• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

And we continue to live our lives.

514PhHR.gif

MechDX

With former Browns players making their at least slightly subtle jabs at the Browns I cant wait for Johnny to just fully go off, unabashed

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everyone was right. I really underestimated what Cleveland would do to him. Joe Thomas would probably be like Superman under the yellow sun of any other NFL city

You're right, it's 100% the Browns fault he ended up the way he is.

Good analysis.

Everyone was right. I really underestimated what Cleveland would do to him. Joe Thomas would probably be like Superman under the yellow sun of any other NFL city
Joe doesn't deserve this... Everyone else can suck it. But he doesn't..

Also come on Squicken.. He's a great college qb.. Shit pro.. It was written.

Pls, he didn't bust because he came to Cleveland. He had all the opportunity in the world.
Whatever happened to that Kellen "FUCKING SOLDIER" Winslow Jr.?
He's actually planning a comeback, still soldering up. Man what a warrior
With former Browns players making their at least slightly subtle jabs at the Browns I cant wait for Johnny to just fully go off, unabashed
Lmao wtf is he gonna say that anyone cares about? With the track record since he's come to the NFL, fuck theirs a chance he goes to jail.

squicken

You're right, it's 100% the Browns fault he ended up the way he is.

Good analysis.

Of course not. But I think that players go to Cleveland and they lose heart. Football stops being as important as it used to be b/c of all the losing. I think the Browns lost JFF when they lied about the QB competion his first year.

He's a waanabe Kardashian now so idgaf what he does now. I look forward to the 30 for 30

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Luke Rodgers ‏@thelukerodgers 46m46 minutes ago

Texas Tech WR Jakeem Grant just clocked a 40 yard dash in the 4.1 range. #Saints scout had him at 4.10. Fastest 40 ever.

MechDX

Of course not. But I think that players go to Cleveland and they lose heart. Football stops being as important as it used to be b/c of all the losing. I think the Browns lost JFF when they lied about the QB competion his first year.

He's a waanabe Kardashian now so idgaf what he does now. I look forward to the 30 for 30

Stop defending him. I swear you put no blame on Johnny at all

Fantomex

Ugh, you're going to make me defend Tannehill. :(

Look at the sack numbers. If, like me, you believe that 80%+ of those sacks were not primarily Tannehill's fault you'll see where the true issues lie.

I had a feeling the sack numbers might be mentioned, not the fact that Fitz had more rushing touchdowns and more passing touchdowns. So here is Tanney compared to Blake Frickin Bortles.

bYaPZ9c.png

Bortles was sacked more than any QB last year. Yet he lost less yards than Tannehill, he passed for more Touchdowns, averaged more yards rushing, nearly rushed for 3x as many first downs as Tannehill, and has only been in the league for 2 years. All this while he's played with the Jaguars. No receiving corps, No offensive Line, No targets and No QB Guru coaching him. I'm just sayin.

Pls, he didn't bust because he came to Cleveland. He had all the opportunity in the world.

Yes he did. A competent franchise would have seen all the red flags and done everything in their power to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Cowboys hired a guy to take care of Dez full time to make sure he didn't backslide. What did the Browns do with Johnny?

gutshot

Yes he did. A competent franchise would have seen all the red flags and done everything in their power to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Cowboys hired a guy to take care of Dez full time to make sure he didn't backslide. What did the Browns do with Johnny?

Made him move to Cleveland.

I had a feeling the sack numbers might be mentioned, not the fact that Fitz had more rushing touchdowns and more passing touchdowns. So here is Tanney compared to Blake Frickin Bortles.

bYaPZ9c.png

Bortles was sacked more than any QB last year. Yet he lost less yards than Tannehill, he passed for more Touchdowns, averaged more yards rushing, nearly rushed for 3x as many first downs as Tannehill, and has only been in the league for 2 years. All this while he's played with the Jaguars. No receiving corps, No offensive Line, No targets and No QB Guru coaching him. I'm just sayin.

Read this friend, just using stats to make a point doesn't work, you need context and evaluation of every pass play to get a clear idea of what's really going on. I'll post Bortles in a bit if you really want to compare both QBs.

LevelNth

Banned
I know it's easy to make fun of Manziel, but he's walking away having made over $15m from football after only playing about 10 games, and frankly, he probably doesn't even like the sport anymore.

Not hard to see why he wouldn't really care so long as he doesn't care about being an uber millionaire, and is cool with being just a multimillionaire.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

My bad, completely forgot every year Cleveland is the only team with a losing record who don't make the playoffs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Bullshit, explain the Lions.

Players on a losing team will play for their next contract if nothing else.

Fantomex

Read this friend, just using stats to make a point doesn't work, you need context and evaluation of every pass play to get a clear idea of what's really going on. I'll post Bortles in a bit if you really want to compare both QBs.

Frankly it's hogwash. Tannehill and Stafford are the same QB. Good stats, great during a couple of games, but when it's all on the line they fold. Here is a great line by Bill Burr that totally reminded me of Tannehill, Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler and AJ Feely.

https://youtu.be/VMW5p9B0VHU?t=5m47s Click Here

Furyous

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*rooms start filling with tears higher than the water in the Sons of Liberty tanker section*

Johnny Manziel was cut. Wait, you mean to tell me Connor Shaw outlasted the first round draft pick can't miss franchise QB Johnny Football? Nah, that can't be right. BRB to check the news. Shout out to all the Manzealots out there bashing the team because their guy flamed out.

Now that the NFL's QB Instagram socialite MIP is off the team it's time to prep for a Goff future. Kaep isn't the guy for us. We need the Goff. I'd even take a flyer on a Wentz but Goff is our guy. Jared pls save us.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ralph N. Paulk
‏@RalphPaulk_Trib

Steelers CB Antwon Blake scheduled to visit New England and Titans this weekend, while agent negotiates with four other teams.

What website is this? I need a Cutler writeup!

It's a PDF I bought, from https://twitter.com/Cianaf, he broke down every pass last year, I'll post cutler in a bit.

Frankly it's hogwash. Tannehill and Stafford are the same QB. Good stats, great during a couple of games, but when it's all on the line they fold. Here is a great line by Bill Burr that totally reminded me of Tannehill, Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler and AJ Feely.

https://youtu.be/VMW5p9B0VHU?t=5m47s Click Here

lol no, read Staffords review, dude is terrible

The amount of hate Tannehill gets is ridiculous, I'm not saying he's our QB for the next 10 years, unfortunately we still don't know what he is, but that's hardly his fault and he was so severally limited by the coaching staff, everything in that write up was obvious if you were watching the Dolphins closely, Tannehill was way down the list of our problems last year, I would even go as far as saying he wasn't a problem and preformed admirably for being in that shitty situation he was in.

Top Bottom