

RBH

BigAT, Eznark, Jak, Bionic, and now Slo may not be with us today............but RBH is still here, baby!

Yeah!

1zEAc0n.gif

Eleuin

Slo has been here long enough to know you can complain about ot and gaming side in a way that won't get you* banned

So is there a guideline for whats being cracked down on in here?

Because I'm actually pretty confused.

Is it referencing and mocking threads in OT? If so, yeah I get it. Be nice to people.

Is it complaining about off topic anime posts in the NFL thread itself? I know thats not actually it.

Is it posting off topic anime in the NFL thread? If not, well it probably should be...

I'm not being facetious, I'm just wondering because it seems like a minefield. Obviously Ez was being a dick as he is want to be. Slo was playing a dangerous game imitating his star crossed lover. That all makes sense. I only check the thread at lunch and after work so scanning for a guide is tough.

I'm perfectly happy exclusively talking about how the Lions are going to get swept by the Vikings. So I think I'll be okay regardless.

I have a feeling Bionic wouldn't mind hosting it,
sans pat fans of course

If bionic, BG, rando watch the movie in the same place at the same time (with Milk Juan looking through the window because bionic's home is free of communism) wouldn't they be fighting over

407956-thumb.gif

the whole time?

We gotta stagger our screenings.

gutshot

Is it referencing and mocking threads in OT? If so, yeah I get it. Be nice to people.

Is it complaining about off topic anime posts in the NFL thread itself? I know thats not actually it.

Is it posting off topic anime in the NFL thread? If not, well it probably should be...

I'm not being facetious, I'm just wondering because it seems like a minefield. Obviously Ez was being a dick as he is want to be. Slo was playing a dangerous game imitating his star crossed lover. That all makes sense. I only check the thread at lunch and after work so scanning for a guide is tough.

I'm perfectly happy exclusively talking about how the Lions are going to get swept by the Vikings. So I think I'll be okay regardless.

Seems pretty simple to me. Don't attack other people and call them names because of their hobbies or whatever. Don't troll other threads and admit to it. Don't bitch and complain about the moderation.

Oh, and don't get drunk on a beach in Hong Kong and spam unintelligible bullshit.

Doomsayer

Seems pretty simple to me. Don't attack other people and call them names because of their hobbies or whatever. Don't troll other threads and admit to it. Don't bitch and complain about the moderation.

Oh, and don't get drunk on a beach in Hong Kong and spam unintelligible bullshit.

Unless you're Tabris, in that case, please continue.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Damn it I was thinking this too but it's not close to March 15th.

I'm kinda curious, and I'm sure others are too hence asking it publicly and not in PM, about the recent uptick in moderation. Did something spurn it on behind the scenes? Concerted effort to consistently mod across all threads? Or are mods just watching certain threads more closely? Thanks!

There is a general effort in improving moderation coverage overall, which was part of the reason for the larger number of new mods that were brought onboard compared to previous years. Community threads in particular haven't had as much coverage as the mod staff has liked.

As for this particular thread - as we all know there has been history with other sports threads, so these kinds of threads are going to have an extra level of scrutiny due to that past history.

I've been pretty clear on what the mod staff's expectations are - they realize a certain level of trash talk is part of the fun of sports threads and are fine with that. Their main concern has always been about being actively and aggressively hostile - everyone deserves a chance to post and try to partake in the community. Don't treat the thread as a bunker either, thinking it will shield you from posting whatever you want about stuff happening in other threads or other posters. If you have an issue with something, PM a mod and we'll try to address the issue.

People also need to not aggressively derail the thread when it comes to off-topic stuff, which is something that has been an issue in the past from some of the PMs I've received from you. I realize this happens often in the off-season and usually comes and goes in waves usually dying out on its own. But anything particularly egregious that results in pages and pages and pages of the stuff, whether it be anime or soccer or random girl pics or Star Wars or whatever, that shouldn't be tolerated and I do agree on that point.

But on the flip side, if there's a minor amount of off-topic stuff that pops up or someone comments on those subjects, it shouldn't be immediate met with aggressively hostile responses (i.e. beyond the usual level of shit talking) either. If it's something you think is obviously bannable and an issue, PM one of us and we'll get to it in time if we aren't around.

If anyone else has any further questions, please send me a PM.

A pretty decent summary. As for the bolded, shit talking their favorite teams and players is perfectly fine! As well as obviously dumb shit...Spin's cooking pics for example isn't necessarily protected from snark.

Fox318

See my reply to gutshot.

I just want official mod approved conformation in legal messageboard text.

In fact if you could use your mod powers to change every avatar to Josh Freeman I'd take that as a yes.

With this soon Josh will adaance with the colts and take the world by storm ultimately coming to a head when he is elected prime minster of japan after his guest spot shokugeki no soma takes the world by storm.

It all starts with you Xia.

Will you change the fate of the universe?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just want official mod approved conformation in legal messageboard text.

In fact if you could use your mod powers to change every avatar to Josh Freeman I'd take that as a yes.

With this soon Josh will adaance with the colts and take the world by storm ultimately coming to a head when he is elected prime minster of japan after his guest spot shokugeki no soma takes the world by storm.

It all starts with you Xia.

Will you change the fate of the universe?

I think avatar changes are like tags, meaning admins can do it and not mods. And that would be too much work anyway, so nobodygottimeforthat.gif

Top Bottom