• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

JABEE

w85xU3Q.png

Euron

If only the Giants had a fan with the eloquence and expression to clearly and coherently represent the team, the fanbase, and the world at large as much and as accurately as EatDatPussy45. We simply aren't worthy.

Eleuin

Can confirm the Packers have re-signed Nick Perry. Don't have the terms but @TomSilverstein reported it's 5 million for one year.

goodjob.gif

happy to keep him
If he stays healthy he needs to take more snaps from peppers, especially with clay maybe moving back outside
I really hope they don't resign mike Neal now, guy is useless

Godslay

Banned
Wait you actually want Kapernick?

Am I taking crazy pills?

Yes, I do.

He's right for the offense Kubes wants to run. Assuming that we can rework his deal as part of a trade so that it doesn't balloon after this year.

As much as I liked Brock, Kaep is a better fit. He'll essentially be Jake Plummer with speed and more athleticism.

I'll also add that he has playoff experience, and was 1 play shy of winning a SB. I think he's undervalued tbh and somewhat a victim of the regression of SF as a whole.

Yes, I do.

He's right for the offense Kubes wants to run. Assuming that we can rework his deal as part of a trade so that it doesn't balloon after this year.

As much as I liked Brock, Kaep is a better fit. He'll essentially be Jake Plummer with speed and more athleticism.

Kaep is done. He had his moment and now he's barely a backup. He's going to make Sam Bradford look like Johnny Unitas if you start him.

minx

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 3m3 minutes ago
#Bears deal with Tracy Porter more team friendly than originally thought. Bonuses galore to reach all $16.5M. Cap hit won't be too bad.

squicken

Seems like there should be some pressure on CLE to field a competitive team at least. Most of their moves can be defended, but in totality, they really can't. Sure looks like a tank job

Godslay

Banned
Kaep is done. He had his moment and now he's barely a backup. He's going to make Sam Bradford look like Johnny Unitas if you start him.

A lot of people in here said the same thing about Manning when we signed him a few years ago.

You very well could be right, but you have to look at situation as well as the player.

Tomsula was dog shit, and from what I've read so was the OC. It's a steep drop off between that and Harbs. Add in that Kaep was also dinged up, and some OL swapping after he was benched and you have the perception that he is done.

If he is, I guess we'll find out. I'm guessing he'll have a resurgence in this offense. Won't be Star Wars stats obviously, but he could be very effective and a force multiplier for the run game. We also have some good weapons to help him in the WR dept.

squicken

If he is, I guess we'll find out. I'm guessing he'll have a resurgence in this offense. Won't be Star Wars stats obviously, but he could be very effective and a force multiplier for the run game. We also have some good weapons to help him in the WR dept.

Harbs' last year Kaep struggled. Best I remember, they tried to give him more of the offense and let him be a pocket QB and he couldn't do it

A lot of people in here said the same thing about Manning when we signed him a few years ago.

You very well could be right, but you have to look at situation as well as the player.

Tomsula was dog shit, and from what I've read so was the OC. It's a steep drop off between that and Harbs. Add in that Kaep was also dinged up, and some OL swapping after he was benched and you have the perception that he is done.

a lot of people are idiots. kap is absolutely not done. he has shown if you give him a decent defense and a few weapons he can be very dangerous. he has accuracy issues and other issues but he has the potential to be in the upper half of the league for QB's. when you have a defense like denver, that is more than enough.

and as ive said, i prefer to keep kap. but if he is unwilling to play for us then we have to do what we have to do

Godslay

Banned
Harbs' last year Kaep struggled. Best I remember, they tried to give him more of the offense and let him be a pocket QB and he couldn't do it

14' was slightly better than 13', but fairly close.

13':
58.4% comp, 3197 Yards, 21 TDs, 8 Ints

14':
60.5% comp, 3369 Yards, 19 TDs, 10 Ints

He won't have to be a pure pocket passer with Kubes, so some of the burden will be off.

a lot of people are idiots. kap is absolutely not done. he has shown if you give him a decent defense and a few weapons he can be very dangerous. he has accuracy issues and other issues but he has the potential to be in the upper half of the league for QB's. when you have a defense like denver, that is more than enough.

and as ive said, i prefer to keep kap. but if he is unwilling to play for us then we have to do what we have to do

I'm sold on him. Might not take us to the promise land, but he'll improve the offense.

14' was slightly better than 13', but fairly close.

13':
58.4% comp, 3197 Yards, 21 TDs, 8 Ints

14':
60.5% comp, 3369 Yards, 19 TDs, 10 Ints

He won't have to be a pure pocket passer with Kubes, so some of the burden will be off.

I'm sold on him. Might not take us to the promise land, but he'll improve the offense.

our offensive line went to absolute shit in the 2nd half of '14 and all of '15. as far as i am concerned, a great deal of his struggles can be traced back to that. he does have things he needs to work on and i dont think he'll ever be elite but if he is healthy he can be extremely dangerous and has proven that he can win in the playoffs.

If you are benched and outplayed by Blaine Gabbert, it doesn't really matter what the scheme is you suck.

dont forget he was playing with some pretty serious injuries.

as for gabbert, he played decently even without comparing him to what kap did or didn't do in the previous games. i think gabbert, based on watching him last year, is one of the better backups in the league. i don't know if he is going to be our starter (hopefully not) but it's good to have him around

Afrikan

check out his playoff record... also how our defense did in those games. or where those games were.

that Patriot fan talking shit cracks me up... it was his former player Jordan Devey that had a huge part in our offense looking dog shit.

fans and the media can act/ignore how horrible our Oline was...and what that can do to a QB two years in a row. You can only do so much from that position when you are facing teams with great pass rushers...especially if you have a shitty OC. Sure Blaine looked better just because he took those quick dump offs that defenses wanted us to take....but when we needed to convert on those downs, Gabbert was still checking down. And even when he had time, Gabbert still checked down the majority of the time.

Godslay

Banned
^ Yeah, I've been watching a lot of his stuff today. Even a couple games this year, he was actually decent.

I just wish they would hurry up so I can know if Squidward is going to be the next Broncos QB.

Silver said probably not tonight, if it's happening restructuring and physical probably has to go down first. Seeing him flying to Denver, if true is an encouraging sign. Unless... it's a connecting flight to the Cleve.

our offensive line went to absolute shit in the 2nd half of '14 and all of '15. as far as i am concerned, a great deal of his struggles can be traced back to that. he does have things he needs to work on and i dont think he'll ever be elite but if he is healthy he can be extremely dangerous and has proven that he can win in the playoffs.

He's definitely worth a look. Definitely seems like a 2nd is coming for you if it works out. Maybe a 5th in addition.

Afrikan

Don't underestimate the scheme fit with Kubes. Could be scary.

I was hoping we were going to get him YEARS ago... especially when we had Vernon Davis and Delainie Walker.

Kube had Owen Daniels and the other TEs running open deep years back with the Texans on those stretch play actions.

Afrikan

What is the injury which makes your awareness, vision and pocket presence regress?

Is he going blind? RGIII syndrome?

VJBvE2y.gif

you need to watch leading up to that play... the one before it... the scenario. We had a Rookie RB back there who got stuffed...we have always been an offense that was conservative.. Rams were blowing our predictable shit up on that series.

Kaepernick was just trying to make sure the Rookie (who was stuggling) got a good hand off.

sure that is still on Kaerpernick for missing that...but I understand how he just wanted to get the playoff and a successful handoff to the rookie RB..because Bush and Hyde were hurt.

we have had fumbles in those EXACT same location/situation in that same Dome, because of miscommunication in the past.

It's hilarious seeing so many QB moves in one offseason, causing fans to have to try and talk themselves into mediocre QBs. Now you know how me and DM feel.

Top Bottom